South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Terrific Thursday Chat!

Good Morning!

I'm off to Curves, but I'll be back! Somebody have a cup of coffee ready for me, please ?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here ya go!

Where the heck did May go! It seems to have disappeared in a cloud of plaster dust!

I worked in the back veggie garden until nearly seven last night and got lots done. It started to rain around 6 but I just kept on going bunging in tomatoes, cukes and peppers and now have the bulk of it done. I still have herbs to do and want to put in seeds but my clay soil is soaked today. Working clay soil damages the structure and is also kind of dangerous as it's slippery!

Just checked the calendar and have absolutely nothing scheduled so the Girls and I are going to hole up in the house. I'm slowly putting my kitchen stuff back and consigning a lot of it to the next yard sale as I sort. Why on earth do I have five garlic presses? I have three weeks of laundry to catch up on and the Church bulletin to do. Later in the day, if it dries up a bit, I'll go over and do the Fairground planters.

How does your day look?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:42 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I got up around 3 so I could get a lot of web work done early so I could play outisde later..but it is still raining, so I guess instead of playing I'll do housework..joy.
If it slacks up later I might cut the grass in the back yard..is this an exiting day or WHAT? (snore)

My son will have his knee surgery next Thursday. Poor baby..I feel so bad for him..Dr. said yesterday that it would take about 6 months before he can be active again in sports (he teaches aiki jutsu, so he is not liking the 6 months off)
Old 05-31-2007, 07:52 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I forgot to add this. Some of you may already have this, but I just ran across it a couple of days ago...a pdf file of tons of SB recipes:
http://www.southbeachdietbulletinboa...ietRecipes.pdf

I really want to try the lemonade cheesecake!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:00 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. It is going to rain here today too. So no playing outside in the yard. I slept terribly. I had cramps so bad I had to get up take pills and get the heat pack. I have a feeling this will not favour my trip to the scales tomorrow for monthly weigh in.

Cottage- Thanks for starting us up this morning. Have fun @ Curves and here is a for ya when you get home.

Ruth- I bet your kitchen is lovely, have fun sorting. It is funny how we collect many things we really don't need or two or three of one thing. I have a little herb garden as well. Can you freeze herb or dry them out for the winter. I so new at the garden thing.

femmecreole- I was up around that time as well. Enjoy your housework. I hope your son heals quickly. DD boyfriend is waiting to see his surgeon about possible knee surgery as well.

Me- I have an app @ 12:30 so DH will be on duty, which is all I have planned for the day. Out playing in the gardens if the sun comes out and stays out. If not maybe I will go through some clothes. I think I am going to re read the book this week end and then start ph1 again on monday.

Have a great day chicks.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:18 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

http://www.kraftfoods.com/south_beach_diet

Hey Chicks here is a link to Kraft, it has a recipie section that tells you what phase the recipies are. Not sure if anyone has seen this or is interested. I know we are always looking for good recipies.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:39 AM   #7  

I'm back, and thanks for the coffee! I was really feeling the need for it this morning! I stayed up past my bedtime last night putting the finishing touches on Audrey's costume. We found out yesterday afternoon that the kids had to have them today for their dress rehearsal, so the rush was on! I took it out to the farm after Curves this morning, so Audrey could take it to school with her. Whew, I'm so glad to have that project done!
Yesterday, I got to watch some of the filming for a new TV reality show that's going to be sort of like The Biggest Loser. I think the name of this one will be called Team Challenge? Anyway, the participants walk 15 miles every day, starting out from Boston, and I believe they're ending in DC. Cindy's farm happened to be at the end of their 15 miles for yesterday, and the producers asked permission to use the farm as their final rest stop for the day, since the setting is so bucolic. So we may be on TV!
I'm going to to absolutely NOTHING this morning! I'll be working late today as it's polo night, and I'm thinking of taking the girls to the Strawberry Festival later this afternoon.

Ruth ~ Have fun playing in the mud today! I love it when it rains right after I've planted, saves me the trouble and gives the plants a good start, too! Mind your knee, though.

femmecreole ~ I'm always searching for new recipes, thanks for the link! I hope all goes well with your DS's knee surgery and has a speedy recovery!

L.C. ~ Cramps! I sympathize with you, thank goodness all that is finally behind me now! Thanks for your link, too.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 365/365/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning, Ladies!
I am new here, and am looking forwards to making lots of new friends who are in the same boat (which really is a submarine at this point in time, but would like to turn it into a raft before I turn 50...) and I'd like to say HELLO to you all!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:03 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

Ravenmyst33. Pull up a towel and enjoy your stay. You will get lots of encouragement here. Glad you found us.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:11 AM   #10  

aboard, Ravenmyst33!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:18 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Little Chick, different herbs are treated differently for winter storage. If you post your question in the Gardening thread, I'll attempt to reply.

Ravenmysst - and to The Beach. Nice that you jumped right in. at your submarine comment! You'll be surfing in no time.

Cottage, on TV! Will you still talk to us when your are famous? Any change of pics of the lion costume?

Cat, your poor DS! I hope all goes well and he's back teaching soon. Send the rain north to GA. They really need it.

I just got back indoors - it's way too wet to work out there so The Girls and I will tackle inside stuff. I've done three loads of laundry so far and think I have another four to go! It;s been three weeks so I'm lucky to have 51 pair of underwear! (Time to sort and pitch the rattiest ones. "What if you were in an accident?" )
Old 05-31-2007, 09:26 AM   #12  

Time to Shake them Tailfeathers Chicks!

Ruth: kitchen gadgets breed in utensil drawers duncha know! I can't wait fer pics of the new fabooo kitchen!
Cottage: you'll be a STAH!!!!! I'll def tune in to see Cindy's farm--and hopefully see you and the kids!

Femme: Layin around not being active is prolly gonna be the worst pain DS has... He's sure to get antsy but as long as it fixes his knee so he can continue to do what he loves... thanks for the link-you're a PEACH

LC: Feel better doll! Just west and wewax wabbit! and thanks for the linkadoo too! I'm always looking for a new one to add... I think I have 50 ways to make a chicken at this point

Ravenmyst: Welcome Aboard... Glad ta have ya here and getting to know you! I hear ya about turning the weight around before I turn 50 too. I wish to be 50 and fit ,not 50 and fluffy

We cut down the furbabies yesterday...the fur was a flyin now they look like Tabby cats with Siamese cat heads--not like dogs at all! I'm enjoying my last cuppa joe before I take them out for their walk... watching the woodpecker and cardinal families teach their younguns to eat at the bird feeder...just adorable...cept while the papa cardinal is helping the little one eat the momma is trying to push the baby out of the feeder I guess she is tryin to get the baby to go off on its own...
Alrighty time to get me caboose in gear and get on with the day!

fer all!!!

Last edited by Schatzi; 05-31-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

Morning Schatzi your posts always make my day. Have a great one.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #14  

Ruth and Schatzi - If I'm on TV at all, it'll just be a shot of me standing around looking stupid!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #15  

Morning gals!

Thanks for the recipe links.... it has been awhile since I done SBD well, so I need to reteach myself. I always have a lot of success during the summer months since I have more time to time cook and plan.

Ruth Enjoy your day, it isn't often that you slow down and take it easy.

Cottage That show sounds good- I always enjoy watching the Biggest Loser. I was up way past my bedtime last night as well- the coffee doesn't seem to be kicking in as fast as I would like.

Schatzers Morning!! Have a great day.

LC Hope that you feel better, I hate cramps!

Femme and Raven Hope that you have a mah-ve-lous day.

Okay, I am off to plan some meals and get a grocery list put together. Have a super day all!
Closed Thread