South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #1  

Default Thinking about getting the book

Hi

I am thinking about getting the South beach book and following it. I have tried WW and various things only to fail, but this time my mind is in the right spot, it's not if I loose the weight, it's now I will loose this weight! I would just like to know input from people who are following it? THanks
Old 04-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #2  
Michael Ann 1973

Personally, SBD is the easiest and best way for me to lose weight. You truly eat healthier and feel better. There is no counting or weighing or anything like that. I still go to WW meetings and weigh in and I guess you could call SBD a modified core program, except you can eat more carbs.

SBD is not low carb, it is healthy carb.

I promise that if you get the book and spend a couple of hours reading it you will totally get why it works and if you're like me, you will get really excited about it and be ready to start.

I wish you all the best
Old 04-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Southbeach works! Please do pick up the book and please do join us each day for that extra motivation and support. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:30 PM   #4  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

South beach does work. It's also makes it easy to keep the healthier life style, because you eat healthy real food the whole time. South beach also helps your body rid itself of systemic yeast overgrowth wich causes a bunch of annoying problems like acne, allergies, and overall feeling of crappyness. It is very do able.

Good luck...
Old 04-26-2007, 05:48 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

rbvbailey, DEFINITELY get the book!!! That's the way to do it...you really need to read the book to get this plan and do it well.

It works amazingly...I've never kept to a diet more than a couple months before and I've been on SBD for three years, today (I believe it's today...if not, it's a day at the end of April). I've lost more than 120 pounds (I gained some back by going off plan for three weeks over vacations and holidays in Nov. and Dec.). It's an amazing, super-healthy way to eat. Hope you'll join us here for extra help as you read and think about the plan. Also check out the P1 and 2 "Foods to Enjoy and Avoid" lists in the FAQ...they've changed since the book came out and you'll want the updated ones, which we have.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I think that Sb is a great diet and very easy to stick to. If you are really unsure about buying the book borrow it from your local library or check out a used book store. You might find it on sale, so, if you decide that you don't want to do the diet you won't be out of a lot of money. I don't own the book but I have read it. My mother bought it and I used hers for awhile. You can also find most of the info in the book online, if you don't mind taking the time and doing the searches. I do think that the cookbooks are great to own.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

rbvbailey! This is a very do-able and healthy way of eating! I look forward to you joining us!
Closed Thread