South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

O.K. It sounds like we're all going to Vegas. Sounds great to me.
Pacer Hope your day is a quiet one.
Barb Good luck getting your stuff together for tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.
Gonna Of course you can go to Vegas. Wouldn't be the same without you
Tkglenn I live in the high desert. About 2 hours from the beaches of O.C. an 2 1/2 hours from Vegas. The best of both worlds
History
Have a great day. I'm really going to work ths time.

Last edited by THINBYJUNE; 01-21-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #17  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

thin-we used to live in 29 palms then moved to seal beach (long beach area). we loved it.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 182/177/160

Height: 5'10''

Ruth,
This is the first time that I have replied to a tread. I suppose it is mostly because I have been sitting back and taking in all that great advice. Truthfully, I am not exactly sure how to get around in this forum.....I don't know if I need to start a blog or a journal to get all of the cute tickers and signature to work.
My suggestion for name for your adorable puppy is GORBY. It is always amazing to me how strong a bond we can form with our pets! I have 2 Birman cats and they are like 2 more children to me. I am sure that Hersey will miss you, but maybe some time at a farm will be like a mini vacation for her. You need to have all of your focus on you and recovering. I hope your surgery goes smoothly.
Well, Happy Monday to all the Chicks!!
Adagirl
Old 01-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to the Beach, Adagirl! We're glad you decided to join us in our chats.
You don't have to make a special journal or blog to get a weightloss ticker. Just click under "user cp" on the left at the top of this page, then click on "edit signature" and you'll see instructions on how to make a ticker just for you.

We hope to see you around here a lot!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #20  
Visualizing the Goal

Adagirl! I love your screenname!

Jess, I hope you get your peanut butter cookies made! The last time I made them I had to freeze the entire batch because the time I made them before that, I totally ate all of them before the day was out. Having them in the freezer, I had the self control to only take out two a day.

Tawnya, I will be praying for your husband and your whole family. PTSD is incredibly difficult for everyone involved! Has he talked to anyone?

Linda, have fun making valentines!

Barbara, enjoy your day with Brian today and we will be thinking of you tomorrow with the hearing!

Stephanie, I hope your day is calm. Layer up so you don't shiver too much!

Dawn, hope the payroll goes quickly! I'm sure all of your employees will thank you for getting it done!!! Have fun making vacation plans!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-21-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Yikes! The chit-chat is flying in here today! I'm at work as our county does not take MLK Jr. day off. We take Texas Independence Day off instead. Not something I agree with, but I don't make those decisions.

Ruth: Boy, I can't imagine how hard it's going to be for you without Hershey. I get so lonely when my boys aren't with me for a long weekend! I'm sure you'll heal quickly and that everything will go okay. Then Hershey will be right by your side again. Your new pup is adorable. No suggestions on a name, though. Russian names are not one of my fortes!

Gonna: I'm glad you're back at work! I hope you continue to feel better and NO MORE TESTS!!

Kara: I see a scale brigade forming! It seems we're all dumping our scales this year!! I wonder how that's going to turn out. Have a great time with your friends. How long are they going to be there?

Cottage: I'm glad the fox hunting was canceled. Of course I'm guessing that as much as Cindy loves her fox hunting that she would have gone out in the cold regardless! Have fun making valentines and banana bread!!

Dawn: Oooh, a trip to Vegas sounds fun! Can I tag along? Hope you get that payroll done quickly - I HATE doing payroll.

Stephanie: Thanks for the coffee. I spilled mine on the pavement getting out of the car. Sheesh. What a Monday! Hope you have a great day!

Barb: We'll be sending good thoughts your way today and tomorrow. This can't be easy for you. Enjoy Brian's day off!

tkglenn: Sorry to hear about DH. What a terrible affliction for your family to deal with. I can certainly understand how it would get tiresome for you. I don't know how you do it. I can't live without my coffee in the morning and my hot tea at night. What about just heating up some water and squeezing some lemon into it?

HistoryChick: Ugh, the dreaded wedding photo reduction! Ours took months! I still haven't settled on the album. The parents' albums were no problem, but I'm being so picky about ours!! (BTW, we've been married since 2004!) Good luck with yours! Hope you stay warm and have a good night at work!

Adagirl: I agree with Kara, what a great name! Welcome to the Beach and 3FC! I had a hard time with the forum at first, but I did a lot of browsing around and finally got it! Let us know if you have any questions and have a great day!

Me: Well, not much today. Work (bleh) today and homework tonight. Work is already boring as everyone thinks we're closed, so there's nothing to do. Homework tonight will be, well, BS. We haven't had class yet and the professor has an assignment listed on his online blackboard, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm hoping it will only take an hour or two, but we'll see.

DH is off today, so he's promised to go grocery shopping for me. Awww, what a nice guy. I guess I'd best be off to plan the meals and email him a grocery list. Can you tell I'm a little behind this week? Have a great day everyone!!

~Kim

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 01-21-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

g'morning everyone. It's still a brisk 17 degrees in New Jersey.

Sadly, my job is open today. Trucking companies close for very few holidays. My son's off from school, but my husband isn't working at the moment. He broke his finger at work a week ago and since he's a mechanic, you can't work with a badly broken finger.

And now a fascinating fact from Laughing Cow Light cheese bites - "People who walk on hard dirt instead of pavement will burn 7 percent more calories" It's funny to open you little cheese cubes and get trivia.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #23  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Kara-yeah, he sees a counselor but for the past 2 weeks he hasn't been able to because he's started a new job and is in training. He's been out of a job for 3 months partially because of his PTSD and partially because of the holidays and no one was hiring. Boy was christmas hard for us. When he does see the counselor, he does better but I think because hasn't been able to see the counselor, it has gotten worse. I feel more for the kids than myself. The kids don't know and don't understand it. I tried explaining to my 8 year old and I think he understands alittle but not completely.
Kim-I will try that suggestion about warming up some water with lemon. I will drink water with lemon but didn't think of warming the water up and drinking it that way. I know that lemon reduces stress and helps lose weight. Thanks for the tip. I have a self cleaning oven that takes 3 hours to clean so I have that on and it has warmed up the house nicely.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning chickies!

Ruth I have to say that breed of dog is adorable...I googled them since I've never heard of it before..they are soooo cute! How about Pavel! that name makes me think of the movie Under the Tuscan Sun...the young Polish boys name was Pavel!

I had a pretty good weekend...ate pretty good...sunday wasn't perfect but good none the less... I just woke up not hungry and had slept in so I didn't eat breakfast...that usually means I over eat when I do get hungry...but I didn't! I ate a nutrious lunch and then didn't eat much for dinner...I wasn't very hungry this morning when I got up..but I made my breakfast anyway! and now it's about time for my snack. I feel like I eat all the time! At least I'm starting to feel the effects of eating healthy food!

Well, got a bunch of stuff to get started on...y'all have a good day!!
Tina
Old 01-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon ladies of the East and Good morning to the West side ladies.

I lost the fight with the 13 year old for the computer this morning so this is the first chance I get to get on. No work today and the kids are home so doing the housechore list. Girls have until tomorrow a.m. to get their room cleaned before the trash comes in. The 9 year old does not believe it but dad has had it with the mess sooooo.....I know it will have to only have to happen once! Going to see my parents today with the kids. Have not seen them in 2 weeks so will be good. DS has a family tree to create so he will be keeping grandpa busy most of the day. Dad likes to talk about his family!!!!

Have a question. Went to phase 2 on the 15th. Added wheat(one serving a day,ww tortilla) and carrots(came in the bagged lettuce) gained 4 pounds back when I stepped on the scale this morning. Now the question, do I go back to phase 1 or just change my add ins? I was thinking of dropping the wheat and add oatmeal instead and keep the carrots and add a fruit.

Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Keep warm ladies I still don't know how you all live in the cold.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi chicks, whew, I'm tired. Stephanie, thanks for the coffee, I had to grab it and run, but it sure got me through the morning. I delivered DH to the airport this morning. He should be on the ship by now. On the way home I hit Trader Joe's, the mall to hunt new winter coats for the kids, the grocery store and some other errands. Got home just in time to unpack all the food, take DD to dance class and pick DS up from a party. I thought ahead this AM and had everything ready for a shrimp and cashew stir fry, so finally we are home, fed, and relaxing. I'm about to go make a bowl of yogurt, put on my jammies and poofy socks and watch some TV. just wish it wasn't back to work tomorrow. The kids are off for the next two days and it's never fun trying to work with them underfoot.

cottage sorry I hadn't gotten around to answering the question you asked the other day. A merchant mariner is a professional seaman, non-military. They are licensed by the coast guard and work on the commercial fleet. Although lots of the shipping companies are also DoD contractors, so they can end up working on DoD ships or contracts too. DH has been on cargo ships, oil tankers, emergency response ships, research vessels, military preposition ships, hospital ships, and more...
Closed Thread