South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #1  
viv

Default Some Basic Questions :)

Yesterday a co-worker walked into my office and said "So, do you want to start South Beach with me tomorrow?" As I was wallowing in self-loathing about the WW Lifetime member loss I had regained, this was a great way to great me. As I had the book at home, I said "Absolutely."

Came home and cannot for the life of me find the book. Before I go out and buy another copy I must find the one I have. It is here somewhere among the other diet books

My friend said "Phase 1 is just protein and veggies - no fruit, no carbs." That's how I ate today - but I do have some questions - please help as I plan on finding the book by Phase 2!

1. Oils? Olive okay? (love balsamic vinaigrette)
2. How about Olives? Carrots (these are discourage on Sugarbusters, which I thought was a good plan)
3. Low fat plain yogurt?
4. Sugar free frozen chocolate bar thingies (can you have a few?)

5. Any forbidden veggies? Are soybeans okay? Nuts? Are nuts limited as I always have them in the car for a low blood sugar moment?
6. All kinds of proteins okay?
7. What's a good snack for in front of the tv at night (other than going out and taking a walk, lol)

I think that's all the questions I came up with today. I really want this to be a success and the funky timing was an interesting way to get this started.

Thank you in advance - really really appreciate the tips.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Viv! I hope you can find your book soon, it's important to read and understand it to be successful on this healthy new way of eating.

Here is a link to the most recent revised Phase 1 foods list -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49548

Be sure to check out our FAQ section for a wealth of helpful information, and check out the recipe boards, too, for some wonderful recipes.

Good luck to you and your friend!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #3  
viv

Thank you so much - I am going to search for the book again NOW (as I have nothing sweet and sugar free in the house, I must distract myself). I so don't want to buy the book again if I have it here! I did almost everything right today except eat skirt steak at lunch (small serving) which I think is higher in fat. I'll check out the other threads too - this site is great!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Viv, so glad to have you here with us, on SBD and in the forum.

I echo Cottage, reading that book really, really is important. But the Emergency Phase 1 guide in the FAQ should give you enough to keep you on track until you've read it all. I think I, too, would have taken advantage of the serendipitous way you started; having a buddy is a GREAT way to stay on plan!

However, for those of you thinking of starting, please, please do read the book FIRST and take the time to plan for success (i.e. don't start SBD the week of your son's wedding or right before you go on a cruise or to your grandma's for a weekend of feasting on family favorites!) Make it easy on yourself.

Look forward to hearing more about your success, Viv! Join in on the daily thread so we can get to know you better, and check out the Phase 1 thread for help and support as you navigate P1.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #5  
viv

Default I'm on the Ph I Board

Found the book and have been on the Ph I board - 5 days, 3 lbs....but who's counting?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:39 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

hi Viv, we must have started about the same time. I'm on Day 6 of Ph1 and it is starting to get a little easier for me to make the right choices. I weighed yesterday and am down 3 lbs. too.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #7  
viv

Default Hi Lily

I'm over on the PH I board now - join us. I see you are in a great place now - that's wonderful!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, let's try to keep all the postings - and hints - in the Phase I Starters and Restarters Thread. Strength in numbers!
Closed Thread