South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, and others to come. Our day isn't sunny, in fact it's a pea-soup fog! We may see the sun later, but it's doubtful. I'm headed into the city, too, to see "Les Miz", as my son-in-law nabbed me some free tickets. It helps that he's the musical director, I get to see a lot of great shows for free that way. I'm going to stay the night with them and take the train home tomorrow. I'd stay longer, but tomorrow is Jake's birthday and we have plans to go out for dinner to celebrate.

I'm happy to hear that you had a pleasant afternoon for the wedding, Ruth. An Aussie accent gets me everytime!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:07 AM   #17  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth. Too bad there are no table dancing pics

hmacneil - Hope you had successful shoe shopping! I haven't been to a payless in years, we don't have any around here.

Melanie - you've become an exercising fiend! It's great that you're able to do all that without any soreness after. You must have stayed in pretty good shape. Bet you will see results soon.

Indigal - How is your friend doing? There is a farm not too far from here the makes water buffalo mozzarella. We ate a lot of it last year with tomatoes and basil. It's incredibly yummy & rich but we probably won't see it this year.

Natalies Mom - Did you find a suitable beach substitute?

Cat - that concert sound fabulous, would have loved to see that

Nessa - Are you fully recovered? I am such a light weight now that one glass of wine makes me silly. Not like the old days

Barb, Pearl, Kim and anyone else I missed!

Well I've managed to turn a long relaxing three day weekend into one day to get all my chores done. Oops! Yesterday we ended up going to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods with lunch out at one of our favorite restaurants. By the time we got home and put everything away there was time for a walk and then dinner. So today's list now includes laundry (already started), gardening, house cleaning, and some cooking/salad making for the week. Plus exercise - no hammock for me! Tomorrow is an extra day off for the hoped for boat trip, so something to look forward to!

Have a good day
Old 07-06-2008, 07:09 AM   #18  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Cottage. Have a wonderful time at the show!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Hello it's beautiful here today in rural India, sunny, breezy, pleasant temperature. I love the breeze, but it blows the monsoon clouds away... we are desperate for the rains... Mumbai is getting flooded, and we see nothing here!

My friend is better. She wasn't sure that she would ever see an end to the pain... now there is the light at the end of the rainbow...

My car has a flat so I need to take care of it. Have a terrific day everybody!
Oh yeah... I did my official weigh in this morning and the 10 lb loss held so it's official! Woohoo! ( I updated my ticker Friday because I was so excited! ) I love phase 1!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:21 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Kitty who is already in Sunday evening! Glad to hear your friend is improving.
on the ten pounds. That's impressive!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #21  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Sunday morning!!!

Had a fun day yesterday to round out the holiday weekend. (my husband works on Sundays, so our weekend stops on Saturday)

We drove to Baton Rouge "the long way" through some neat little "bayou towns". Then went out to eat. Had some wonderful grilled salmon with horseradish/dill sauce on top. I think it was mayo based, but would be great with Greek yogurt as well. Also had steamed vegs which I dipped in the sauce. Will have to remember that one.

then we went to target to get him a new alarm clock...got one with a cd player in it. then we came home.

A couple of hours later he said "I'm taking you out". So we went to a local restaurant that has a bar and got a drink and I got some sushi (little order!). Then we went to another place that had a guy setting up to play music out in the patio. He was really good, so we sat there for a couple of hours and really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-06-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #22  

I'm glad your friend is better, Kitty.

Robert did pick up Brian yesterday. I asked him if I should bring some of his stuff when I came to get Brian. He wouldn't answer. Just kept saying things like I'm sorry. So I only brought 9 high powered rocket pieces and a bag of his old paperwork. Then he refused to take them or talk to me. Brian asked him and it sounds like he might take them today so I'll leave them in the trunk. If he had to go straight to work and didn't have time, he should have just said so. He's also mad at me because I won't let him come to Brian's birthday party at the house. Even Brian knows that won't work.

I got through most of the stuff in the boxes but still have more to do. I started in on trying to edge with the weekwacker and my nice neighbor from across the street came over with his single edge metal blade one and it it for me so it will be easier for me to keep up with. That was so nice! And gave me time to mow too.

Today is church, dropping off Brian, grocery shopping, and finishing clearing surfaces.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #23  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning Ladies! Happy Sunday!
Ruth - Glad to hear that the wedding was a success and the groom w/ his accent was such eye candy. Serious.....two things get me almost every time, accents and uniforms. If you ever put them together my dh better watch out!

Cottage - Les Mis is my very favorite stage show ever! I hope you enjoy it. Have a great night with your family.

Cyndi - I only made it to one Payless...and they didn't have what I was looking for on sale. Maybe I can get to a few others before the day is out. At least your weekend was productive. Enjoy your chores today...and if you can, reward yourself for dinner tonight.

Indigal - Glad to hear that your friend is better. Bummer that your tire is flat. Hopefully this week will be better than last.

Cat - Sounds like you had a wonderful time yesterday. May today be just as lovely. FYI in either the June or July edition of Cooking Light there is a great reicpe for grilled salmon w/ a tangy cucumber sauce (that includes dill and horseradish). We had it for dinner this week and it was really tasty!

Barb - sorry things are so tough w/ the ex. Hopefully he'll start to figure it all out and make it easier not only on Brian but on you too. May you find what you're looking for at the Grocery store.

Me - Headed to church this morning and then we're going to lunch and to play Frisbee golf w/ friends from church. After I shared with them last week that we had played, Mike (my friend's dh) said that he had played a lot and even had his own discs. So we decided to go again this week. I'm really looking forward to it. Afterwards it's too the grocery store for me. Don't know what we're doing for dinner but dh really wants to go out. We'll see......
Have a lovely Sunday, Ladies!
ENJOY!!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I spent the last two days getting things in shape around the house. I feel much better now that it's tidy, groceries are bought, laundry's caught up, and I did some cooking for the week. Yesterday I tried a different farmer's market than I usually visit, and I think I'll be going to the new one in the future, it was much better. I stocked up on zukes, baby kale, and string beans, and made a taco bake, stuffed zukes, Nessa bars, and hardboiled some eggs, so I think I'm set for the week. I have been on-plan but stalling out on weight loss, so I'm going to track things a little more closely for a while. I may go back to calorie counting, if I get motivated, but we'll see. And try to get back into my exercise routine, which is probably the real issue here...

We had a soggy 4th, so just went to my Mom's for pizza night, no fireworks. We went to the movie on the green last night, but got rained out just before the end, so we don't know how the Love Bug turned out!

Today is office and paperwork day. Of course, as soon as Mr. Fix-it left on Wednesday, my desktop crashed, I started having trouble with my phone line, and my vacuum broke. I've got to see if I can fix things. DD has a party this afternoon, otherwise quiet around here, hopefully.

Kitty, scorpion bites! Yikes!
Ruth, I think your niece has exactly the right idea about weddings. I love low key garden weddings. Sounds like it was lovely and glad to hear you were well-behaved. "judgement day", oooh sounds ominous.
cottage, much jealousy here, I love Les Mis.

Okay, I feel my motivation leaking away, so I'd better get to it. Have a great Sunday chicks. Only five more days until Friday!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #25  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Schmoo - Apparently I just missed you. Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Hopefully the feelings will continue through this week. Good luck getting things done today!
ENJOY!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks hmac! Frisbee golf sounds fun, and hope you found the shoes you are looking for. Shoes are very important! Check my closet.

Poor DH, just got an email that upon reaching Sasebo (two day trip), he was pulled to cover a medical emergency on another ship and had to turn around and head for Norway.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Just got finished working out, feel great but need to head to the shower! We went to church last evening so we have the entire day free.

Sounds like everyone has great plans, it has definitely been a nice 3 day weekend for me and my family.

Have a great Sunday
Old 07-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #28  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

happy sunday gals

got up went to the gym
ran some errands
now home alone DH went racing and took girl child... they won't be home till after DINNER!

have a great day everyone.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #29  
Determined to lose!

Hi all. What a couple weeks! Where do I begin. Alright, I wont bore you with the details. The readers digest version.

First, my son, who's not been home really, came home Tue. night to do his laundry and shower. He was headed out at 11 pm. I have told him time and again not to bother coming home, so he doesn't wake me up (little does he know I hardly sleep wehn I know he's out like that.) Well, I forgot to say something, and in he came at 3 am. so I called him from work the next day to tell him he was coming into town with me the next day to look for work. Mind you, he's been out of college for two months, not ONE application! GGRRr. His response was to be gone when I arrived home.

Somethings at work also developed. The annual reports showed a huge loss, so the cpa's were coming in and checking things over, giving me, the inside bookkeeper, an uneasy feeling. So I sent out a few more resume's. Thursday came and one of them proved fruitful. I have an interview on Monday. And, my uneasy feeling... proved right. I was informed they were eliminating two positions... mine and one other. I had that "sinking" feeling for all of ten seconds... it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders! Illegal things are happening there that I didn't like.

So, on my way home, I picked up my son to talk with him about straightening up, esp. now. well, he informed me that he was moving out. He's moving in with a friend and his friends mother. NOT a good situation, but since he wasn't pulling his weight around the house, and having his hand out whenever he wanted money... I am sort of relieved he's going. I think he needs a good wake up call! Life isn't a hand out!

he's taken a few things, but I still can't use that room, his furniture is still in it. I told him I wanted it out by the week end, but it's still here. sigh.

So, with that said, it's just me, and i need to figure some budget meals .

I will do personals when things calm down!
Closed Thread