South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 202/196.68/132

Height: 5'6

Default Total calories

I am just curious....

Do all of you track what you eat? If so, what does your total calories for the day amount to? What is the breakdown (%) in terms of protein, carbs, fat?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/130/130

Height: 5'4"

I just started this week because I wasn't losing like I thought I should and I have lost 2 pounds...I had been the same for a couple weeks. I had counted calories in the past and lost 30 pounds, so I know it works. I like SB because we really need to change what we were eating in addition to how much. I keep a notebook and calculator in the kitchen and write down what I eat and the amount of calories. I don't track anything else as far as % of carbs, protien...

I try to get around 1500 calories per day
Old 05-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #3  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Thank so much for asking this question! I've been getting in the 1300-1400 range and have never felt hungry. Do you guys think that is a good amount? I tried to do optifast the first week or April and ate less than 1000 calories a day, but I didn't lose any weight and I was starving. So I decided SB sounded much better.

Last edited by beachgal; 05-03-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I did track my calories for a while...you can see it if you click on my fitday link and go back to sometime last year (probably before October). I don't do it currently--but I'm thinking of starting again. I lost most of my weight without looking at one calorie count and that was one of the things I loved about SBD! But when I finally stalled for a long time, I wanted to know what I was eating, so I started tracking it in Fitday. I think my usually cals were 2200?

From what I've heard and personally experienced, the goal is a 30/30/30 split with protein/carbs/fat on fitday. I usually had a bit more protein and a bit more fat than carbs because of the types of food we eat.

It's a great way to become more aware of what you're doing, especially if you're having trouble, but don't feel like you have to do it, okay?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #5  
Michael Ann 1973

I eat no less than 1,200 calories a day and keep it below 1,500. That seems to be my optimal weight loss area.

Also, I would like to add that this is pre-working out! After I get really rocking working out I am sure I will consume more calories. I am just listening to my body for the most part.

Last edited by Sunnybunny; 05-03-2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: I want too
Old 05-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdensmom View Post
Thank so much for asking this question! I've been getting in the 1300-1400 range and have never felt hungry. Do you guys think that is a good amount? I tried to do optifast the first week or April and ate less than 1000 calories a day, but I didn't lose any weight and I was starving. So I decided SB sounded much better.
less than 1000??? Hon, you were literally starving!!! When you eat that little, your body often shuts down and stubbornly refuses to give up any more than it has to...it's a poor way to lose weight. Regardless of size, you should eat at least 1200 calories a day. That's WITHOUT exercising...if you exercise, you need to up it. I'd think around 1500-1700 should be good for someone of your height and weight who's exercising. Just my humble opinion. I'd think 1300-1400 is a bit too low. Can you add some healthy oils to your diet? Are you eating nuts every day? Both are good additions and will up your calories in a healthy way.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #7  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal View Post
less than 1000??? Hon, you were literally starving!!! When you eat that little, your body often shuts down and stubbornly refuses to give up any more than it has to...it's a poor way to lose weight. Regardless of size, you should eat at least 1200 calories a day. That's WITHOUT exercising...if you exercise, you need to up it. I'd think around 1500-1700 should be good for someone of your height and weight who's exercising. Just my humble opinion. I'd think 1300-1400 is a bit too low. Can you add some healthy oils to your diet? Are you eating nuts every day? Both are good additions and will up your calories in a healthy way.
Thanks so much for the info. I do exercise. I walk at least a mile a day. I know that's nothing compared to most of you, but I like it. I like to walk on my treadmill and watch tv. I usually sprinkle some sunflower seeds on my salads and eat a handful of peanuts here and there. I'm so nervous during the day that I'm going to overeat that I wind up a little short on calories at the end of the day.. Guess I'll sprikle a little more sunflower seeds on my salads from now on...
Old 05-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

So far, I've not needed to track my calories...Thank God! What a pain in the neck. But, if my weight loss plateaus for a bit, I will track them again on Fitday and make sure I'm staying in line.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I had to track my calories. My weight loss stopped. I was logging between 1000-1200 calories during phase 1. The problem was that I was also working out at least 4x's a week burning about 300-400 calories a workout. This week I decided to cool off on the working out and to add more carbs to my diet. I lost 4lbs. Go figure! I figured out I need to eat at least 1800 calories a day if I want to work out the amount I like to. I definitely wasn't getting enough calories. I didn't realize I was at such a deficit because I was eating so much. You should definitely track your calories at first to see where you are at. During phase 1 you probably won't be getting more than 1400 cal a day.
Closed Thread