South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm back (patting myself on the back for walking two days in a row)! Maybe I'll make my August exercise goal...
My support contractor just called and told me he was quitting, not to expect any further work from him, effective immediately. I expected as much, since he recently moved to Tennessee without notice, but it stinks as now I have his work to do as well as my own. Damned contractors! Oh, wait, I just cursed myself.
KO, funny you should mention cornbread. I made some for the kids the other night, and half is still in the fridge. I'm tired of looking at it and wishing I could have some, so if they don't eat it for lunch, in the trash it will go.
Is this board getting a little kinky this morning? Is that allowed? I thought there were other boards for discussions of latex garments :-)
Better go get busy, I think I feel some burning fevers, hysterics, and phrensies coming on.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Quick drive by for me this morning, have tried 3 times to post and work keeps getting in the way, how dare they! LOL

I am gimping around like a 90 year old woman this morning, my knee is giving me fits! Never had this issue before, is this signs of aging? For the love of pete I am only 38! Forced me to wear flats today, oh pity me!

On a happier note my daughter is coming down from Michigan today to spend some time. Planning on taking her to help me pick out something to wear to the class reunion! We will then take her home to Michigan when we go up for the reunion on the 11th.

Everyone have a great day and I will check back later!

Steph
Old 08-02-2007, 09:40 AM   #18  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning. Slept until 8:30 and STILL tired. At least I slept some last night. I'm wiped out. Have a lot on my plate today, figuratively speaking. Tons to do! My "brother" Abdul is coming home for a few days so I'd like to see him. It's been a month at least. Also have to teach piano and do stuff around the house, de-clutter-wise.

Better get a start on my day. Feel like curling up and going back to sleep but too much to do! Have a good one ladies.

Lisa
Old 08-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Fly by post here - too much work, not enough time, and too many meetings today... Why do I work again?

I just found out last night at PT that I probably only have 4 sessions left - depending on my next eval. I can't wait! Even though it's 'forced' exercise, it's just not the most convenient thing to do on someone else's schedule. I've got the things I need to do, and any special equipment, so I'll do it at home - on my own time. I won't have to leave work early, skip out of meetings, or plan my week around when I've got PT anymore.

Kara - try washing in COLD water - I know, but warm water opens the pores, and will allow any infection, or irritant into the pores - cold water does the opposite. Also try Kids Benedryl for the itching when you're awake, Bactine spray is good too. If that doesn't work, off to the Dr for you. I'm SEVERELY allergic to Poison Ivy, and those are the tricks I use for a mild (read 'normal person's bad') reaction. Usually I end up on 3 rounds of Prednisone and prescription steroid creams.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #20  

Hey gals...

Just getting in to post today. My girlfriend had surgery on her heel a few weeks ago and needed a ride to the doctors. She can't drive for 6 weeks, so we chauffered her to the doctor. Other than that we are sticking close to home today. Laundry, some bathroom cleaning, and other stuff need to get done today!

Jessie The Bible study we are doing is called "Unfailing Love: Growing Closer to Jesus Christ." It isn't a Beth Moore study, but a Sisters study. So far I really like it. There is a great age range in our group- from 35 to 70s. I love it! I had never done a women's Bible study until last fall and now sign up for everyone they offer. I love it!

Weezle Hope you are able to get a lot done today and also enjoy time with Abdul. Make sure you are eating!!

Pacer How old is your daughter?

Kara Hope you are able to find out what is causing your rash. That is great that your DH's physical went well. My DH had one on Tuesday and it wasn't so good. They saw some irregularities in his EKG, so will be undergoing some more tests on Monday. I think all that is going on with us as well as his job is a lot of it. He is a stress case.... I am proud of him, b/c he has worked out the last 2 days since the physical, so that is good.

Betty How did your interview go??

Cottage I am impressed by how much you accomplished by 8:30!! I love productive days like that.

Okay, I need to rustle up something to eat..... the kids had an early lunch as they were starving.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #21  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everybody! Well today was a good eating day for me all day! No slips or questionable things passed these lips! No sireee!

Worked with my homeopath friend today. I'm helping to enter into a computer, a shipment of homeopathic tinctures he's waiting to come by sea. 2,657 tinctures from USA. He's setting up two clinics that's 5,314 labels we need to type, print and eventually stick on bottles when we make the dispencing medicines! Whew! It'll take a few months for the meds to get here. So have a while to tackle this massive task.

Iammare- Wow! 28lbs lost in July! You go girl!
Lisa- I wish I could sleep till 830....630 is the latest I can sleep, regardless of when I go to sleep
Steph- I feel for ya, I'm 38 and recently started taking glucosamine for joint pain! Wassup with that????
Schmoodle- Good job on 2 walks in two days! WTG!~Dog Days of Summer Hmmm. Interesting explanations.
Kier- awesome idea, squash, mushrooms and chickpeas in meat...Inspires me to make meatloaf tommorrow!
Kara- Sorry to hear about the rash, good to hear it's not itching. Sometimes rashes happen as a detoxification, then goes away after a few days. Keep the area clean & keep an eye on it. Seek medical advice if it spreads more.
Betty- WTG on the second interview. THose balls sound interesting.
ooh Rennie- will you come clean my screens when your done with yours? lol! The dust in this country is so fine, no matter how well things are cleaned, it's dusty an hour later!
Cottage, Jessie, Cat-

Hugs everybody!
I'm off to bed. Have a great day... (g'nite Kara!)
Old 08-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #22  

Height: 5'6"

Hey Kiko! I love those stay at home days! Too bad they are so far and few between, for me....
Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm back home here with the girlies. It's stinkin hot, so we're going to swim in the pool while we're waiting for my DD to come. Right after I last posted, I got a call from Andrea, asking if I would mind getting some groceries for her and bring her a Starbucks, and Cindy called asking when could I come out, and my Dad called to tell me my cousin in Minnesota was a witness to the horrible bridge collapse out there, so I've been pretty busy!
It feels soothing to just sit in here enjoying the air conditioning, but the girls are finished with their lunch and pestering me to get in the pool, so I'd better go before they start whining.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #24  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

indigal
lol I live out in the country. Got one of those new steamer machines, wow is the thing great. So many things I can do in half the time. I was surprised how easy it is to use. My children think I live to clean. I would never let them know I enjoy cleaning the house most of the time
Old 08-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #25  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ok, so I ended up grilling the shrimp and decided to go with a salad, then got to thinking about dressing, then thought REMOULADE!! So I started looking around for recipe that would be easy to adapt and found this one I substituted olive oil for the veg. oil and instead of ketchup, I used some tomato paste and splenda.
It turned out so good I had to take a picture for my recipe file (I take pictures of stuff to remind me what I did!). The recipe made a TON of remoulade sauce...I could have 1/4 or 1/8th it for just the two of us.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-19-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Is it wrong to want to unplug the work phone????? My brain is fried!

Femme That looks sooooooo yummy, kinda puts my yogurt to shame I am going to eat if I get the chance!

Oh crikey there goes the phone again! Only 1 hour and 38 mins to go!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Oh, Cat, what are you doing to me? That looks like the perfect summer supper. I'm making up my menus for the next week, and I may have to try that. I've got zuchinni lasagna in the oven right now, and it's making the house stinking hot, but it smells good. I am so hungry, I really want something good, so I hope it turns out. As soon as it's out of the oven, I'm going to wrap it up and take it to the pool with us. I can't wait to dunk myself. DH and I will eat it, the kids just had pizza that DD brought home for them.
Hang in there pacer! Hope your knee is better.
Kudoes to you Indigal! And good luck with your big project.
Weezle and Kiko, hope you got your stuff done and had nice, peaceful days.
Congrats on the PT, iammare.

I am in the mood to buy myself a present for losing the 20 lbs. I was doing some window shopping online today. I'm thinking clothes, but I don't want to buy summer stuff that I'll only wear for a couple of months or so, and then hopefully it won't fit next year. I might be able to make it through the summer with the ratty big shorts that I've got. Maybe I'll wait until September and buy some jeans. By then I'll really need them (I hope).
Old 08-02-2007, 06:24 PM   #28  
RNMOM

Default hiya

Hey all, no time to respond to all the posts. It's been a fairly quiet day in the ER, but right now I'm having the hungries! I'm sleepy and hungry for chocolate, so I thought I'd browse here for inspiration.

Day 2 on phase 1, crossing my fingers!

Hugs
Old 08-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #29  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Hey everyone! Today has been a busy day. I spent most of the day trying to fix my computer, but at this point I think it has to be a hardware issue and I'm going to have to take it in. Yuck.

Finally went grocery shopping and they were out of black beans except for ONE can! Can you believe it! Maybe that's a sign that I've been eat them WAY too much. For the past week I've had black beans as the center point of every single meal. Black beans on salad, on brown rice with a side salad, with spaghetti squash, in soup.... What can I say, I love them! All that was left at the store were all the seasoned ones with enough salt for a week.

Now I have all the fixings for some good meals this weekend- crabcakes, pesto spaghetti squash, and of course, spinach salad!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:28 PM   #30  
Visualizing the Goal

Kitty, thanks for the rash advice. I'm hoping it just clears up itself or at least doesn't get worse before the plane trip. Still not itching, but this morning it's on the palms of my hands and the underside of my lower arms a bit. I took Benedryl last night before bed. Usually I avoid medicines if I can help it, but since the last time I got hives I ended up on steroids because they couldn't control them with anything else, I thought I'd try to nip it in the bud. The Benedryl knocked me out so I don't want to take any during the day when I have to be alert to keep Avery out of the toilet and all... Luckily, there's still no itching. Maybe it's the fat trying to escape? I don't get sick very often at all, but when I do it's always a mystery something! Today is my running day, too, and I really don't want to skip it but I don't want to make the hives worse either and I sweat like a PIG when I run! It's really disgusting but I figure the healthy benefits from the running are worth it, especially since I can shower off the stink. Mare, I have actually been taking cool showers lately because it's so hot here and that cools me off a bit.

Off to make some breakfast. Egg whites and veggie sausages with a sprinkle of mozzarella and some salsa on the side. Mmmmmm!

Kara
Closed Thread