South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chat

It's Friday!

I enjoy my job as a nanny, but there's just something special about Fridays and the weekend looming ahead. Monica and the girls are coming out later today to stay overnight, and we're going to go shopping at the outlet malls tomorrow. That means lunch and probably supper out, but I'm determined to stay on track! On Sunday, I'm planning on a trip to Trader Joe's, and maybe looking in some furniture stores. I'm still searching for the the right livingroom suite. My cold/allergy seems much better today, thank goodness.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Cottage. Enjoy your weekend. One of these days, I'll get into a Trader Joe's! There are none in Canada that I know of.

Lots to do this morning as my friend Shirleyanne is arriving for lunch and the weekend. She is bringing her dog Bella as company for Hershey on this girl's weekend. We plan to do some quilting, do an art show tour along the St.Lawrence and spend a lot of time talking. We've been friends for fifty years but still have lots to talk about. It'll be a good weekend after a rather rough week.

After yesterdays soaker, it looks as if today will be a glorious fall day. The leaves seem to be turning a bit earlier than usual - maybe from lack of rain?

Hershey is shoving me with her nose which means it's potty time so I'm outta here. She's getting pretty demanding - I think she may like being an "only".

What's happening with you today?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #3  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning chickies...

It is the end of a long week for me! This weekend I am looking forward to going out with some friends tonight (playing our usual round of board games), working in the yard tomorrow, concert tomorrow night, and probably working more in the yard on sunday.

completed my first week phase2, but i didnt lose any weight! i didnt gain, but i didnt lose any...

am i "stalling" or something??
Old 09-28-2007, 08:14 AM   #4  

Morning, ladies. I was up early when the pager went off and just got the system up in time to shower and wake Brian for school. He's watching TV now before school. The staff meeting last night went really well. We have a lot of fun plans for the cub day at Camp Wisdom for the district on Oct. 6th. I just need to pick up a pirate costume. I've got lots of fun activities planned. My food choices at the restaurant last night were not so great and I need to drink lots of water today to flush out all that salt. Back on plan today.

Tomorrow I am teaching Wolf/Bear Leader specific training so I need to get all my stuff ready today and review my material. I'm working tonight too but it is 6 hours of downtime so I'll have them page me around 5AM Saturday rather than staying up.

cottage - I'm glad you are feeling better. I love outlet shopping but I so seldom do it.

Ruth - Sounds like you have some fun things planned. Our leaves don't turn for awhile yet. It's still almost 90 degrees on most days.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks,
What could be better than a Friday morning, a cup of coffee that DH made and brought me, and getting to work at home today? DH got a call while I was out last night, and may need to fly out to a ship today for a few-week stint. It's all good, he's getting antsy to get back to work, and we could use the cash. Unfortunately, I've got two business trips in the next three weeks. Oh well, time to call the parents for some backup. Fortunately they are back from their vacation.

cottage, sounds like you've got a fun, girly weekend planned! Hope you find some great deals!
And you too, Ruth! Friends like that are so precious. I've got a BFF that I've been friends with for 30 years (since middle school), and we can still find something to talk about every day. After family, she's the first one I call when something good or bad happens. You two will have such a nice time, I'm sure, even if you do nothing.

Even the gloomy sky can't bring me down this morning, and I think the weather is supposed to turn gorgeous later. Time to walk the kiddies - I'll be back to check in later, I'm sure.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:20 AM   #6  

Oh, missed you guys, simulposting!

Barb, oooh, you're going to be a pirate for Halloween? I've got to start thinking about costumes. We usually go all out here. My favorite holiday, you know... Just got to figure out how to stay away from the candy this year.

sandstriped
, don't panic, sometimes it takes a little time to adjust to Ph2. Just don't add too much too fast. If it's your first week, you should have only added a thing or two. Your scale will catch up to you...
Board game night sounds so fun! I am really in the mood to play this weekend...
Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning,

wow it's Friday! Where did Thursday go. Glad to see the weekend though. The kids have 2 birthday parties this weekend so that is our big doings. Our weather is finally nice enough to be outside again so I am going to try to get the kids out doing something.

I got a load of clothes done and my morning outing with the motivator(dog) so I guess it is about time to get the kids dragging out of bed. Have a great day and safe weekend.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

It's finally friday! I got home lastnight and my 16 year old daughter had gone to the store, had supper in the oven and dishes done! 100% not what I should have ate but how could I refuse or even mention I shouldn't be eating it??? One meal is not worth hurting her feelings over in my own personal opinion!

Got a text message from my son this morning at 7am, seems we have lost yet another young man to a car accident in our community.

Cottage I hear Trader Joes brought up so often, sure wish we had one around here!

Ruth Have a great weekend with your friend, I can not think of a better way to spend it!

Barb I am with you on drinking lots of water today. It's always nice to come here and know we are not alone!

Schmoodle & Phx Hope you both have a great friday!

Boss is pretty grumpy today, think I will just put my head down and try to stay to myself today! Will Power Dust to all!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #9  
cute little kitty fangs

Schmoodle - thanks for the re-assurance. I just added about 6, 7 strawberries in each day and tried to eat them at the same time every day. I think I am going to stick to the berries until I start losing again. And maybe I will up the water intake...

Cottage - I LOVE trader joe's. they have so many yummy things.goddess dressing, chicken breakfast sausage, buffalo burgers, parnsnip chips. what do you like at TJ?

Ruth - I love "girl-time" weekends - they can be so relaxing especially after a emotional week. and im jealous of your fall weather.

Barb - i am definitely with you on the water - i am hoping upping my water intake will help with my stalled weight loss.

phxsun - hope you have a good weekend with all of those birthday parties...

pacer - i hope your boss behaves himself today!!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

TGIF, girls! And I couldn't be happier! (I so love the chubby dancer smiley!)

Cottage: What a wonderful weekend you have planned. Are the outlets busy? I remember the one back home used to be RIDICULOUS!

Ruth: What a blessing Shirleyanne (and her furbaby) must be to you! I have a feeling my best friend Candice and I will be the same, friends for years, but always having things to talk and laugh about. You and Hershey enjoy your company!

Sand: I agree with Schmoodle! Stick with it and you'll get over the transitional "plateau" in no time!

Barb: Is the pirate costume the theme or just your costume of choice? I'm hoping we dress up at the office this year ~ it really is a lot of fun!

Schmoodle: Do your parents live close? That's great if they do and can take care of things while you're gone. Have a great day!

Phx: It's awesome that you have a morning motivator! My motivator usually can't make the walk and has to be carried back. I guess it's a better workout, though! I hope you have a great day!

Pacer: What a sad text message to get. Prayers going up to the family and friends of the young man. You've got an awesome daughter! I would have eaten it as well, and happily!

Me: I had a late night last night getting Avon taken care of. It's making us great extra money, but it does take me forever on Thursdays! I went to bed at midnight, but it was a good sleep.

I received a package from my mom this morning. I really think she's under the assumption that we're still poor college students! She sent us 6 boxes of Boo Berry cereal (DH's favorite), a ton of ramen noodles, a blanket, some candy, and a dvd. Come to think of it, I don't know if we got packages this nice while we were actually in college. Also, my little sister sent me a Halloween monster that sings and dances to that Muppet song "Mahn-nahm- ma-nah." (You know, the one from the Diet Dr Pepper commercials.) It's too cute and is sitting on my desk as I type. What a fun Friday!

Hope everyone's day looks as bright as mine does! Here's some if you need it and a just in case you need that, too!

~Kim
Old 09-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #11  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

yea for friday!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cottage, sounds like a fun weekend! I love furniture shopping--be sure to bounce on all the couch cushions to make sure they're comfy! Glad you're feeling better!

Ruth, glad you and Hersh are adjusting. I'm so thrilled for you that your friend is visiting--you'll have so much fun and great weather to enjoy each other's company! I love that Hershey and Bella get some girls' time too! Adorable! The trees seem to be changing early here too--I'm not sure why?

SandStriped, sounds like a fun weekend. What concert are you going to? As to the weight--are you having cravings? Before assuming you're stalling, you might want to work on what you've added in for Phase 2. You may have added in a little too much, or possibly not enough! You'll find some great information at the "What's Your P2 Combo?" thread in the FAQ.

Sounds like you're a busy bee, Barb! It's so great that you volunteer so much of your time and talent, hon!

What a great Friday, Schmoodle! Enjoy it! As for Halloween--DH and I have handed out non-candy things for the last four years. We've done good food like microwave popcorn and packages of nuts, but this year we're doing all toys--small containers of Play-dough and toys from Oriental Trading Company. Should be fun! That way, there's no candy around to tempt us, and I feel good knowing that I'm not contributing to any growing sugar addictions (and giving much healthier options to the poorer kids that visit--I don't think they have a lot in the way of healthy food in their lives, sadly. ).

Hey, Phx, glad you have nice weather again! We've had major (but short-lived) storms here for the last two days. I'm looking forward to a storm-free weekend!

Wow, Pacer, what a wonderful daughter!

Me:
The local Christian radio station turned 50 this year and are having a bunch of concerts with extremely inexpensive ticket costs to celebrate. DH and I have tickets to a concert tonight with Denver and the Mile High Orchestra (great Big Band music) and also for a concert tomorrow with Scott Krippayne and Go Fish, who are awesome musicians! I'm really looking forward to it, though it'll be a long drive, as the radio station is over an hour away.

My dear friend's wedding is this Saturday afternoon, too. She's going to be such a gorgeous bride! She's been SO stressed these last few weeks trying to get everything put together and I'm really looking forward to seeing her enjoy the rewards of all that work! Plus, her reception is in a gorgeous place overlooking our valley and hills with all the trees starting to change color--I think it'll be so much fun! She filled me in on all the food choices--thankfully it's a buffet and I think I'll be fine as long as I can stay away from the mashed potato bar (complete with tons of toppings!) and the chocolate fountain (four tiers!).

Hope everyone has a great weekend and gets lots of time with family to relax and enjoy the last warm days of the season!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Kim and dcapulet! I love that phrase Schmoodle used: simulposting!

Kim, your monster sounds adorable! I loved the Muppet Show and that's one of my favorite songs! My friends and I in college used to sing it while walking back to the dorms from the caf.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #14  
cute little kitty fangs

Hey Laurie,

I have only eaten about 7 strawberries every day in addition with some low fat cheddar cheese. is that too much?

No carb cravings at all which is awesome! I have sit through alot of things that dont even phase me...
Old 09-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #15  

Well you guys are my lunchtime entertainment, what do you think of that? I'm eating early here in front of my computer, because I want to use my lunch hour to run some errands. Leftover taco bake and marinated veggies, mmm....
So, I just got myself into something. Every year a bunch of friends from where I used to live (about 90 mins. away) come up here to go to a HUGE fall crafts festival. We spend the day there, go out to dinner, and then usually some or all of the group go to a vacation property not far from here, and make a night of it. This year, the property may not be available, and, since DH will be away, I offered my house for the "sleepover." It is so fun, I really look forward to it, and it's usually the only time I see them all year. I just took a look around here though, and realized what a wreck this place is. Sounds like time for a list and a game plan, eh? Well, there's no better motivation than looking at your home through "company's coming eyes."
Laurie, non-candy treats are a great idea! Thanks! I hope your friend can relax enough to enjoy the day. I think big weddings can be so stressful that the couple doesn't get any joy out of it. I love to go to them, though.
pacer, what a good girl! I would have fainted if my oldest DD did that. Of course she would have burned the kitchen down at the same time, because her non-cooking skills are legendary, despite my best efforts.

Hey there, dcapulet and sunflower!

DH just got his itinerary, and it looks like I'll be spending the afternoon running him to the airport, instead of going to SIL's for pizza night with the kids. Just as well, I haven't got the stuff I need to do healthy pizza for me.
Closed Thread