South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #16  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! Just wanted to check in before my day gets started. Looks like everyone is gettin back to normal with the daily routines.

Dawn I never knew that about the 12 days - you learn someting new everyday

Gotta get the christmas stuff packed up and put away - kind of glad it's over. Less likely to have cryin spells.

Check back later .....
Old 12-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #17  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

12th night (Epiphany)is a big deal here as it is the start of Mardi Gras Season.

I am firmly back on the beach as of yesterday. I wanted "something" last night and while everyone else finished off the last of the bread pudding and bourbon sauce, I had a HUGE bowl of broccoli and broccoli never tasted so good.

I got my hall bathroom painted yesterday and it really came out good...the color of paprica. I have a bunch of jazz prints on the wall that all had a bit of that color. SPICEY!!!! My husband got the ceiling in our bathroom painted yesterday too...I've been griping for 3 years for him to do it. (My arms are too short to reach the corners or I would have done it myself)
My next project in there is to save some pennys and get a new black sink unit with a vessel sink..but that bathroom is so tiny, I have to find a little mini one!

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-27-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! Just a quick post today as boss-man and I are the only ones here today. (There are usually seven of us - but some are still on vacation and 3 are sick or just - out. Sigh.) I'm going to have a busy day, but it does make things go by faster!

Great news - official weigh-in was this morning for me, since I didn't have a scale and I'm down 2.5 lbs since last Wed!! Can you believe it? I lost over the holiday! Hallelujah!!

Hope everyone has a great day today! ~Kim

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 12-27-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #19  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Cat love the color

Woo! Hoo! Kim thats great onthe loss - keep up the great work
Old 12-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #20  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks.... I am back posting. Have popped in a couple of times to try to post but something usually came up to drag me away. We had a wonderful christmas and the girls were so suprised with their wii, we were the best parents ever this year. We have been visiting with family and had family visiting us, it was a nice time. DH took the girls to their grandma's for a few days and I opted to stay home, I cleaned the house and am trying to catch up on laundry and had a little nap.... a bubble bath sounds like it will be next on the list.

cottage- enjoy your day looking at books, I love the library but seldom get there and when I do I am always late taking the books back.

kara- thanks for the info about the song. I had no idea at all was it was about. Hope you got all your laundry done and had a good snuggle while you were reading. I have only read book one of Harry some day I might get at the rest.

thin- hope you had an easy and quick day at work. Take a bubble bath and relax when you get home.

Ruth- Hope you had a relaxing day at home as well.

femme- your bathroom looks beautiful.

Well must dash dh just got home and brought me a tea.... have a good one.
a big Hello to the rest of you chicks....
Old 12-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #21  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I just had to take minute to chime in on the 12 days. My family is very Italian (off the boat, never met a pasta we didn't like.....). We have always celebrated Little Christmas on Epiphany. My Grandma used to give us little gifts when were kids. I always understood that was the 12th day

From my for what it's worth file

I'll be off to visit the folks tomorrow. Should be interesting - it's the first time my partner is included in the festivities (it only took 9 years). My internet access will be spotty at best but I'll be back Sunday afternoon and needing a fix!

Enjoy days 4 - 6!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:27 PM   #22  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I just found out my sister is PREGNANT!!!!! Yea!!!!! She has a little girl who will be five at the end of this month and she's an awesome mom! That will make three grandchildren from us, two from my next youngest sister, two from Jill now, and then Emily just got married. My poor parents!

Off to fold the laundry and then get my exercise in for the morning.

Kara
Old 12-27-2007, 07:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, Auntie Kara! Your poor parents? I think not, I'd be elated to have more grandchildren on the way! And I bet they are excited, too! The more, the better. I hope she has an easy pregnancy, and all goes well for her.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations Kara Auntie extrodanaire. I agree with Cottage your parents are probably glowing as much as your sister.
Cyndi Good luck with the trip. Have fun and be safe.
Kim You rock.
Femme The color sounds beautiful.
Gonna Just got home and realized tomorrow is the day they pick up the trees. We only get one chance for pick up. The first year I missed it and had a Douglas Fir in the back yard until May. Needless to say, I am undecorating tonight too.
LC Hope you were able to get that bubble bath. Looks like I'll be looking forward to it for one more day.

O.K. So I have another one for the file of "He said What???" I called DF on the way home tonight
Me "What do you want to do tonight?"
Him "I want pizza"
Me " Not what do you want to eat, What do you want to do? Oh never mind, Are you coming over because I have to take the tree down and could use some help"
Him " You put it up by yourself why can't you take it down too?"
I can't put the rest of the conversation on here but I'm sure you can guess how it went. Hope everyone has a great evening.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #25  

Evening gals,

Barb It sounds like things are getting frustrating for you. I will be thinking of you. My DH and I started counseling a week ago. We go for our next appointment next week. I am pretty much an emotional wreck, but trying to keep it together.

Thin I am cracking up! Sorry the cleaning hint didn't work out for you.

Kara I never thought of reading Harry to my kids. I think I underestimate what the girls would comprehend, but my oldest is the same age as your oldest.

Cottage My mom would agree with you on the grandchildren. She currently has 5 granddaughters.

Kim You rock!! How exciting that you lost weight over the holidays.

We didn't get as far as I thought we would today, but what is done is sparkling. Round two tomorrow!!

I am beat today, I think my eating had been poorer than I realized because I am going through major detox. At least I know it won't last more than a few more days.

Okay.... need to get the girls bathed. I promised Abigail a game of Trouble. Then I plan to curl up on the couch and finish my new book.

Last edited by Kiko; 12-27-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Closed Thread