South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:44 AM   #1  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Default Monday Chick Chat

How is it that I'm first? I guess it's cause I got up at 4am after sleeping all day yesterday. I'll put the coffee on for the rest of you.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Dixie! The coffee's perfect!

Good morning on this glorious golden day! I love this time of year, but am definitely not looking forward to the long cold winter ahead.

We got the pool all closed up yesterday, and took the air conditioners out of the windows. So today I'm washing windows and already have the washing machine chugging with a load of curtains. The one job I hate is cleaning the mini-blinds, but it has to be done. At least I'll have the satisfaction that everything is fresh and clean when it's done.

No Curves for me this morning, I'll be getting plenty of exercise here at home today! First things first, though, time for another cup of coffee.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:19 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Still dark here, but nice and cool outside...yipee!

Nothing exiting going on here. Typical monday morning...just checking client emails to see what work the afternoon will bring, then I'm off to school, then to the hardware store to get new "toilet guts", then I need to go find a new bed for my youngest for his birthday tomorrow (20th)
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:57 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lovely morning unfolding here and a bit warmer than yesterday, thank God! I froze most of the day and was too lazy to light the wood stove.

A bit sniffly this a.m. and tempted to skip gym. Dixie's coffee and a Benadryl will help. I missed two sessions last week and just MUST get my groove back.

After gym I must make pesto as I picked all the basil yesterday. I've still not made the Soupe au Pistou although I sure have all the veggies. I also am supposed to put some paint on canvas for my class this afternoon. Somehow I don't think there's enough time in my morning today.

Lucy the Brave is barking up a storm in the kitchen. I believe she is telling me she wants her morning milk and egg white - we are changing the protein/carb ratio in her food but I've not started running it though Fitday.....yet!

Enjoy your Monday.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:57 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

just a quickie, I know I have been scarse this past week or so, but likfe is pretty busy right now. Trying to get some reorganizing done and the girls have me hopping with extra dance classes and extra cheerleading tryouts. Well gotta to dash already, just wanted you to know I did not swim away from the beach. Have a great day chicks.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:01 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Crap! I have a temperature so will skip gym. Aspirin, Vitamin C, zinc and echinacea are on the menu for the morning. I hope I feel well enough for my painting class this afternoon AND my quilting class tomorrow. Grrrr!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, it sounds like a day for you to drink lots of water and lay on the couch with Lucy and remote in hand. Take it easy!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Ah yes it is monday! Bring on the coffee (thanks dixie!) Spent yesterday cleaning and cooking, made a big pot of beans, tried a recipe for beer can chicken that turned out nice and mosit and baked some bran muffins, I am set for the week! The scale is still going down below my goal weight, not something I am "trying" to do but if my body is still willing I will take it! I think it has something to do with the yoga instructor trying to kill me with her ab workouts!

Hope everyone has a great day! Hope you get to feeling better Ruth!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:45 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Dixie! Thanks for starting us up! DH and I slept in until 1:30 on Saturday! Guess it was a good weekend for sleeping in....

Wow, Cottage, can I come live with you? What a lot of work you're doing! I hate doing mini blinds too, so I don't do them. Actually, we don't have any now, which helps in that arena too. But we did take the fan out of the window yesterday. I've been wanting to clean the windows all summer but we haven't done much. Now it seems too cold to try! For the first time in months, all the windows are closed. Brrr... It was in the 40's on my way to work this morning!

Have a fun day, Cat! Shopping for birthday gifts is always exciting, especially for children. Toilet guts, not so much.

Ruth, you are a busy bee as always! I know that annoying guilt you get when you are cooking up all the veggies you think you should be using... Even though I've tasted your soupe au pistou and it's to DIE for, I personally give you permission to wait another day and enjoy painting this morning instead! :magic: Okay? I'm with you on the pesto...but I still have to pick my basil! I second Cat on the relaxing...I can't remember who told me this, but a friend of mine once said that she sees colds as a reminder from God to SLOW DOWN! I think that's pretty smart...not that I always obey...

Hey, beautiful LC! Glad you're still here with us. With all that hopping, you'll be dropping pounds left and right!

Good Morning to all the chicks to come!

Me:
Well, DH suggested that we ride our bikes tonight and he's planning to come home a little early for it. That means no gym for me...but riding bikes outside is more fun! I'm not sure it's intense enough exercise, but it's definitely exercise for my psyche. I'm such a newbie that I feel like I'm going to fall pretty much all the time! Actually, yesterday I was trying to make a turn at the end of a cul de sac, and I couldn't finish it...I was afraid if I turned any more, I'd fall over. Instead, I ended up riding right through the middle of someone's front yard! I was SO embarrassed! DH told me to be careful not to take out any mailboxes...

I have a ton of zucchini on the counter and in the fridge and I swear our tomatoes in the windowsill mate when I'm not looking! I have to make zucchini puffs tonight to use up the zucchini, and need to peel and chop the tomatoes and get some tomato sauce going. I'm tired already!

Hope everyone has a great day! Stay warm!

Last edited by beachgal; 09-17-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, Pacer! I'm in awe of all you're doing an accomplishing! Congrats on continuing to lose and doing all that exercise. I think all your cooking and cleaning might have something to do with your loss, too!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 AM   #11  

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello

I am on-again-off-again on SBD and at the moment in day 2 of P1. I forget how great the mental clarity and energy levels are on the detox phase... feels great! Thirsty but great

I hope everyone has a wonderful day... as my Monday comes to a close and yours gets started. I am off to bed so I can tackle classes at uni tomorrow... see ya!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #12  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

good morning chickies!

it was low 50s this morning, and it felt wonderful here. i always feel like i am waking up from a long hot summer (it has sure been hot!).

i hope everyone has a fantastic morning....
Old 09-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Gooooood morning girls! LAST NIGHT WAS MY LAST NIGHT WITH THE DOGS!!!!!! Wooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were good to me last night though. They both slept on the same side of me so I wasn't pinned between them. Sophie was so thoughtful. She's used to laying on Dad's side of the bed, and Oscar lays at the foot of the bed on Mom's side (between her and the door to protect her) so I was used to being squished. I slept straight through until 7:27 when the garbage truck came through this morning. I feel pretty good!

Can't WAIT to be back at my apartment though! I have unpacking to do, laundry, dishes, cooking..... but I'll have my couch. And no junk food! No amount of will power keeps me out of the bag of kettle cooked chips at my parents' house.

I have a mess here at work so I need to call and tear some people apart. Have a great day girls!

Lisa
Old 09-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick hello from me. Sorry I wasn't around much last week. I took a day off from work - just because all the fighting they were doing over me was starting to drive me insane. I needed a "mental health" day. Only to come back to a worse mess than when I left it.

To top that off, I had decided to move cubes, so I was trying go get the new one cleaned up, and get my old one cleaned up - throwing out a few years of paperwork that I hadn't looked at since I filed it! LOL Good time to get things taken care of .

This weekend was spent cleaning, I did the stove/oven (got out the EZ-off, as well as the self cleaning cycle) The range is so clean now... I'm happy. Only problem... I scrubbed so much in some spots, I removed the enamel. Oh well, it's an old electric range that was there when we bought the house, and I want a new one I also decided to bleach the sinks - which turned out to be a bigger project, because I decided to clean the grout as well... and that took hours... not to mention breaking a brand new tooth brush that I had just opened for the project. LOL

I also cleaned out some of my garden. I picked the last of the Spaghetti Squash, and pulled the tomato plants. That resulted in me having to do something with the tomatoes... so I made some sauce in the crock pot. Now I just have to cook it down and try to find some way to thicken it up...

Well, my quick "hello" was longer than I thought - but now it's time for a 'lunch and learn' session, so I've got to be running.

Hope every one has a great day!!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Chicks,
At least it still is morning for a couple more minutes!
What a weekend! We had lots of fun with the kids at 6 Flags, and the Aerosmith concert last night was so fun. But I didn't get to bed until 1AM, then got up at 5:30 to finish getting ready for an AM telecon. I am really dragging butt right now. On top of that, I didn't get my weekend cleaning done, so my house is a mess, and I haven't gotten to the grocery store yet, so I am running out of SB foods - I am lacking veggies in particular. I hate to start the week out tired and behind, I have a feeling this will be a long week...
Mare, I am jealous of your clean house. It's been too long since I did serious cleaning like that! You and cottage are making me feel bad.
Weezle, tearing people apart sounds like a great way to work out some frustrations!
Marianna, sandstriped, littlechick, dixiedieter, and Cat
beachgal, I'll have to try getting back on a bike again once I get my nerve up. It would be lots of fun to go out riding with DH and the kids, I bet!
Pacer, I know it feels great when you've got a lot of your cooking done in advance. I think I'll have to rely on the crockpot this week. At least it's cool, so I am in the mood for some stewy things.
Ruth, I'm sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope you can take it easy today and are back on your feet again soon. From what I've read of you, I'll bet you have a hard time keeping still long enough to be sick!

I think I'd better pull out the heavy blankets tonight. I haven't turned on the heat yet, but it was in the 40's this morning and I woke up cold at 5:30.
Have a good one, chicks! Come on Friday!
Closed Thread