South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 07:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend on the Beach 9/15-9/16

Rainy Saturday morning here. It's a good day to go shopping, I think. I have a 20% off coupon from Carter's that I have to use by the end of the month, so I may pick up some outfits for the grandkids to put away for Christmas. Since Jake quit smoking, I want to get a new livingroom suite, too, so I want to start looking around.

How's your weekend shaping up?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just a quick check-in before I tackle the last picture board for the Church. It's stopped raining here and the radar shows no more on the way! I will go over to the Church around nine with Lucy to do my first shift. We are taking turns at being the tour guide, each of us with our dog. Our Church is from 1811 but is also famous for having dogs in Church every Sunday so the pooches have to work too. This event runs all day but is just today, thank God!

Tomorrow is the Terry Fox Run/Walk and I'm doing registration. (It's for cancer research.) Hershey is doing it with friend John and has more sponsors than he has! Lucy was to do it with Rob but had to opt out for health reasons. She will be with me to help with the registration. There she goes with dog talk again!

Gotta get cracking. I hope your weekend is shaping up to be a fun one!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:40 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning!
Cottage: Maybe you will catch a sale along with that coupon. Seems like everything is on sale here!
Ruth: I hope you and sweet Lucy enjoy your day. Sounds very busy. I would love to see pictures of your church. I just love old churches...love the way they smell too!

Me: kind of a busy day. Need to get some work done, then clean the house and laundry and grocery store. Tonight we are going out with 2 other couples for dinner at a great place called "Taste of Bavaria". It is a cottage tucked out in the country. The problem is that it is German food. It is also a bakery. So I may eat a little before I leave and just have a small dinner salad if they don't have "big salads" there. Something tells me grilled fish won't be an option. But that's ok..there for the company and not the food.

Yesterday afternoon, we drove to a town close by because Belk's was having a sale. I wanted to see if I could pick up a dress for tonight's outing. I didn't see any I really liked, but decided to try on a pair of size 10 pants for the hellofit. Well, they fit..a little tight, but not way too tight. I really didn't like the pants (low rise), but it felt good anyway even if I left the store empty handed. So maybe I'll make my goal by Christmas or New Years. It would be nice, but will take it as it comes. We did find 4 shirts for my husband though for $8 each. He has a thing for "tropical" shirts, so next summer he'll have a nice new selection.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-15-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #4  
-

Oh, I forgot something. Ruth, you will appreciate this.

We have a maltese named "Stitch". He had belonged to the parents of a friend of my daughter's. He was around 8 months old when Katrina hit. They lost their house and were living with relatives till their house could be rebuilt. My daughter adored him, so they asked if she could keep him till they got resettled. They ended up in a fema trailer outside their house and it looked like it would be a long time till the house would be ready. So several months later they asked if she wanted to keep him permanately. She had just moved into a new apt, so she gave him to me. I just love him so of course I said yes.

When he was a little over a year old, he started to develop allergies. Constant scratching and biting creating sores etc. We have been to 3 vets and have had tons of bills. It seems to get better, then the cycle starts over again. It seems that the main thing he has an allergy to is fleas. They don't have to even bite him...just hop on him and he is tearing himself to bits. I am very picky about fleas...with 4 dogs I have to be. We do the stuff on their backs, we treat the yard etc. But I guess every now and then one sneaks in. He is also allergic to grass and seems to know this cause he doesn't go near it.

Yesterday, my husband brought him back to the vet. He can get steroid shots every now and then that seem to help. He also got new spray, pills etc. And she said we can give him kids benedryl 3 times a day. She also said that she would strongly suggest SHAVING him to see if helps get the medicine on each spot he has. Of all the dogs that need to be shaved he's not a great choice...he is very "vain" when it comes to his appearance. He absolutely LOVES getting a bath and being blow dried and being brushed..then he prances all around the house like he's saying "look at me!".

It broke my heart to do it, but I got out the clippers last night and shaved him down to his skin. I swear he looks like a pink deranged spotty lion. I left the hair on his head and tail because he has no "itches" there. I feel so sorry for him. He was so good about holding still for the clipping but I know he's not a happy boy about it.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-19-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #5  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy weekend beachers!

Just doing a fly by while I try to wake up enough to head to the gym. I wish the gym was closer to my house, but it's a free membership, so it's worth the drive into Pensacola on the weekends.

Ruth- Talk dog all you want, I drive people at work crazy with Tia Bella stories. In my case it's the pitfalls of being childless. If I have to hear antedotes from their child's toddler years, they can listen about my dog.

Cottage - I love Carter's. I do a lot of shopping their for my cousins kids.

Cat- That dinner sounds good. Congrats on the size 10s. You get extra respect points for being brave enough to try on low rise, that cut is just EVIL.

Added: Poor Stitch, he's going to need a sweater!

Last edited by dixied; 09-15-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning chicks,
Starting the weekend off on a positive note with a 3lb loss at weigh-in! Gotta love those post-TOM weigh ins! I had upped my calories and wasn't sure if I had a shot at making my September goal, but now I'm more than halfway there.
It's stopped raining here too and it's sunny but pretty cool. DH and I are taking the kids to 6 Flags today for my company picnic, but I think it'll be too cool for the water park. That's okay, plenty of other stuff to do.
Happy shopping cottage. Yesterday I stopped in Sears to pick up a water filter and got waylaid by the clearance racks in the Women's Dept. I only have 2 pairs of work pants left, and the ones I wore yesterday kept slipping down. I've been a 1x/20 for a long time, so I headed straight to those sizes and realized they were too big (duh!). So I went to Misses and tried on an XL - too big! I tried a L and it was just right!!! I do think Sears sizes are cut bigger than other places though, but it was fun to be in a regular size. I ended up with a cute top, but no pants. I took a good look at myself in the dressing room though and realized I looked ridiculous with my baggy pants and saggy boobs - I need new bras desperately. So I think a shopping trip is in my future too!
Ruth, don't stop talking about the doggies! I like to hear how Lucy's doing. Even though I am not generally a dog person, I feel very attached to Lucy!
Cat, congrats on the 10's. Hope you can stay away from the dumplings tonight! I'm sure I couldn't...
Morning dixie, have a great workout!
Well, I still need to shower, eat, and pack up supplies for the day, so better get going. Have a good one chicks!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:43 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Brrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate cold weather! (Especially when I don't have a coat with me or any winter clothes that fit me....) 36 degrees? It's not December! Geeeeez.

Ok that's all the negativity I have for the day. Hope you girls are having a good one. I have to get ready to go to work today. Then I have tomorrow off and hopefully the dogglettes will let me SLEEP. Sophie got me up around 6 and I tried to go back to sleep until 7:17. She's just so itchy so she licks, scratches, stomps and scoots around trying to reach. Poor girl. But poor me too! I'm sleepy.

Maybe we can start a new 7 Dwarves. Itchy, Sleepy..... Dopey. (awww Oscar isn't dopey.) Hungry. There. We got it started. Have a good one girls!

Lisa
Old 09-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #8  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Morning Ladies...well it's afternoon here, lol!

Morning my fellow beach buddies! I'm on day 5 of phase one and am finding myself very moody. Day 3 and 4 I felt very sluggish and headaches O-RAMA but I figured this was withdrawal from my coffee addiction lol Taking a wee break from housework to chat...I'm going to give the taco bake a try tonight. I think someone said it's ok to freeze as dh has left the beach to go back to scotch pie city.

Cottage: Have fun shopping, I've started some of my Christmas shopping early...it's the only way to stay organised for me since I have to ship internationally.
Ruth: I was acutually going to ask you about Lucy...type away! funny enough they are having an open building weekend here in Glasgow. I was thinking about volunteering at the Cathedral and I might just if I'm not too busy tomorrow.
Femme: Congrats on your tens!!! Your poor wee doggy. I hope he doesn't catch a cold.
Dixie: Have fun at the gym.
Schmoodle: Congrats on being more than halfway there! It must be a great feeling.
Weezle: It's quite chilly here as well. But then we never really had a summer this year in Scotland. It never reached above 70! ~sigh
Old 09-15-2007, 09:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ladies,
Just popped in while waiting for the kids to get their acts together.

Weezle, I'll be Saggy or Baggy. I could be Hungry too!
ElusiveKoolAid, you'll love the Taco Bake! Enjoy! I usually have my Christmas Shopping done early too, most of it is internet shopping now. This year I feel like I'm woefully behind. Oh well, the nieces and nephews always love cash, I just feel like a cop-out when I hand it out.

Okay, we're out the door now.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-15-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #10  
-

Jenny, you'll love the taco bake..it is really yummy and satisfying.
I could not switch to decaf...just couldn't. That's just treason around here. I have a couple of cups of coffee+chicory in the morning and then an iced coffee in the afternoon as a pick me up snack. I would have to kill someone if I didn't. There are things that are hard to give up...like sweets, but coffee..no way could I do that! You are a stronger man than I, gunga din!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Schmoodle, I seriously about lost it here at work. That's hysterical!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #12  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning fellow beachers.

Ruth: We enjoy hearing about the doggies, and, I agree with dixie that if we have to listen to toddler stories then they have to listen to our baby stories. Hope you enjoy doing the tours today.

Cat and Schmoodle: on those pant sizes. I have a ways to go before I see a L or 10. I will get there though.

Weezle: It is good to hear you doing so well. Even if you can't sleep in with the wigglebug.

Cottage: Happy shopping.

Dixie: Have a good gym workout.

Elusive: They are right the Taco Bake is really good. There are so many good recipes on the boards. Sorry your dh left the beach but glad you are staying.

Day 6 for me. The other day I would have eaten the top off the table to get to a bread crumb. Feeling much calmer today. I can also feel my energy increasing. I want to try the fried radishes with something for dinner tomorrow. Working all day today so will eat salad, vegies, and meat at the restaurant. My dh made a curried beef and vegi for me yesterday, it was so good. Still no word from the mall if they are approving the buyers for our establishment, put dh is a foul mood and I would like to know so I can give the hospital an answer if they offer me the job I interviewed for on Wed. Well off to work, everyone have a wonderful day.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #13  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! My first week back at the beach was a good one...onto the 2nd week for me.

We got a whopping 2 inches of rain last night but the weather has turned cooler which allow us to finish getting the house ready to put on the market.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #14  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Just checking back in to report a NSV - my favorite capris from 2 summers ago now fit again, if still a tad bit snug. Just 2 monthes ago I couldn't even pull them on. Woo-hoo! DH says he can really tell I'm loosing inches, if not the pounds. Also today I stood naked in front of the full length mirror (well actually the curio cabinets, I refuse to put up a full length mirror until I loose so more) and I can't see any actual rolls anymore. Lots of jiggle, but no actual rolls!
Old 09-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #15  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

So, I'm back early from my camping extravaganza. It was SO COLD last night plus it was POURING all night. Luckily the tent stayed water tight but that didn't change that it was probably right above freezing! Even though tonight was supposed to be nicer, we all decided that we needed sleep after last night's frozen sleeplessness! There was deep standing water on 3 sides of the tent when we woke up because of all the rain!

On the good side, we made it more than halfway up the mountain. However, the trail is all rock and not only that, it's very eroded. We finally got to some sheer rock faces and not only were we in a cloud (so no view at the top), but the rocks were really slick and I was concerned about re-hurting my ankle. No regrets though... We made it about more than a mile up and it was seriously straight up 85% of the time with no truly "flat" stretches. My goal now is to be able to make it all the way up in the Spring- on a dry day!
Closed Thread