South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #1  
PBL
han - working in kilos

S/C/G: 75/75/58

Height: 169 cm (5'7)

Default Phase I for More Than Two Weeks

Hi,

I am getting started on SBD again, after a month and a half off due to illness.

I was doing well on Phase I, and enjoyed it and don't really eat much in the way of simple carbs anyway due to a wheat allergy and dislike of rice products.

I was thinking after two weeks I would just allow myself the fruit once a day, and not introduce wholegrains for a while and stick to almond bread/muffins etc.

Has anyone just stuck with Phase I for a while?

TIA
Old 08-08-2007, 08:13 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's not recommended as Phase I does not meet all nutritional needs. I think your plan (sort of Phase I.5) would work for you.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

The first time I did SBD, I did phase 1 longer than 2 weeks...actually I did it for 4weeks. Then I gradually added other foods like fruit. I did well with it, but I unfortunately fell off the band wagon. Now I'm jumping back on. Good luck to you!!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

PBL -- Your plan sounds exactly like what i'm doing right now, which is how these boards seem to recommend it -- i started phase 2 on tuesday, and i just added FiberOne cereal and some berries. Other than that, still all phase 1 foods. Oh, except for a glass of wine (i really missed wine!)
good luck!!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/207

Height: 5'7

I am on day 5 and trying to stick this one out. I am tired and grumpy. And I sit and wonder is this really the way to go? I guess I am no help. Because I do not want to stick to Phase 1 for even 2 weeks.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

gritschick, Although South Beach may not be the way to go for everyone, I think it's a great plan! It is really just a healthy way of eating that is easy to maintain for longterm. Phase I is definitely the hardest part, but it only lasts for two weeks. Give it a little bit longer before you decide. If you read through some of the threads on this forum, you'll see that a lot of people go through what you are experiencing right now, and the chicks call it "South Beach flu". It is your body adjusting and "detoxing" from the unhealthy carbs. It really should only last a couple of days. Make sure to get your dairy servings in and eat some beans every day - it will really help! Good luck to you.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #7  
Constant vigilance!

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

oh gritschick, i know EXACTLY how you are feeling. Day 4 and 5 of Phase 1 were the absolute worst for me. Grumpy, irritable, headachey, and just that general blah feeling.

It does go away, though! I just finished Phase 1 and can tell you that I'm very please with the results! You can do it!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

One of the main concerns Dr A has said he has with staying in Phase 1 for an extended period of time is because your food choices are limited, it is harder to sustain as a permenant WOE and people are more likely to fall off the plan. Once you add the fruits, starches and grains in Phase 2, it makes it a far easier plan to live with...

gritschic, Hang in there! The second week is a little easier than the first and it just gets better from there... You can do it!

Last edited by 1oftheLuvs; 08-11-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #9  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

grits, i just completed day 6 of ph1, and i felt horrible...but it will pass. this morning i woke up feeling great...

and yes as weird as it sounds the beans do work!
Old 08-12-2007, 03:48 AM   #10  
PBL
han - working in kilos

S/C/G: 75/75/58

Height: 169 cm (5'7)

Thanks for the advice girls. I officially start tomorrow morning after a very trashy alcohol filled weekend - stupid twenty firsts.
Closed Thread