South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #1  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Red face Prayer Thread

Hey ladies, I remembered back in the summer we had a nice prayer thread where we could share requests. I have a few and would love to know that these are being lifted up to God!

--I got this e-mail yesterday which is just devestating and heartbreaking:
I am asking you to lift up Todd and Angie. They were given devastating news on Monday that their 20 week old pregnancy is not compatible with life. It's a little girl, Audrey Caroline, and she has multiple problems. She has no bladder, an enlarged heart, and because so little amniotic fluid is in the womb, her lungs are not going to be able to support life. There is also a problem with her joints. Todd and Angie met with their pastor and the elders of their church who prayed with them and they feel at peace right now. The pregnancy will either end in a miscarriage or at 30 weeks when they will induce pregnancy. Please pray because they are looking at a cemetery plot today. They have told the girls, who, of course, have different levels of understanding. I spent the day with them yesterday and Ellie told me that "our baby, Audrey, is going to heaven to be with Jesus. But I want her to come live with us." It was hard not to sob. Angie is going to have to face full-blown labor, no matter when the pregnancy ends.

Please pray for Todd & Angie.

--Also, if you would please pray for me...Adam and I have been trying to have a baby since August, but I am having problems and just found out I have PCOS. I need to lose weight now not only for me but so I will be able to conceive. It is a very emotional thing that I wasn't expecting and I would appreciate any prayers!

Love,
Jessie
JessieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #2  

Yes I will pray!! Thats awful about Angies baby!! I had a baby back in July and I cant imagine. Ill pray for you too. I was diagnosed with pcos too but I was thin and got pregnant easily. You can lose the weight I think the sbd will help with the pcos. Pcos doesnt mean complete fertility.

Can you pray for my husband that he will find a job that he will love going to and in the meantime help him to deal with the job he has now with a positive attitude. Lana
lanagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #3  

I am sorry I meant pcos doesnt mean infertility.
lanagrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/254/180

Height: 5'5"

I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers. I cant think about how horrible as a women that has to be let alone how emotional it is.
I wish you the best of luck in trying to get pregnant. You can do it. I am loosing weight so I can get pregnant too. I have not strated trying yet but my husband is so terrified for me to get pregnant right now. I have HBP and he does not want the possiblity of any other issues harming me or the fetus. I will keep you in my prayers.

I ask that you also pray for my bestfriend Susan's sister who is in a coma after a stoke last sunday. She is only 46 and right now the doctors say she is in grave condition. She is not responding to any stimuli and if she does not improve in the next 7-10 days they have to determine as a family what to do.

God bless each and every one of you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
dlm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My heart and my prayers are going out for all of you.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #6  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

My thoughts and prayers are with my 3FC south beach buddies every day and yes I will add your friends & loved ones.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

My prayers are with you also.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #8  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

I think this thread is a wonderful idea.

Sending out prayers to Todd & Angie. Hearing about their little girl is just heartbreaking and nobody should have to go through something so painful

Prayers for you, Jessie. I didn't have problems getting pregnant, but I had problems staying pregnant, as I suffered two miscarriages before I finally got pregnant with my son. I know it is so painful to want a baby more than anything but struggle to have one.

Lana, prayers for your husband. I have the exact same prayer for mine, so absolutely!

Dim, prayers for Susan's sister. I'm so sorry to hear about her condition.

And my prayer request is this - DH and I are in a long-distance marriage because he is a long distance trucker and I am a SAHM here in FL. We are both looking for jobs, and hope that we both find good opportunities that will bring us back together again! We have been apart since right after I got pregnant, so we just want it to be over.
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #9  

Very sad. I pray that they find peace and that she is safe during the delivery, and that the Lord lifts them up and eases their pain.

Please pray for me, as my dh and I having been trying to have a child for five years. I am doing my part trying to get as healthy as I can, and keep my cycles on track hormonal wise with diet and clean eating. It is the most painful experience I have ever went through. To desire something so strong, the ultimate lifetime gift of pure love and JOY.

I know that Christ knows the desires of our hearts, and they he loves us and wants us to prosper and be happy. He also has a grand plan that we don't always understand...but he is in control, we must do our part and remember to pray without ceasing.

Prayers for ALL of the requests here.
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

You girls know I'm on it. One more month til I can sign the papers. Please pray for me and for soon-to-be-ex-DH, that things go smoothly and we can go on with our lives happily.

God bless all of you!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

I will add all of your prayers to my list...prayer works
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #12  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

Hello all, I will pray for you all as well and have a request of my own. My younger brother's best friend(since they were 4) was recently diagnosed with Leukemia after getting sick and thinking he had the flu. He is only 21 years old, is a wonderful young man, great soccer player and has always been rather healthy. Please pray for him and his family and that he pulls through this. Thank you.
happyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #13  

I will pray for everyone here.

Please pray that Brian is not too scarred by the problems that Robert and I have. Also pray that Robert finds some way to get through this without making it worse on himself and us. I have one hearing next week in municipal court for the Emergency Protective Order and then another the following week in county civil court for the first hearing on the divorce and permanent restraining order etc.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote