South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Beach Chat - formerly Thursday!

Good morning Chicklets!

I've been out strolling around the yard, picking up branches and other debris from last night's storms. We had some wicked weather, but we never lost power and everything seems to be ok. Hopefully it relieved the awful humidity and cools things down a little.

Now that the girls are out of school, my hours will be a little crazy. I have to be there by 9:30 this morning. I don't know what we'll do today, but they have ballet and tap lessons later in the afternoon. They'll probably want to go swimming again, so we may end up back here.

My coffee cup is empty, so I'm off to get a refill. Anyone care for a cup?
Old 06-11-2008, 06:37 AM   #2  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

I would love a cup Cottage! You sound very busy -- will it be like this all summer?

Well, my new niece did arrive yesterday -- Margaret Beatrice. Baby Maggie is just a doll! Tonight I plan to take Natalie to meet her new cousin -- should be so fun. Natalie had a great first day at camp -- of course I work on the campus where she goes to school now so I was able to go spy on her during swimming time and she was having a blast -- jumping and splashing!

Well, I hope to get on he treadmill over lunch today! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #3  

Did anyone notice that I totally skipped Wednesday and went straight to Thursday? Sorry about that! I'm trying to hurry the week along a little.

Need more coffee!!!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:45 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the , Cottage.

I was in here earlier and started us up but my ISP went down before I could post. I guess the storm affected them too. They are located in Brockville which is right on the border and NY state really got it. My friend Karen described it as 30 minutes of sheer terror! She's in Watertown. We were lucky to miss the worst of it here.

The heat seems to have broken and I'm feeling renewed this morning albeit a bit irritated from a rather unpleasant meeting last night. Who ever said a Cemetery Board Meeting would be fun? I'm planning to use gardening as an antidote and get some of those poor plants into the ground this morning. Donna comes to clean so I'll leave her in charge of the Doggage who just adore her. (I don't care how well she cleans as long as the dogs like her! ) I've turned the oven to auto-clean and may ask her to wash out the fridge since it's getting pretty empty. Since I got Disney, I've not been to the city to stock up but tomorrow is haircut day so I will shop. Our wee local store is pretty good but doesn't carry things like sf yogurt, ground chicken and turkey sausage.

Time for breakfast. It'll be on the deck this morning listening to the cardinal and oriole do their Canadian Idol auditions.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:49 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I completely missed that, Cottage! I'm glad to see you aren't perfect.

Natalie's Mom, congratulations on the new neice. It's great for kids to have cousins close to their own age.

Now I need more coffee!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:59 AM   #6  

Me, perfect? Far from it, I'm afraid! I'm glad your friend didn't suffer any damage from last night's storms, Ruth. We thought we were going to have a tornado, with the way the wind was blowing. Jake wanted me to go out and help him put away the pool floats and noodles, but I was too chicken to go help him! It's a good thing we have a fenced-in yard, because they're all over it.

Natalie's Mom, congratulations on your new little niece! I bet Natalie will be thrilled to meet her new cousin. I'm partial to the name "Maggie". My Maggie's real name is Margaret, too, as is my mother's.

I have the front yard all cleaned up, I'll tackle the back yard after breakfast and another coffee. I'm going to follow Ruth's example and have it on the porch.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hey everyone...yes, I live and breathe!!!

I thought once I was out of school that I would have more time....ha!!!! I've been swamped with work which I have been getting up at the crack of dawn to do so I can play in the afternoons. I also have to do all my gardening right when it gets light outside or it is too hot to do anything. So posting has just kind of fallen by the wayside. Also have 4 guys living here this summer so I've been cooking and cleaning like a crazy person...it's been wild, but fun. Seems like every afternoon we end up having a bloody mary party on the patio.

Sounds like everyone else is also ripping and roaring.

Been doing a lot of cooking with vidalia onions since they came out. I need to get a bunch and freeze them for the winter.

hugs and more hugs!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Chicks..... damp and cool here this morning. Although the weatherman promises that the sun will come out.

Cottage- Glad you weathered the storm without any damage. Hope you and your girls have a great day.

Natalie'sMom - Congrats on the new baby, what a lovely name. Glad that you wee one enjoyed camp. Enjoy your day.

Ruth- - Enjoy your coffee on the deck and listening to the birds, hope you don't vote anyone out.

Femme- sounds like you have been busy. And the deck parties sound like fun. Remeber to take some me time.

Me- Today is day three, and still not feeling to bad. I was not cranky at all yesterday. I have been drinking a ton of water so I think that maybe helping. We decided to take Megs to the oral surgeon. But I did call the Dentist office and tell them I was not real happy about it as it is 5 times the amount. Thank Goodness for insurance, but we still have to pay around 300.00. Oh well no sense in stressing about what I can't change. Eating has been well as well. Tonight is weigh in at TOPS, so we will see if the scale gods are going to be friendly. Well must dash I need to run to the store while my dd is home to watch the kids. I forgot TP of all things when I was at not one but two stores last night. Have a great day chicks.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #9  

Hi Ladies,

Ugh, I can't seem to get myself motivated to push through at start walking and now that it is so hot.... Does walking and pushing a shopping cart around Walmart for 45 minutes waiting on Rx, count as exercise? After the kids finally went to bed, I did get out the dusty dumbbells and do a little before I collapsed in the bed.

DD is NOT sleeping well. I was up at 5 with her. I tried to get her back to sleep, but she wasn't haven't it and I had to PEE! I took her up with me and sat her on the floor crying.. hey you gotta do what you gotta do! I was able to rock her down so I could get ready for work. Since I had some extra time, I stretched and did some crunches. Yay me! LOL

DS stays with his dad tonight, I may put DD in the stroller and get a small walk in. Then, when we pull back up in the driveway that little voice will see the swingset we recently bought and say "Wing, wing, wing".

Well, gotta get prepared for work. I'm not feelin' it today.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Thank goodness that awful heat has broken a bit! I took advantage last night and cooked a turkey breast and a big pan of moussaka, so I shouldn't have to cook again for a couple of days. I also made a big chicken stir fry and we've got lots of leftovers. I put garlic scapes in the stir fry, I haven't used those before, but they were so pretty and curly at the farmer's market I had to try them.
My coffee isn't settling too well this morning for some reason, I feel very queasy.
Oh well, hopefully a productive work day today and then the pool this evening. I'll make up some chef's salads to take along for dinner. Otherwise all is quiet around here...

Congrats on the new niece Nat's Mom. I love the name they chose. You can call her Maggie Bee for short.
djet, I am having exercise issues in this heat too. Hope you get a good night's rest tonight.
hi lc, good luck with the scale gods, and hope Megs surgery isn't too hard on her. Sounds like you are doing great with your other endeavor!
Cat, sounds like you've got a great start on summer. We've missed you around here. I don't think we get real Vidalias around here any more. When I buy them at the grocery, they are not what I remember, really mild and sweet. They even look different.
cottage, thanks for trying to move the week along! Three more days of school around here.
Happy gardening today Ruth!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Quick check in for me as I can't seem to get my jead to feeling right with the light headedness and the stopped up non hearing feeling but on the bright side I seem to feel a bit better. Hope to check in later.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

HI.

i missed the thursday debacle... so it's wednesday for me

Hi CAT saw you posed

Natalie's mom I love the name

hi everyone else.... I skim...

it's patch week at work.. make sure you get your microsoft updates... there are some doozies this month...

they are saying today will be cooler and nicer but STILL around 90...

today is my official weigh in day... i think it's time for a change of weight on my profile

todays weight: 214
Old 06-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!!

Cottage - Sounds like you had a doozy last night. I'm glad to hear that all came out ok. Have a good, but busy day. And say it with me "Today is Wednesday"!

Nat's Mom - Nice to be able to check in on your dd while you're working. I'm sure it gives both of you peace of mind. Congats on your new niece. What a great name!

Ruth - Sorry your meeting was a little crazy last night. I'm sure the gardening will help to calm the spirit. Glad to hear that you were safe. I really have a hard time imagining crazy storms.

Cat - Hello friend! We've missed you around hear. Glad to hear that all is well, albeit busy.

l/c - Keep it up! The farther away you get from your last puff, the easier it is to keep away. Way to go!!!

Schmoodle - Boy did you do a lot of cooking! You'll be set for quite a while. And it sounds like you made a whole lot of things for variety. Great job!

Gonnabe - Feel better. Lots of water, dairy, and beans!

Nessa - Great job on the new number!! You rock!

Me - So yesterday I did a new workout and today I am feeling it!! But as much as it's so, I kind of like it because it means that I worked hard. I don't love exercise, but I tolerate it to get better results. Today I'm taking the graduating seniors down to one of the bays around here and we're going kayaking. I'm looking forward to being out on the ocean. I'm just hoping that the weather clears. We had "June gloom" all day yesterday. I'd really like to see some sun today. And then tonight we're having taco bake.....yummy! I hope you all have a great Wednesday!
ENJOY!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies! Busy day at work no time for personals, just checking in. Day 4 Phase 1 for me, my headache is just about gone and feeling good even though the scale has not moved down I am okay with that. My body is being stubborn and retaining water, I am hoping I will have one of those swooshes hehe
Old 06-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/190/165

Good Morning Everyone!

I've been so busy at work lately I haven't had time to post. I'm now doing two jobs as our head of programming is in the hospital. That combined with wedding planning, AF and neighborhood association board stuff is making it SO hard for me to stay on plan. The past two days I've been craving chocolate around 3pm so I try to have a little bit larger snack in the afternoon and go home to a ricotta creme. It's been working, but it's so hard not to just go snack on something off plan.

Last night I also added a 40 minute workout DVD so I've been feeling really good about myself. I just wish the scale would budge more, but slow and steady wins the race, right?

Tonight I'll be mostly good (it's a special dinner), but I'm thinking about doing a week of supercharged phase I to make up for it and my bridal shower the weekend of the 21st.

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!
Closed Thread