South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #1  
Sabbykay

S/C/G: 254/ 220.8 /140

Height: 5' 5"

Default Do you fail to eat all you are supposed to??

I restarted Phase 1 last week as I hit a plataeu. I was wondering, do you all feel that you are eating so much food sometimes?

I could barely get though my 1 1/2 cups of cabbage at lunch today. I know this WOE works because I've lost 30 lbs so far, but somedays it is such a struggle and I fail to eat all I am supposed to eat.

Any suggestions?

Sabby
Sabbykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sabby, as long as you are eating a good balance of dairy, protein and at least 4 1/2 cups of vegetables every day, only eat when you are hungry. If you feel like you truly don't need your morning and/or afternoon snacks, just skip them. Many of us need to eat every 3 hours or so, just to give us an energy boost, but you don't have to eat everything that's suggested for a Phase 1 day.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #3  
Beach Bum

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbykay View Post
I restarted Phase 1 last week as I hit a plataeu. I was wondering, do you all feel that you are eating so much food sometimes?

I could barely get though my 1 1/2 cups of cabbage at lunch today. I know this WOE works because I've lost 30 lbs so far, but somedays it is such a struggle and I fail to eat all I am supposed to eat.

Any suggestions?

Sabby
I often feel that way too. I don't always meet my veggie requirement, and I sometimes tend to eat too much of one thing in one day (ex. dairy.) It's been working fine though -- just as long as I eat some of everything I'm supposed to, and I continue to lose weight, I count the day as a success. I find that I'm not often hungry on SB.
beachflower721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I always make an effort to get in all the veggie servings. This plan just works best when you do that. After that, if I'm not hungry, I don't feel like I have to eat the other stuff.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i always get my veggies and protein
i tend to be lax on fruit dairy and grains....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

I am like Nessa.. I have no problem with the Veggies and protein but have to remind myself that I need to get in some dairy/fruit/grains. I am going to work on a better menu.. being prepared really helps me
mommamurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #7  
Sabbykay

S/C/G: 254/ 220.8 /140

Height: 5' 5"

I'm so glad I'm not alone.
Veggies can be a struggle sometimes. I mean really... TWO whopping cups of cabbabe! LOL!!!!
I get my 1/2 in the morning with my low sodium veggie juice. But it is more like 1.5 to 1.75 cups at lunch and dinner. I'm working at it though.

As for snacks, I tend to split my 15 almonds and have 7 in the morning and the rest in the afternoon IF I have any at all. It allows me to skip the cheese and use it when I have salads or toping for my refriend beans.

Hugs,
Sabby
Sabbykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 232/299.8/165

Height: 5'7""

Just a thought...since you said you've hit a stall on the weight loss.

Studies have shown that keeping your body fueled every 3-4 hours actually keeps your metabolism up in between meals.

You might want to reduce your cabbage to 1 1/2 cups at the meal time and make sure that you eat a good protein based snack 2-3 times a day in between. Just a TBS of low carb peanut butter, nuts, or low fat cheese will give your metabolism a boost.

I have been trying to eat 1/2 of my veggies, then the protein, then whatever I can of the rest of my veggies. Save the grain and fruit for last. If I am not hungry, then I don't eat them. I figure that is that part that I need the least ...and 1-2 servings a day is enough.

When I first started Phase 1 & 2, I ate 1 cup of veggies at breakfast, 2 cups at lunch & dinner. But now I am satisfied with a little more lean protein and about 1 1/2 cup of the veggies.
DonnaInAL is offline   Reply With Quote