South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:18 AM   #1  

Default Weekend on the Beach

I'm up so I might as well start this. I expected to be paged to recycle one environment around 5AM but I didn't expect a different environment to go down unplanned at 4:38AM! Everything in both environments is done and back up now but I don't know if it is worth going back to sleep. I might give it a try and see if I can get some more.

I'm teaching Wolf/Bear Leader specific training this afternoon but I have everything ready. I just need to review my notes and I should be all set.

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Barb! Sorry you had to be up so early on this beautiful Saturday morning. I thought I might be up with the other night owl chickies, since DH is away, and the kids are at my Mom's, and it usually takes me a few days to adjust when DH goes away. But I must have been pretty tired, cause I slept like a rock.
According to weigh-in this morning I have just made my monthly goal! Woo-hoo. Funny how I have been making it by the skin of my teeth each month, but at least I make it! I entered the Christmas Gift Challenge in 110lb-ers forum, and my goal is to be in onederland by Christmas.
DS has horseback riding this morning, and then a birthday party this afternoon. DD has something, but I can't remember what. So, there will be much running around today, I fear. In between I need to get some housecleaning done, then I want to pull out the fall/Halloween decorations and work on those. I also need to do the summer/fall clothing changeover for the kids (which I dread). DS will want to do family movie night tonight, so I hope I can come up with something here and not have to run to the video store. If I have time and motivation left, I want to get in this office and start sorting through the rubble. This is the room I shove everything in when I need to hide it. I think that's enough on the plate for today!

Hope you chicks are enjoying a beautiful Saturday where you are!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

It's the weekend!

Barb: Sorry you had to get up so early! I hope you got some more sleep in!

Schmoodle: I'm glad a good night's sleep in last night. I hope DH made it to his destination safely. WTG on making your September goal! You and I are neck and neck! I challenge to make it to onederland first!

Me: Well I woke up this morning and made the Saturday morning taco run. While there, I ran into DH's boss and his wife. She's getting ready to leave her job, so I offered her my open position at the office. We'll see if she really wants to leave her current job. I know she loves the people she works with.

I'm just waiting for DH to get ready to go. We need worm meds for the dogs, insecticide for the house, groceries and something else. I just forgot what it is. Oh well, I'm sure DH remembers. Other than that, I'm just planning to get the laundry and housecleaning done and then get out the October decor. I think we'll put it all up tomorrow after the Cowboys' game. Yay Cowboys!

Well, , to everyone and I hope you're all having a great Saturday!

~Kim
Old 09-29-2007, 12:02 PM   #4  

Kim,
You're on! Take some pictures after you get the decorations done. I'd love to see!
Old 09-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #5  

Hey girls!

As it always seems when school starts, I have been MIA for weeks on end. The beginning of the school year is always a butt kicking for me. Especially this year trying to get a pretty new team up and rolling.

Barb Busy as always I see! Have popcorn sales started?

Schmoodle Congratulations on making your goal!! You have been so consistent- it is awesome!

Kim Sounds like a busy day for you. We met up with my mom and went for a nice walk, then hit the library. Our last few weekends have been quite busy, so I am looking forward to chilling this one. DH has to work, so it will just be the girls and me.

Eating has been so off plan, but my weight is down a touch. I haven't planned, so have been way off plan. I may actually end the month with a loss, but it won't be because of good, healthy eating.

The girls and I are going to go snuggle up for some book reading and napping.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy Weekend all! Just popping in to say hi to the South Beachers...Glad to hear you are all doing well!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #7  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Hey girls! Before I head off to read (at the all you can eat cafeteria- tons of salad and black coffee for me!), I'm watching CNN's special on America's "Killer Diet". It's sobering how bad things really are. For instance, there are not enough fruits and vegetables in this country for every American to eat their daily 5 servings. Ridiculous! Now it's up to the Twinkies segment and I have to turn off the TV before I throw up :P
Old 09-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #8  

Hi Kiko, good to read you! Enjoy your down time this weekend.
charolastra, I meant to watch that but forgot about it...Enjoy the salad!
Hello Jenne, I just noticed you have the same birthday as my DS. 19 years difference though!
Lots of kids in and out of this house all day. I'm ready to send them all home and have a nice dinner and a quiet evening. I'm going to try to find something Halloweeney for us to watch and pop some corn for the kids. Maybe a good old Harry Potter flick. Dinner is almost ready - garlic lime chicken breasts, summer squash and salad. Smells really good.
A friend called me earlier to tell me that a major online retailer was having a crazy clearance sale, so I did some shopping for next summer - had to totally guess on the sizes, but I couldn't pass up $1.49 Levis shorts and $2.99 capris and skirts. I got some size L tops that should be a safe bet, and a few Ms - maybe a little optimistic... I'm a sucker for a bargain. Well, if I can't wear them, I'll find someone who can! I've got friends of all sizes.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #9  

Schmoodle: The challenge is on! I would've done the same thing you did with the shopping. I'm a sucker for bargains as well and always try to speculate when I'll be able to where them!

Kiko: So nice to "see" you again! I'm sure the past month has been a lot of busy-ness for you, but I'm happy that you may end up with a loss!!

, Jenne!

Allie: That is definitely sobering news...I'll have to check and see if they'll be running it online. Have fun reading!

Me: I just love it when a plan comes together! DH and I got all our running around done this morning, the laundry's done, the house is clean, and my only plans for tomorrow are church, some ironing and the harvest/halloween decorating (easy, fun job). Woohoo! I'll finally have a relaxing Sunday! (I really don't mind ironing - I'll just pop a movie in and do enough clothing to get me through the week.)

We were at the feed store today, which is also one of my favorite places to shop for clothes, and they had the new line of jeans called Aura by Wrangler. I LOVE THESE JEANS! They're so comfy for curvy women and the length and rise options seem endless, so they fit me just right. They're expensive, so I only bought three pair for now. At $40 a pop, that better last me until I go down a size. I think three pair per size will give me enough jeans to get through the week, don't you?

Well, DH is waiting for me on the back porch. We have a pleasant evening of sunset watching and chatting on the agenda! Have a great Saturday evening everyone!

~Kim
Old 09-29-2007, 09:11 PM   #10  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Schmoodle- Which site was it? I'm a sucker for bargains too! :P Though for now I'm looking longingly at the new Old Navy sweater line.

Taking a break from reading now and goofing off online while watching Office Space . I ran into the future leader of the world in the caf and had a nice chat. This guy is seriously amazing and puts all my ambitions and abilities to shame- he's 19 and just came back from a UN conference in Geneva where he met with Kofi Annan. To top that off, this is the 3rd time he's met with the man and Annan remembered him by name. Amazing! Whatever you think to the UN, it's still crazy. And he's so humble about it too! After that, we were invited by a friend to an end of Shabbat ceremony which was gorgeous. He's Hindu and I'm a rather secular Jew so neither of us knew the songs (all in Hebrew), but it's so relaxing and you can catch on if you pay deep enough attention. I love all kinds of religious ceremonies and this one was especially good. Just a few kids who take it upon themselves to get together every week, sit in a circle on the floor with a
Old 09-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #11  

Kiko - Popcorn sales have definitely started! Every spare minute for the last two weeks has been spent selling. Brian is now just over $3300 in sales but he really wants to make $7000. Last year he sold $4000 but he still has almost a month to sell. Many of the houses have already had scouts sell so it is getting a lot harder to sell but we keep trying.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:28 PM   #12  

Barb: WOW! Brian is doing such a great job! I'm sure he'll make his goal! Congrats to him (and you and DH for helpning him)!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:17 AM   #13  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Good Morning fellow beachers!

It looks like everyone was busy Saturday !

It's cloudy here but we might actually see the sun at some point, I'm hopeful!

I'm going to mass, then the grocery for this week's shop and then the gym. I've got a few corners of clutter which need some attention and I'm also going to try a salsa recipe and make my dinners for the week.

I'm a bit nervous about the scales this week as this is my first week in Ph2. Even if I gain, I know I've been on plan. lol, I had a nightmare last night that I had to serve this huge cake at a party and accidently licked my finger when it had icing on it. I was sooo devestated !

Will Power Dust to all!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey hey everyone.

Barb, that is a lot of popcorn! I don't think I ever made that much when I was young!

As for me, bronchitis is not fun. But because of it, I might hit my goal for September, lol. We'll see when I weigh in tomorrow. I was one pound away last time I checked so I'm hoping! Sadly I'm prone to bronchitis (anytime I get sick, it moves to my chest and becomes bronchitis). But on the good side, the clinic on base here knows who I am and what I'm looking for each time I stop by so it'll be a short trip, hehe.
I'm getting set to cut my hair. It's less than two inches from the waist of my pants and is becoming a bother. So I'm going to cut a foot off and donate it, then do a new style. I'm pretty excited for that; I haven't had my hair done in over a year!

Last edited by MarinePrincess; 09-30-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #15  

Bonjour chickies!
Today is more of the same, laundry, house-decorating, sorting through fall clothes. The kids spent most of the day yesterday running around the neighborhood shrieking and spraying each other with water guns. Last night DD started complaining about her throat and stomach and definitely had that "getting sick" look about her. She slept okay though, so I hope it was just tired and raw throat. I'm going out of town this week, and DH is away, and I hate to dump a sick kid on my mother (again). Oh well, can't be helped.
MarinePrincess, I'm sure somebody will look gorgeous in your hair! And you will look fabulous in your new style. It's a win-win definitely.
Jenny, SBD dreams are funny I've had a few myself. And I actually have licked the frosting without thinking, but it wasn't the end of the world. No lightning bolts from the SB gods. Hope you get some sun!
Closed Thread