South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Thoughts

I'm hoping I can get to bed soon. We had emergency downtime tonight and they are hoping to have the application up in a few minutes. Then I can do a quick recycle and get to bed. I need to get up in 5 hours. Good thing I had already decided to work from home tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:15 AM   #2  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

I hope you can get to bed soon too!

I was feeling out of my element so I went to bed around 7 and woke up at 1:30 to work on a paper. So now I'm just drinking some tea and getting to work coming up with an opinion for something I have no opinion on. Anyone want to give me their opinion of afrocentristic interpretations of history?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Whew! Lots of night owls out tonight!

Barb: I hope you're in bed in no time! Sleep well (for 5 hours, sheesh)!

Allie: Yeah, I'm gonna pass on offering an opinion on that one! Have a good night!

Me: I can't believe it's almost 2 and I'm still awake! Lots of bumps and squeeks tonight and I just can't seem to get to sleep. At least tomorrow's a late day. I don't have to be at the doc's for bloodwork until 9, so that's an extra half hour of sleep. (If I ever get to sleep). Then work should just be stuffing envelopes for tax statements - no thinking required! I'm just going to plan on going to the grocery store after work and then coming home and sleeping -- I'm going to need it! Good night!

~Kim
Old 09-25-2007, 04:17 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aren't we silly! I was awake at 2 - must have been the click click of keys. I finally got up. Hershey is somewhat befuddled, has had breakfast and is now back asleep on the couch.

Yesterday was a difficult day for me but all the good thoughts from you Chicks helped make it better.

This morning I am off to town for my quilting lesson at 9:30. Before then I plan to finally get to the bottom of Mount Laundry. It seems like ages since I've scaled it - good thing I have lots of undies! After the class, I'll whiz into the big grocery store as I'm out of Laughing Cow! I still have lots of veggies from my garden but that will end soon as we usually get a killing frost by October.

Later today Hershey and I will do pet therapy at the nursing home. This time I hope I remember to turn the oven ON when I set it to cook my dinner - meatloaf tonight with a big salad!

Time for a pepper and egg omelet and some V8. I hope everyone has a lovely day and that the Early Chicks get some sleep.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning all, I've got my coffee in hand and am ready to join you chirping chicks. I actually slept pretty good last night, but I had an exhausting day, too. The girls had dentist appts, piano lessons and a playdate to co-ordinate after school, and I put almost 100 miles on my car running them around! Today is promising to be a much calmer day, and I only have to work from 12 - 5, so I'll get a little breathing space.

Barb, I hope you were able to get some good sleep, and have a restful day working from home today.

Charol, sorry, no help here. I don't even know what you're talking about! Good luck!

Kim, I hope you are sleeping right now, too. At least it sounds like you'll have an easy day today.

Ruth,
Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Wow, what a lot of wakeful chicks! I was pretty tired and slept like a log through all that clucking. Hope you all were able to get some shut-eye eventually.
Charolastra - Um, I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole. I love it when I can make myself get up extra early to get some work done. My brain seems extra clear and I can get so much done in just a few hours. Can't do it every night unfortunately because I pay for it later!
Ruth, poor Hershey must be sad and confused today.
Kim, and Cottage, have a good one.
Barb, which SB cookbook is the pork and pepper salad recipe in? I have pork and peppers for dinner tonight and I thought of your recipe, but can't find it in either of my SB cookbooks. Did you ever post it in the forum?
Well, I'd better go and help DH push the kids out the door. Going to get my walk in and then get down to work. I am totally buried under so much work right now that I can't even stress about it.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Well good morning ladies!

Barb Hope you got some rest!

Allie My motto has always been "if you can't convince them confuse them!"

Kim Hope your day goes smooth and you get some rest!

Ruth to you and Hershey! Nuff said!

Cottage So busy! How do you keep up?

Schmoodle Hope you have a good productive day!

Me 4 days left in the month! Then I start all over again! Closing the loan for the dealer that yelled at me friday today, he says he won't use us again which is no skin off my nose as they don't send us much anyway and I don't think they do quality work. Lots of stuff to do today, pouring a cup of joe and getting to it. Have a great day and Will Power Dust to all!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning, it is true you are early risers on this board and I am 2 hours behind you!!! Woke up with a head cold so I didn't go for my morning walk so I decided to join in. Everyone is already so busy. Just a normal Tuesday planned hopefully to bed early tonight to knock out the cold. Have a great day.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #9  

Schmoodle - It's in the original cookbook. Page 124 Pork and Pepper Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. Let me know if you have that cookbook. If not I'll try to find time to post it today since I'm working from home.

I actually did worse on sleep that I thought I would. I got to bed about 1:30 AM so I hoped to sleep until 6 but I got paged for an outage at 3:38 and didn't get back to bed until almost 4. Then we had another outage around 7AM while I was eating breakfast. I am so glad I had already planned to work from home because there is no way I would have made it in to the office anyway. I've got a troubleshooting meeting to go to in a half hour.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #10  

Barb, if you have time, I would really appreciate it if you would post the recipe. I don't have that SB cookbook, and I think I probably have everything I need to make it - at least I have pork, peppers and balsamic vinegar. I would love to try it.
phxsunflower, feel better soon.
Pacer, dealing with cranky people stinks. I used to work in the mortgage department at a bank and there were lots of cranky people, it's a very stressful industry.

I added a couple of times around the track at school to my morning walk today, until the 5th grade PE class came out and kicked me off. Actually I left really quick because my DS was in the class and I'm not sure how cool it is to find your Mom outside unexpectedly. Glad I got out for a bit because it is a glorious day.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200?/191.5?/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everybody ... First time posting here on the "dailies"....

Ruth sorry to hear of your loss

Hope everyone has a wonderful day,
Laura

Last edited by beachgirl9507; 09-25-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #12  

schmoodle - I've posted it in the phase 1 Entrees. As soon as a moderator approves it, it should show up. It is a really flexible recipe so if you don't have something you can probably still make the recipe.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:59 AM   #13  

Thank you Barb! I'm really looking forward to dinner tonight.
Laura, happy to see you here. Are you still on Ph1 or have you started Ph2? How is it going?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
I'm under the gun at work!!! ARG!
Barb I'm definitely going to check out that recipe!!
Schmoodle: that's great about the track. . .It's funny with kids (I don't have any mind you) up to age 8 they just want the whole world to see you and then you don't exist for a few years. . .then they want the whole world to see you again!
Pacer enjoy your coffee and the day!
Cottage! I hope they pay for mileage! You're such an awesome person! Those girls are lucky to have you
Ruth HAve a good day. . take pics of your work from Quilting!! That's something I'm intimidated to do! Give HErshey a good scratch from us!
Kim I want the sleep fairy to come and grant us all a solid 8 hours!! Then I would be dangerous!
Allie: The only thing I can think of is to use Conflict Theory as part of your interpretation moreso than something Like functionalist which i can't see working with an Afrocentric Interp. I miss School! Hope it's going well!!!

Me I'm having a bad fibro day but I don't want to give in to the sugar monster!!! I wen tto the store last night and got some good snacks. The lazy girl in me opted for baby carrots over celery b/c I didn't want to chop! but I have the fiber cottage cheese some HB eggs string cheese and at least for today LEntil soup anybody need some protien?
I'm trying to get some scooter stuff taken care of b/c we have to go to the city on Thursday and I need it to be fully functional either that or be trapped in an old fashioned wheelchair that I HATE. . .I'm not a fan of being pushed around with the scootre i can do my own thing while dh does his.
*fingerscrossed* it works out
Back to work!
Kier
Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I'm baaaack!

Thanks for all of the good-sleep wishes! They must have worked as I was able to fall asleep almost as soon as I logged off last night.

Ruth: Sounds like a jam-packed day for you and Hershey. I'm sure it will take some time for her to get used to Lucy being gone, but she's got you and her pet therapy rounds to keep her busy. Have a great time quilting. That's a skill I wish I could learn, but it's so expensive!

Cottage: I hope you've got your feet up with a cup of tea relaxing until 12! Sounds like yesterday was a crazy one for you!

Schmoodle: I envy you and your sleep. We sure were clucking! Hope we didn't keep anyone else up -- you must be a heavy sleeper.

Pacer: I would be all too glad to get rid of that guy. What a loser! Thank goodness you can move on and away from him!

Phx: Oh, get better soon! You poor thing!

Barb: That sounds like an awful night. Thank goodness you're working from home. Hope you can sneak a nap in!

Laura: Welcome to the daily chat! These SB chicks are the best! Have a great day!

Me: Well, I finally fell asleep around 2:30 am, and it was a deep sleep! I woke up to the alarm at 6, rolled over and went back to sleep until 7:45. Then I had to rush to get to the doc's office by 8:30 for blood work, with no breakfast! The office was swamped, so I ended up getting out of there around 9:45. I also got a "talking to" from the nurse, but it turned out okay. Since being there on Aug 7, I've lost 11 lbs, so they were happy with that. I'm working on some oatmeal as we speak.

I realized yesterday that I need to install an eBay blocker for myself. I think that once I hit my monthly "yarn budget" limit, I'm going to have to disable the internet to keep away. There's just SO much lovely yarn there! Oh well, I'll just tell DH I have an addiction and let him control my at-home internet time. I know how that's going to go! I'll just have to wait until the Cowboys play and then shop away! Unfortunately, I could spend the mortgage payment during a game and he'd be none the wiser. Men and their teams. Guess I'll have to control it myself!

Have a great day, chicks!

~Kim
Closed Thread