3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Rainy Days and Mondays Chick Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/146303-rainy-days-mondays-chick-chat.html)

cottagebythesea 07-14-2008 06:26 AM

Rainy Days and Mondays Chick Chat

:coffee: I was soooo tempted to sleep in this morning. It's a steady downpour here, and I'm still exhausted from yesterday. But it's a good kind of exhausted. :yawn: We had a great time at Cape May, and baby Tyler was a little angel. He loved splashing in the waves, and even took a long nap in the shade of our beach umbrellas. So we all had a pleasant, relaxing day. :)
Today I have to do some laundry and pay a few bills. This is the last few days of my vacation, but I'm missing my Audrey & Maggie and will be happy to see them again. They're due to get home Thursday afternoon.

What's everyone doing this week?

Loriann7 07-14-2008 06:36 AM

GM Cottage... we had rain most the day yesterday, which is alright because I got a lot of cleaning done inside, had a friend over who trimmed three trees for me and my son is coming over today to help clean up the mess from that. He's also scheduled to grab his furniture, once he does that and after I shampoo the carpet in there I'm gonna be moving my desk, the dog crate and several other things in there. It'll be so nice to have a "den". Then, once I have everything situated I have a solid wood desk I'm gonna finish redoing this year (been working n it three years now) and thats goinginmy living room for my Bible studies.

FINALLY got my weight back down from 191 to 181. Yes, gained most the weight I had lost back, and in one weeks' time I've lost that much. This am weighed in at 181.5. I'm not going to get excited, because I gain and lose this ten pounds ALL the time. Now, to keep on with the diet and week two of P1, and get myself down in the 170's!!!!!!

femmecreole 07-14-2008 06:38 AM

Cottage, rainy days are great days for laundry and bill paying!! And books and naps!!

Nothing exiting going on here. Getting some work done so I can go play with a friend today. A client sent me a "last minute emergency" so I'm dealing with that and hoping it won't cut into my fun time today. I was bored to death yesterday when my husband was at work and cleaned this house top to bottom..even cleaned out the fridge and washed baseboards and polished silver and steamed my area rugs with spearmint oil. Thank goodness for music..at least I could dance while I cleaned.

Did anyone catch the new Big Brother last night???? I really got a kick out of the New Orleans lady. We got really tickled at everyone getting annoyed with her for being "loud". She is just so typical New Orleans and would seem perfectly normal to a house full of New Orleanians.

Morning Loriann...we were posting at the same time!!! Great job on getting a handle on that weight!!

Loriann7 07-14-2008 06:43 AM

hi Femme... I don't watch big brother. Matter of fact, I don't watch TV! My son is gonna be taking my tv today, the entertainment center and the surrround sound system! I went two years without one, and now I'm sorry I allowed an old boyfriend to give me a tv!

Loriann7 07-14-2008 06:45 AM

BTW, this is week two of unemployment. I had four interviews last week, I'm hoping one will pan out. If not, I don't mind another week to get a few things done around the house! LOTs to do that has been neglected. Like today or tomorrow I have to run and get a panel for the "flash:"? on top of the siding. I have all my screens I have to rescreen, a desk to refinish, and I'd like to power wash the siding. ;)

Loriann7 07-14-2008 06:55 AM

Oh Yeah! The neatest thing yesterday! One of the trees my friend trimmed, before he started there was a baby bird on a branch. it jumped to the ground, I got to hold it while Ziggie trimmed the tree. The mother bird on a nearby tree watching! After he was done I tried to put the bird back onto a higher branch, but it jumped from the branch to the ground again. Momma bird came to it's rescue! it wasn't hurt! But how many people get to hold a baby bird from the wild???? :) MADE MY DAY.

Ruthxxx 07-14-2008 07:02 AM

Good morning and it's raining here too! That was NOT on my plan for the day! :( There's lots to do indoors though and today just may be an afternoon nap day since I woke at 3 with cramps and just drifted after that. No! It's definitely not TOM! It may have something to do with the wages of weekend sins.

Cottage, glad Cape May was fun. I looked it up on Google and was very impressed by one of the B&Bs there. I just need to find one that allows dogs!

Cat, been thinking of you lately as I'm re-reading Divine Mysteries of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I'd forgotten it was set in Louisiana. (Can you tell I have been bitten by the travel bug?)

Loriann, are you about to come down with the "empty nest" syndrome? :lol: I must admit I was absolutely delighted when my son moved out. He claims I kept handing him steaks and other food from the freezer.

Finally figured out the trick to the pressure watcher connection and may get to that when the rain lets up. I did get all the paperwork done for the Fair school work yesterday. There were 145 winners out of over 1200 entries - biggest number yet. So, after the Fair but before school starts, I'll have 145 envelopes to do and deliver to the schools. I'll just ease into that job and do it on rainy days.

Someone on another thread said that she looked at meal planning as a second job. This week I am determined to plan my menus and follow the plan. It's too easy to just play it by ear when you live by yourself. You'd think I'd know that at my advanced age!

Hey! The sun is peeking out and the rain has stopped. Crazy weather!

Hope your Monday is brilliant.

femmecreole 07-14-2008 07:12 AM

Ruth, there is another book by the same author called "Little Alters Everywhere" that is about the childhood of the main charecter, her relationship to her family and the other Ya-Yas. Read it years ago and really enjoyed the book. It kind of "sets the stage" for the Ya-Ya book. I lent it to my sister in law and her dog ate it.

CyndiM 07-14-2008 07:20 AM

Good morning Chicks! It's a rainy day here too. Starting off with hot cereal with fresh blueberries. :drool:

Cottage - Sounds like the Cape was lovely :) Enjoy your last few days of vacation.

LoriAnn - I kept watching your rain yesterday thinking it was coming here but it never did. My Mom always says that my moving out saved our relationship and I felt the same way when it was time for my daughter to go. Congrats on the weight loss!

Cat - Hope the "emergency" is out of the way quickly and you have a good day with your friend.

Ruth - good luck with that sun!

Today is my only work day this week. tomorrow we leave for a short camping trip to the White Mtns. Woo hoo! I love camping. We get to try out the new smaller tent. My daughter "borrowed" our other one and we only had the huge vacation tent. I'm planning hikes and swimming. We did find an internet cafe so Julie can check-in on her classes but I doubt I'll do any posting. It just gives me an excuse to drink lattes instead of camp coffee :)

Have a good day!

Loriann7 07-14-2008 07:23 AM

Speaking of retreats... does anyone know that the fingerlakes boast of LOTS to do, let alone the GEORGOUS scenery?

Here is a link to my FAVORITE place, I go once a year at least because it's two hours from my house. http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterfalls/watkins.shtml

OK, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but within twenty mins from my house are four gully's and I haven't seen any of them! Here's the links, my sister and I are going to venture there next weekend with the kids. Yes, my dear son is invited if he wants to come. he'll have to check his "busy schedule' LOL.

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...rksgully.shtml

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...lingully.shtml

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...erycreek.shtml

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...imesglen.shtml

remember to scroll down those pages to get better views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyndiM 07-14-2008 07:25 AM

Cat - Isn't there a third one too? I can't think of the name right now but seem to remember reading it. Oh, Ya Yas in Bloom?

I loved those books

Loriann7 07-14-2008 07:26 AM

Ruth... I was relieved when he finally moved out... but yes, I did get aweful lonely, and had a bought with the "empty nest" syndrome. But I've been planning for years to have a den, and am excited I'm this close to decluttering the living room!

OH, and he called me last weekend (just days after informing me he's moving out and asked me to take him shopping. I asked if he had money, he said no... I (very hard to do this) said "you moved out". he said he had to try! But I am giving him a bit of money to help with those cut branches! ;)

femmecreole 07-14-2008 07:28 AM

Cyndi, I haven't read that one yet! Will have to get it this winter so my Mother and I can read it while she is here with me.

cottagebythesea 07-14-2008 07:30 AM

Ruth, here is a link to a great B & B in Cape May that welcomes doggie guests, too. :)

http://billmae.com/

Loriann, I spent a week at a cottage on Lake Cayuga two summers ago, and it's a gorgeous area! We enjoyed exploring many state parks and a good many wineries in the Finger Lake area, but I can't remember the names of the parks we went to. They were quite amazing, though. :)

TwynnB 07-14-2008 07:32 AM

good morning chicks!

Ruth - agree with the planning. I've been slacking on it. Hasn't made me go off plan yet, but I pace a lot!

Cottage - Glad you enjoyed your weekend (note: jealousy!). Enjoy the rest of vacation!

Lori - Good luck on the job search! You're far more motivated at home than I am!

Cat - finally noticed the new avatar....I like it too!! So are you saying you're like the typical New Orleanian?!

Cyndi - Have a Great time camping!! We're in the midst of trying to set up a 3 day trip next weekend. We just moved up in tents though....it's huge!!

Me - spent yesterday shopping state parks (there's a TON within a couple of hours of us!) to see where we'd like to camp. Great day for it, since it rained a lot (we passed it on to some of you!). Today: Short day of work, then probably off to lift weights, a jog, then.....boring household stuff. Grocery shopping, cleaning, working on supper. Better go to the what's for dinner thread to get some ideas!!

Have a lovely day!

Loriann7 07-14-2008 07:32 AM

Cyndi, I'll join ya!

Loriann7 07-14-2008 07:33 AM

Twynn, truth be told I get in moods to clean, but then most time I have NO motivation and it gets behind :(. I only keep up with the dishes, sigh.

Ruthxxx 07-14-2008 07:45 AM

Wow! I am so close to the Finger Lakes but haven't been there for years. The B&B that accepts dogs looks great. Now I need to figure out time and money.
Both my dogs are good car travellers but I'd need to break the trip as 8 hours is too long for me!
Now I'm into travel mode and need to gear up to start my stay at home life!

Pearlrose 07-14-2008 08:30 AM

Good morning Ladies!

Ruth - Good luck with your planning.

Cottage - Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Lori - Good luck on the job search, I wish I had as much energy to do all the projects you are tackling at home. I need to get back on track myself and lose some more of this weight.

Cat - Hope you get to go hang out with your friend.

Cyndi - Have fun camping.

TwynnB- Have a great day.

Me- Working and then running some errands trying to stay ontrack as well.

ladybugnessa 07-14-2008 09:03 AM

18 posts already... i'll never catch up....

good morning... it's raining
i'm in the boot for six weeks...
i'm leaning away from surgery for this thing.. the more i read the less inclined I am to have the surgery which may or may not work and will render me incapacitaited for 8-12 weeks to start...

zeffryn 07-14-2008 09:07 AM

Goodness, you ladies are up early this morning!

Cottage, Morning! Have fun on those last few days of vacation. Sounds like we have the same plan for today.

Loriann, congrats on the 10 lbs!

Cat, Morning! I know what you mean about the loud people....cajuns are the same way ;) It took awhile to adjust to my family down here, and even now I'm not heard most of the time.

Ruth, have a great day - an an even better nap!

Cyndi, I'm jealous of your camping trip! Have a fantastic time!

Pearlrose, have a great day!

Nessa, good luck with that decision, it is a tough one. Glad you're making an informed decision by researching! Have a good day.

--

I woke up to the smell of baking something...thought the house was burning down...turns out DH had a wild hair and pulled some of the ww homemade biscuits out of the freezer to bake. At least I don't have to worry about breakfast!

Not too much on the agenda today, it's raining right now and is supposed to turn into severe thunderstorms as the day progresses. I guess I'll just use this as an opportunity to clean up after this weekend, although there isn't too much to do beyond just picking a few things up and throwing some dishes in the dishwasher.

My sister in law comes in from Idaho in 2 days - my mother in law always freaks out about feeding everybody (not because of the money, but the effort of feeding 12 people) so I need to find some recipes and do some shopping to help out. It just makes everything flow a little better when we pitch in a few meals.

thunderbegone 07-14-2008 09:11 AM

Good morning ladies. It sounds like you are all doing well which is great. I am starting week 2 of phase 1 today. Managed to avoid eating unhealthy foods at the social events this weekend and am looking forward to see what the scale says next Monday!

JessieW 07-14-2008 09:16 AM

Goodness, lots of posts this morning! I am still tired even though I went to bed before 9 and woke up at 6:30...insane. I guess the little one is having a growth spurt.

I liked Ya-Yas in Bloom but I think it and Little Altars are far inferior to Divine Secrets. Of course, they are just different since they are little stories instead of a big one.

I have got to get into gear and move my stuff back up to my other office this morning. Then I must EAT before Libbie starts complaining too much!! Be back later.

zeffryn 07-14-2008 09:22 AM

Jessie - I'm in the same boat. Went to bed about 9:30 and woke up at 7:30....I could easily sleep for another couple hours. Too bad DS didn't feel that way ;)

Libbie? I assume that is the name of your baby! A girl! yay! What a cute name. :)

I'm going to have to pick up Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, I have no idea why I haven't read it yet.

Wishing you some energy and to feel good all day, mama.

weezle 07-14-2008 09:29 AM

Dang, I slept in and you girls didn't! One of my worker bees has my keys so I don't go in until 10 today.

So..... looks like I have to go to the doctor today. Most of you know how much I love doing that, and that something must be wrong if I'm actually doing it. It all started a week and a half ago with a bite on my thigh. Itched like ****, but I kept leaving it alone (even put toothpaste on it, cottage, which helped.)

So then it developed a "tail." That's the best way I can describe it. It was the same color as the bite, but under the skin. Then, a few days later, I developed a small, flakey patch of skin on my calf. Didn't itch, so I just thought I'd keep an eye on it and make sure it didn't turn into a little skin cancer spot.

Well, then I found another one on my side. Then two on my stomach. Then 10 on my back suddenly, and one of them is huge and looks like a perfect "ring." (See where I think this is going?) None of them itch or anything, which is strange to me, but they're ugly and obviously spreading.

I swear, if I have ringworm, I'm going to be really irritated. But, I just want it to go away, so I'm going to the damn doctor. Wonder what else they'll find wrong with me while I'm there. I usually save up at least 3 ailments before I actually go, but I have spots, and I'm too vain to let this go. ;)

Otherwise, I have two interviews at work today before my appointment. Should be a lovely day.

Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa

Schmoodle 07-14-2008 09:31 AM

Good morning chicks,
I am starting out my week tired. Last night around midnight our power went out. DS was still awake (my night owl) and said he saw a big flash from the direction of the power station in town when it went. So we dug out flashlights and candles, but he was pretty unhappy about the situation, kept waking me up because he couldn't sleep and didn't want to be alone in a dark house. Finally, DD2 woke up, and then DD1. Power came back on about an hour ago, but none of us slept well, and DD1 had to be at work at 5:30, poor thing.
Friday we leave for our week at the beach, so I have lots to do to get ready to be away, but can't wait to hit the sand!
I have to admit to an embarassing binge-fest last night. It's pre-TOM, and I guess I was down about the scale not moving after so much work, even though I tried to brush it off. I wrote everything down, which is my new technique, and was that ever painful! It was a very long list. I am resolved to have a completely clean week before my vacation.

cottage, you should get some sun soon. It rained all evening yesterday and into the night, but it's pretty here this morning, still just a little overcast.
Hi Loriann, good job dropping that weight so fast. Now we can race to the 170's, but I am a turtle, so I'm sure you will win! Good luck with the job hunt.
Poor Nessa, I can't imagine being down for that long.
Ruth, Cat & Cyndi, loved those ya-ya books, at least the first two, I haven't read the third. The other two went into my permanent library. Cyndi, have fun camping!
Hi Pearl and Twynn, hope you have a lovely day.

Hi weezle, zeff, and Jessie, took me so long to write my post I missed you guys. Good luck at the doctor weezle!
Have a great Monday chicks.

hmacneil6 07-14-2008 09:35 AM

Good morning Ladies!!! Happy Monday! You're a chatty bunch today!

Cottage - Glad to hear that you had a good time at the cape, and so glad that dh agreed to go with you. Hopefully that momentum will continue and you'll get out some more this summer.

Lori - Congrats on the weightloss. I hope the interviews go well this week. Good luck!

Cat - Have fun with your friend today. And great job on the house cleaning, what a feat!

Ruth - It was me who said that you had to treat weightloss as a second job. I'm so glad that I encouraged you to think about it in such a different way. I know I get so much encouragement from you that it's nice to return the favor. Enjoy your book....it's one that I really LOVED. There's also a movie that was made from the book. Pretty good, I'd recommend renting it.

Cyndi - Have wonderful time camping!! Be safe but have lots of fun!!

Twynnb - Looks like you've got lots of errands to run today. Here's to getting everything done today!

Pearlrose - Have a good one....enjoy your running around.

Nessa - Good for you doing research. I really hope it all turns out ok for you.

Zeff - You're such a good daughter-in-law. I hope your dh's mother knows how lucky they are to have you. And how nice to wake up to dh cooking biscuits, what a great treat!

Thunder - Good job this weekend!! Stick with it!

Jessie - Sorry to hear that you're sleepy....baby is probably growing like a weed.

ME - OK....so with all these personals I'm gonna make my own short at sweet. Great weekend, ate a lot of bread products, but for the most part meals consisted of salads and omelets. AND I was at the gym both days. I've got to keep myself conscious of any cravings I might have in the next few days. Nothing big at work, should be pretty quiet.
Have a good one, ladies!!!
ENJOY!!!

Weezle & Schmoo - Got to get moving, but wanted to say hi!!! Have a good one!

zeffryn 07-14-2008 09:39 AM

Weezle - I couldn't help but laugh at your post. Feel better ;)

Schmoo - We must have been up, posting and eating together last night. Hopefully you can squeeze in a nap sometime today.

h-mac - I help because I want to....and because my MIL drives me insane when she is stressed out. ;) Have a nice day.
--

I just checked the calendar and it seems I'm a few days behind...and SIL comes in TOMORROW. oy.

weezle 07-14-2008 09:47 AM

Yes, laugh it up. I am the rare species, the Spotted Weezle. Only found in two places on earth: the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

JessieW 07-14-2008 09:56 AM

Poor Weezle!! I hope the doc can figure out what's wrong. That sounds awful. I see my doctor way too much but with depression and high cholesterol he has to check me every six months. I am just sickly. Blegh.

Thanks, zeff! Our baby girl will be Elizabeth Jane and we will call her Libbie. Lately I have been concerned she is actually a monkey as much as she is moving around. :)

Kim_Star060404 07-14-2008 10:03 AM

Cottage: Good morning! Thanks for starting us off. I'm glad you're enjoying your staycation so much. I know you're ready for the girls to get back, though. I'm sure it will be a gab-fest with them as soon as they see you. Hmmmm...maybe you need to get some "silent time" before Thursday so you're prepared.

Loriann: Good for you, getting all your house-organizing done! It must feel great to be so productive. I still think that it's great that you're being so strong to help your son grow! Good luck with the job search.

Cat: If you get bored again you can head on over to my house and clean it! Hope your emergency gets taken care of quickly. Enjoy your fun time with your friend!

Ruth: Thank goodness we're over our traveling bug for this year. I don't think our wallets can handle another trip. (Well, we're going camping next weekend, but that doesn't count. ;)) Hope you have a good day pressure-washing.

Cyndi: Enjoy camping in your little tent! I think DH would prefer to have camp coffee every morning, but I just won't allow it. Have a good time!

TwynnB: Wow. You're lucky to have so many state parks so close. We've got quite a few as well, but couldn't drive to them all in one day. When are you going camping?

:wave:, Pearl! Have a nice day!

Zeffryn: Those darn calendars! Is it me or do they seem to change in order to make our lives more inconvenient? Good luck with the shopping and planning for SIL. I'm sure your MIL really appreciates your help!

Hi, thunder! Have a happy day!

Jessie: Libbie is SUCH a precious name. Sounds like she is healthy and making momma tired - how divine! Enjoy your day.

Lisa: Big bummer - hope it's not ringworm, but I don't know what else it could be. Hope the doc figures it out quickly and gets rid of the problem.

Schmoodle: Sorry about your bad night last night. At least it wasn't a longer-lasting problem. Hope you get some rest today before you go out to prepare for the beach. Don't worry about your binge - you're holding yourself accountable and will get through this the healthy way.

hmacneil: Your awareness of your eating and working out is awesome! Enjoy your day!

Me: Not much going on here. I'm working extra hours this week, but it shouldn't be too bad. I don't have much in the works for the next week-and-a-half or so, so I don't mind working more. The only big thing we might have this week is our steer being ready to pick up. DH and his boss will take care of getting it to the house, but I'll have to meet them there to make sure the freezer is organized the way I need it. I'll have to take a couple of hours off for that.

Well, off to cruise the net before settling in to work. Hope you all have a good day!

~Kim

hmacneil6 07-14-2008 11:13 AM

Didn't get to comment earlier so:

Weezle - So sorry that you have to go to the Dr. I hope it's something simple that a cream or two will clear up easily.

Schmoodle - Hope you're able to get some rest day, it must have been a rough night. And good job staying accountable to yourself re: the binge. Have a great, clean week.

Kim - You all are getting a whole cow??? When I was little my uncle raised a few pigs and cows for the family. I can still remember how good all the meat was. Such a treat!

Kim_Star060404 07-14-2008 11:18 AM

No, I think it'd be bad for us to get a whole cow. We'd end up eating beef daily for the next year. We're splitting a steer with DH's boss. That lasts him and his wife about a year and they eat more beef than us. We're definitely thinking that it will be about 200 lbs of meat and that it will last us until this time next year -- we're going to do this yearly from now on. It is going to be SUCH a blessing to have a freezer full of beef. I'll be able to spend less on meat and more on better cuts of chicken and fish! I can't wait to taste those steaks!!

SAnativegirl 07-14-2008 11:32 AM

Hi Girls-It is hot down here in Texas~

I managed to walk about 40 minutes at 9am,will try to make it earlier tomorrow. It felt so good to get out and walk. And trying to get in my water which is hard. Had a quiche cup for breakfast. Have a Lean Cuisine Beef and Broccoli in oven now, but it has no rice or carbs in it. And having fish and vegetables for dinner.

Off to beach this weekend!!! Have a good week!!!!

Barb0522 07-14-2008 12:08 PM

Brian had a wonderful birthday party. The older boys (all 11) were really nice to the 8 year old who came and they all had a wonderful time in the pool. The restaurant delivered a TON of food. I did manage to spend $345 of the money that I was allowed to spend for my 20th anniversary dinner and have lots of leftovers. The great thing was that the adults tried a little of each entree so we got to eat lots of good stuff and the kids had lots of pizza. We even split up the desserts so we got to try all 5 types without eating too much.

We forgot to bring the salads out and by the time we noticed we were all too full so I've got a big lunch of salad today that I'm looking forward to and still have more salad that Brian and I can have with dinner tonight. Most of the stuff that is left can either be eaten before it spoils or frozen so it should be a good use of the money.

I'm planning to take Brian to the park today to fly his remote control dragonfly if it doesn't rain. Everybody else gave him gift cards so he can pick out his own stuff. It's hard to buy for an 11 year old.

zeffryn 07-14-2008 12:22 PM

Barb -

Man, you must have had a huge budget for your 20th ann. dinner! What kinds of food did you have?

It sounds like the birthday party was a hit! Great job :)

Barb0522 07-14-2008 01:45 PM

zeffryn - I don't think there was anything that was totally on plan so this is all food porn. We had four types of pizza (they have a grilled vegetable one that would be on plan if they would just do whole wheat for the crust), we had lasagne, raviolo, baked ziti, shrimp murphy, a creamy spicy shrimp pasta dish that was WONDERFUL and something with grilled chicken and grilled vegetables. Then we had key lime pie, cheesecake, chocolate cake, tiramisu and cannoli. I really didn't eat too much since I just sampled a little of the more special dishes (skipped the baked ziti, ravioli and lasagna). It was so much nicer than trying to find time to take everyone to a fancy restaurant which the boys wouldn't have enjoyed anyway.

It was the first small party we've had since we got the pool and was good practice for the big staff party we're having Saturday night. That will be a hamburger, hotdog kind of thing so it will be easier to stay on plan. I have some turkey patties too since the hamburger ones are that lean. And I'll pick up some whole wheat buns to go along with the regular ones. I'm also going to make a three bean salad. I'm not sure if I'm going to do anything for dessert. I've told the staff they can bring sides and desserts so I will either not worry about one or I'll try to make one that is on plan. Oh, I haven't made my crustless strawberry pie this year and it is so good and easy!

zeffryn 07-14-2008 01:48 PM

that sounds so good. I hope you realize that you have been the source of many of my cravings lately.....my husband is thinking of banning me from this site ;)

EofAZ 07-14-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriann7 (Post 2268532)
Speaking of retreats... does anyone know that the fingerlakes boast of LOTS to do, let alone the GEORGOUS scenery?

Here is a link to my FAVORITE place, I go once a year at least because it's two hours from my house. http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterfalls/watkins.shtml

OK, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but within twenty mins from my house are four gully's and I haven't seen any of them! Here's the links, my sister and I are going to venture there next weekend with the kids. Yes, my dear son is invited if he wants to come. he'll have to check his "busy schedule' LOL.

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...rksgully.shtml

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...lingully.shtml

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...erycreek.shtml

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterf...imesglen.shtml

remember to scroll down those pages to get better views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loriann, I was raised in Naples. Moved out west almost 30 years ago and STILL miss it. I would move back in a heartbeat if I didn't have a daughter married and settled in AZ, could never leave her behind to move back to Naples.

zeffryn 07-14-2008 10:01 PM

I just finished a batch of ww peach-oatmeal muffins. I also made two loaves of challah bread earlier which are finishing cooling. I'm going to freeze one and bring one over to MIL's house. After the muffins are done baking, I'm going to start on 2 loaves of banana-pecan bread. DH begged me to make a second loaf so he could have some.

:)