South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: way to high/ 150

Default Easier to follow than WW?

I'm on a search for a plan that I can truly live with and see results. I have tried WW a million times. I don't think it is for me at this point in my life. I think I need a little more structure. I can't know that I can eat anything I want. That just leads to binge icecream eating at midnight. Has anyone here moved from WW to South Beach and had success? Please let me know if the transition was really hard? I have the book but haven't looked at it in a long time. Please help.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I'm currently doing what has been termed "Beach Watchers". I follow the WW At Home points plan, but follow the SBDiet guidelines for what to eat. If you're used to counting points, and don't mind doing it, this might be a good option for you.

My problem with doing SB alone was that I often did not consume enough calories in a day. This was a really bad thing due to meds I'm on.

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 10-04-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #3  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I was doing WW last winter/spring. In 6 months I lost 6 pounds. In the month and 1/2 I've been doing SB I've lost 7.5 pounds. I just feel better on the beach. WW didn't take into account that sugar and processed wheat make me feel blah. I used to use a lot of points for ice cream too. Now I let myself have SF/FF ice cream once a month and that's it.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: way to high/ 150

Thanx so much ladies. I am really ready to commit. Monday morning starts a new life for me. I think I will be able to handle this plan. My only obstacles will be drinking. I'm 25 and most of my social interactions happen around alcohol.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I am a modified Beach Watcher. I pretty much follow Phase 2 and WW at the same time, most of the time, but when it comes time to use my flex points, I treat myself to what I want because otherwise I will binge for a month straight (which these girls have seen me do.) Minus the first 8 lbs I lost on Ph1, the other 29 lbs came off being a Beach Watcher.

Incidentally, I spend my flex points on beer and 1 meal out a week, typically. Not allowed on SBD, but I'm an Irish girl and that's what I drink. I still lost the weight drinking beer.

Good luck!
Closed Thread