South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #1  

Default Thanksgiving

So we just started South Beach yesterday. Quite ambitious to start before a big holiday! Any tips for 2 phase 1 gals? We want to stay vigilant, but we also want to enjoy a tiny bit of thanksgiving food.

Which would be worst? Mashed potatoes, potato rolls or apple pie? Or are we just setting ourselves up to fail.
audrabolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

There's no reason you can't start and do a few days of Ph1 before Thanksgiving. If you do eat non-Ph1 foods on Thanksgiving though, I would consider doing two solid weeks of Ph1 afterwards, and just consider this week a head start. You really need those two weeks to get you off to a good start. Or you can try to hold to Ph1 through Thanksgiving - just do whatever you think will work for you. You can have the Turkey and veggies. All of those other things you mentioned are about the same as far as causing cravings. Or you can go off a little and try to minimize the bad stuff. I plan to have salmon appetizer on tiny rye toasts, turkey, salad, sauerkraut, sweet potatoes, and veggies, and a sugar free pumpkin custard or apple crisp. All of those things are okay for Ph2. I will not eat the rolls, mashed potatoes, stuffing, or gravy. Good luck to you, whatever you decide!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I wholeheartedly agree with Schmoodle. The sugar in the potatoes, rolls and pie are going to send you into the craving mode, which is what Phase 1 is trying to get rid of. It would be better to do a "phase 2 day" for the day, enjoying mashed or baked sweet potatoes instead of white, and perhaps a sugar-free apple or pumpkin pie on a ww crust, or no crust at all. The next day you can go right back to Phase 1, and maybe extend it a day or so if you are still experiencing cravings.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote