South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Terrific Thursday Chat!

Good Morning!

It's a beautiful dawn, promising to be another great day! I just love this time of year with the flowers and trees blooming, everywhere you look there is color! I think Maggie and I will have a picnic at the park and enjoy a few hours there until it's time to pick up Audrey. I stayed completely OP yesterday and even managed to avoid the ice cream parlour, let's see if I can do it again today! No time for my Curves workout this morning, since it's my day to take the girls to school, but I'll run around the park with Maggie to make up for it. Breakfast is going to be WW Marathon Bread w/ a little peanutbutter, salad with tuna for lunch, and leftover Salsa Chicken and riced cauliflower with roasted green beans will be my supper.

Better run for now and water the new perrenials before I leave for the day! Make it a great day and find something to smile about!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:59 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm smiling already over the sunshine and flowers in your post, Cottage! Today is going to be a glorious day here too.

Things have been pretty hectic around here as minor repairs to the house are turning into major ones! Kevin is going to replace my front porch roof as well as jack up the barn and replace the rotting sill! Old houses are lovely but....

My friend Doug came over yesterday afternoon and took a truckload of stuff out of the barn for the Church yard sale which certainly helped. Eric was here to do some garden work and Donna was also here to clean behind the stove, fridge and kitchen book case to get ready for the kitchen reno which starts the 14th, God willing and the creek don't rise! It's mass confusion around here with folks in and out and dogs woofing. I am trying to remain "an island of calm in a sea of chaos" but it's not easy!

This morning I take the Girls for their rabies shots and then plan to finally get to the front flower bed! It's half done and things are really sprouting. I also plan to get my sweet peas planted. I'd planned to do that last night but ran out of steam around suppertime!

Have a shiny and smiling day, Chickies!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Weather here is nice right now, but just heard on the news it is supposed to start storming tonight through Saturday morning. Great Having a big party here Sunday afternoon and still have lots to do in the garden and have about 1/2 my patio furniture left to paint. I'm in panic mode..but I will not eat my way through the aggrivation. If nothing else we have to get the grass cut as soon as we get off of work today. I had a list of what we had to do each day before the party..guess I could eat that..how many carbs does paper have?

Also found out my son has to have another knee surgery in a couple of weeks, poor baby.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Beacher Friends! Its sunny and pretty here, too....but, its hot already! Whew!...I can already imagine what this place will be like this July and August. I can't wait to see what Georgia will be like...I know it will be hot, but hopefully I won't melt when I check the mail! Speaking of moving to Georgia, we are waiting to her back on our counter-offer for the house. We might be signing a contract today! If this one goes through...which will take about 20 days to know for sure...we will be closing on May 30. I'm getting excited...and a bit nervous, too.

Cottage - I have to ask, who is Maggie?
Ruth - Who are Kevin, Eric and Donna?
Femmecreole - I'm sorry to hear that your son has to have surgery.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #5  

Rise N Shine Chickadooooooo! I'm bout a half tank full and ready to take the girls out for their daily walk!

Cottage: ah you paint a beautiful picture of a day in PA ! I made the salsa chicken last night.. it was delish! how do you make riced cauliflower?

Ruth: I have a pic in my mind of you standing stoically among people running hither dither! You look like the statue of liberty

Femme: Deeeep breaths you can do this!!! I hear paper has alot of fiber - so its prolly good for ya Sorry to hear about DS. Hope he heals jiffyquick!

Left over Gwampkies (that's Polish for stuffed cabbage) made with 97% Fat free beef and ground turkey, brown rice, cabbage and reduced sodium tomato soup. Amazing how much healthier and less calories by making some minor recipe changes!

Ok gals time to take the furbabes for their walk..then off to take MIL to the BeautyParlor to get beautified!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee--- I'm outta here
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Speaking of moving to Georgia, we are waiting to her back on our counter-offer for the house. We might be signing a contract today!
I hope it comes through today and you are able to move before it gets too hot. We just got back from Georgia about 3 weeks ago. Went to Callaway Gardens to meet my sister who lives in NC. Our Mother lives with me during the winter and with my sister during hurricane season..Georgia is "in the middle", so we figured Calloway would be a great place to "make the switch" and all enjoy some time together. The gardens were gorgeous, but it was a bit nippy when that surprise late cold snap came through.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #7  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning chicks! It's going to be a beautiful day here too! I think we're going to have sunshine and mild temps at least through Monday Hey - dancing veggies - does it get any better than that???
I'm trying to force myself into a good mood. The scale was up - probably b/c of a few days of bad choices earlier this week. I need to weigh to keep myself on track, but I also need to focus on how this is making my body healthier even if the weight isn't going down. Now, only if I can get that as ingrained in my pysche as the whole scale/number thing!
Tomorrow I'm taking DD to see Thomas the Train and this weekend is more work on the house so I'm going to have to sit down later today and plan out my meals for the next few days. It's so much easier to stick to healthy foods when I'm at work.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #8  
Michael Ann 1973

Smile Good Morning My Lovely Chickadees

What a glorious and wonderful rainy morning this is! I went to bed last night with froggies chirping and woke up to birdies chirping. Don't worry ya'll I am not on medication. Just in a spectacularly good mood!

The exercise yesterday really made me feel awesome...I am tender in some spots but I love that feeling. It lets you know you are alive!

Cottage: Have a lovely day...enjoy your picnic and being outdoors.

Ruth: Your day sounds like pure chaos. Take a moment to breath and think happy quiet thoughts.

FemmeCreole: I am so sick of rain and can feel your pain trying to get ready for your garden party. My advice...chew the paper...don't swallow! hehe Sorry about your son, my DH had to have that surgery (years before we were ever together) and he told me that it was really bad way back then. My sister had it and came through pretty quickly. Anway I wish him all the best.

Rhonda: Wow! I missed something about your house. That was a quick offer! I have my fingers crossed for you. Why are you moving from FL to GA?

Schatzi: You had me at stuffed cabbage! I must make some! Have a fun day!

Kelly: I agree with it being easier to eat right at work. The structure helps me so much.

One thing I figured out yesterday is that I am eating too many grains. I can't do much about it today, but tomorrow I am getting myself back together. I need to get back to my eggs in the AM. I liked the post yesterday about "What are you eating?" We should do that everyday.

Ya'll take care of yourself today
Old 05-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #9  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

If she's anything like the rest of us in the sunshine state she can't afford to live here!!! between homeowner insurances trippling and property taxes going up and every other living thing under the sun going up- but wages staying the same. In my 2 mile walk there are 13 houses for sale. Everyone is leaving. The retirees are even leaving- they're all going to NC. and TN. They're building a new subdivision in my county that will be all 1 million dollar plus houses, I don't know who's going to mow their grass or wait on them at resteraunts, the rest of us can't afford to stay. If my family didn't have its roots down I'd move- but I just bought my house and paid $172,000 I couldn't get rid of it for 150 now, nothing is moving.
Whew, vent much t.? It's a sore subject
PS RHONDA- that was not to say you are not financially fit, just a commentary on the situation here in good ole FLA, I know you know what I mean.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #10  
Just...t.

S/C/G: 160/125 (135 on planet Earth!)

Height: 5'5"

I should mention that all of the houses in my neighborhood are at a max 10 years old- most newer very few older. There are at least 3 brand new homes that have been sitting for at least 6 months and 2 houses that were built less than a year ago are both on the market now. Crazy.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

One day I WILL live in Florida, somewhere close to the Keys, if I have to rob 8 banks to do it! OK so I won't rob any banks but I reaaaalllyyy want to move there. I'm always so happy there. I'd love to move to Key West but I don't know 3 people to ask to be my roommates and I'd have to find about 4 jobs, maybe take a bartending course first?

But back to reality.... Oh what a lovely, rainy day still. Not much on the agenda today.... thinking of making myself a wrap for a late lunch. My cereal held me longer than I thought it would and I'm finally getting hungry. Teach piano at 4:30 and going to get my hair and eyebrows done at 7. Finally a day to relax!!!!

Maybe I should go eat and do my Hip Hop Abs. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Lisa
Old 05-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/173/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Unhappy Fell off the wagon (temporarily)

Finally up and moving around on this beautiful sunny day (I work nights). I fell off the wagon at work last night...stressful night! I'm a nurse on a very busy 21 bed ICU. I don't even think I went to the bathroom all night . Got up this afternoon and did my workout and am eating right again. I find it difficult to stay on track at work because of the varied routine. My home routine is much easier and more predictable even with 2 little ones running around. I need to start keeping appropriate snacks in my pocket for when I get busy and can't sit down to eat. I need to find a normal job!!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #13  

Good afternoon everyone! I managed to stay OP yesterday and am really proud of myself. It was a really tough day. Today is much better ...

The sun is shining, I got a haircut and color and had a pear bran muffin this morning w/out triggering any cravings. It hit me that the pool is opening THIS MONTH and I'll be in a bathing suit in public THIS MONTH -- if that doesn't keep me in line I don't know what will!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Tif and Rhonda, it could be worse. You could live in Hawai'i where you can't even buy an apartment for $172,000. The average price for affordable housing is now mid $400,000. That's right affordable. Let's not even talk about homeowners insurance or the cost of living. The only benefit I'd have to say is that sales tax is still 4% of course that is just one way they tax you there.
Thank God my mom is going to sell me our family home when we finally get to go back to Hawai'i or I would never be able to buy one.
By the way, GA is at 94 today at least it's not muggy though. During the summer it's over a 100 and so humid it's hard to breathe or at least that's how it was in August, 2006.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #15  

Height: 4'10"

Hi all...I see everyone is doing great...Lets all keep up the great work....been a few days since I was online so have alot to catch up on...We are in PA, around the Harrisburg area right now, will be here a few days...Company we are leased to bought in lunch for us today, sooooooooooooo, off plan I ate, did not want to seem ungreatful....I promise..........I will do better tomorrow. Told hubby I have to go home, so I can set at my sewing machine and take in all my pants.............Is that not great... ...I am not going to buy any right now, want to wait a couple more months, besides I do not have summer clothes with me right now, so I have shorts, etc I can wear, but at home....
Closed Thread