South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #1  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Default I caved!

I bought Subway for dinner tonight, I was really craving it. I don't think I can do SBD anymore. I feel like there are so many foods I have to avoid in order to lose weight. I never felt restricted doing WW. If I slipped during WW, I could easily recover and still show a loss for the week. With SBD, if I slip, I feel like I have ruined all of my previous efforts. I'm only on day 9. I think I lost about 3lbs since first starting. I'm still craving sweets, especially fruit. I'm a huge fruit eater. Anyone else ever feel this way?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: h206/s190/ticker/g145

Height: 5'5

of course we all feel that way. 3 lbs in 9 days is great. sooon you can have your fruit back. anything you do you have to make sacrifics. maybe weight watchers is better for you, but if you make it to day 14 you can have just about anything, one slip up is not bad we all do it. eating healthy takes practice, or else we would all be thin. keep it up and i promise it will get better.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #3  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lori,

I also found myself craving things during the latter half of Phase 1. I listened to everyone's advice and tried to hang tough. My knuckles were white with tension by the time I got to Day 13. I went to the store to get some low sugar granola to enjoy for my first Phase 2 breakfast, then ate half the bag when I got home. And when I finally got to Phase 2, I overdid the carbs at every turn and had to scale back to the first phase to gain control until I learned about a different way to combine the foods.

Now I'm eating SBD foods in the combinations recommended by the Carb Addict's Diet: 1/2 protein and 1/2 nonstarchy veggies at 2 meals (actually just one meal for me) and a "reward meal" that starts with 2 cups of salad followed by a plate that is 1/3 protein, 1/3 nonstarchy vegetable, 1/3 carb. It works for me. I stopped eating breakfast and now drink a latte instead; I never was much of a breakfast person to begin with. All the snacking done by purist SBDieters made me want to eat too much. If I get hungry, I have a hot drink with a little skim milk in it and I'm okay until mealtime.

If you feel South Beach is not for you and is too restrictive then it might be. Or maybe you just need to find a way to do it on your own terms.

Just my 2 cents...

L
Old 07-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330.5/307.5/250

Height: 5'5"

Please read my post from last week when I hated the diet and swore I was going back to WW's. I did WW's for years and knew it like that back of my hand. I thought I really hated WW's but now I'm on Day 13 and lost 14 lbs already. I cave in isn't going to kill you. Just suck it up and move on. All the times I went to WWs and paid for meetings and stuck to it, I never lost this much this quickly. You can come here for online support. I swear I get more out of message boards than I do from meetings. I think after a while I heard the same things over and over and it was just more like an obligation of going. Take the money you'd spend on meetings and treat yourself to stuff when you reach certain goals.

Give it more time....You'll love it.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Look at you, Cann - the South Beach Motivator!!!

Kara
Old 07-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I was missing some of my usual foods that aren't onplan in the beginning too. I stuck to it though and have had great results.

Your ticker shows you have lost 37lbs what were you doing then? Reason i'm asking is because thats really a great amount and you don't have much to go to get to goal. Are you doing SB now to mix it up because the loss has slowed?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

ya know sadly I gotta tell you that for while especially in the beginning some of making this work is SHEER Willpower. you just have to say no.

and since a good healthy loss is 1-2 pounds per week if you big like me, with only 12 pounds to lose you have lost 3 pounds and that's 25% of what you want to lose.

i've been doing this over a year and I'm not 50% of the way done.

patience is critical on this plan. besides you are going to eat like this forever.
Closed Thread