South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous Friday... and a Good one too

Happy Good Friday, everyone! My company gives us Good Friday as a holiday which is always nice. And I'm done working for the night so I'm about to head to bed. I am definitely working too much though. I went to Roundtable tonight and wondered where everyone was. I checked my calendar and sure enough, Roundtable is next week! Oh, well, at least it wasn't too far from home.

I got quite a bit accomplished this week and I don't have to work Friday night or Sunday morning which is unusual. We are spending Easter with another family so I need to figure out what dish to bring. She's making a beef roast and she can't eat any artificial sweeteners which limits things a bit. I'll figure out something though.

I've got my alarm turned off and Brian stayed up until 11 (no school tomorrow either) so I'm hoping to sleep in.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

TGIF!

Barb, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be able to sleep in this morning and get that much needed sleep. You definitely work too much! Try to have a restful and blessed Easter weekend.

I have a lot to try to get done today, such as going to the bank, getting groceries, and trying to clean my house. Hopefully the girls will cooperate so I can get it all done. They've been getting along great all week, which has made my days a breeze. I know Amber has been really enjoying hanging out with her Grandmom all week and getting to go to Audrey & Maggie's every day. None of the girls are looking forward to getting back on their regular schedule next week.

What are everyone's plans for Easter? We're having my side of the family here for dinner, but everyone is bringing a dish. I'm supplying the ham and my sweet potato souffle. Jake always organizes an Easter egg hunt for the kids, either outside or indoors, depending on the weather. We'll have a houseful, but I love it. Easter is an extra special holiday in my opinion, a time for rebirth and renewal. Isn't it great that it comes in the spring?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, it would be nice to have Easter in the Spring but it sure is not going to happen around here! We are cold and snowy for the next three days although I'm hoping they are wrong. The poor Easter Bunny will have to be a snowshoe hare to deliver those eggs.

The Seder Supper was interesting last night although it went on way too late for this old babe! My knee was really giving me grief so I made my excuses at 9 and drove home. They were just on dessert at that point! We did not have the traditional four cups of wine, just some horrible sugary grape juice, and I sure didn't want to throw a sugary fruit salad on top of that! I am amazed that the planners used so much sugar when so many of the congregation are diabetic - three out of the six at our table!

Today there is an ecumenical Church service here in town that I'll attend and then the rest of the weekend is for relaxation! My son and DIL did ask me for dinner but it's at their cottage (!!!) which is up in the Gatineau hills and a two hour very bumpy and uncomfortable drive from their house which is 90 minutes from here to begin with! I just can't see a total of seven hours of driving for an Easter dinner. We'll get together later in the month - here!

The Girls are finished playing in the snow and are woofing to come in so I'm outta here.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

SB Chicks
Old 04-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #5  

Hoppy Friday all!

Sounds like everbunny has lots of plans for the Easter Weekend. It'll just be me and DH but I have a beautiful spiral ham that I'll cook up. Holidays are hardest when you live far from the Fam.
I'm enjoyin my mornin cawfee, watching the birds swarm the feeder and admiring the dogwood trees a bloomin! Other than that nuthin much happenin down here!
Off to do a Sudoku puzzle, fill up my and then hit the again
Old 04-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm so envious, Schatzi! It just started to snow again!
I love dogwood but mine doesn't flower until June! It's in the Dog Garden, of course.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:35 AM   #7  

Morning gals!

Cottage Sounds like a nice weekend that you have planned. My kids love the Easter Egg hunt. Abigail has already done 3 this Easter season.

Ruth I don't blame you for not wanting to make that trek- esp if the weather is about to get bad in your area.

Schatzi I am sure that it stinks to be away from family during the holidays. I am sure you and DH will make it special.

Barb Yeah for rest! You so need it. What is up with this weather they are anticipating for the weekend?? UGH!

Me- DH just left for work, so it is the girls and I for the day. I am not exactly what we are going to do. Our weeks have been pretty busy, so I am actually content to hang out around the house to get some stuff done. Abigail has made some friends in the neighborhood that she has a blast with. It is hard, though, because she still is only 5, so I can't just let her go out and play without me there. These other kids run around without parents, but it just makes me nervous.

Our Easter plans are church in the morning and then the in-laws for dinner. I think she is ordering a ham dinner so she doesn't have to mess with cooking. I certainly understand that. I think I will make my yummy spinach salad to take along for a side.

I am hoping to go to the church service they are having tonight, but DH needs to get home in time. I didn't see anywhere that they were providing childcare, so I need him home with the girlies. I have never been to a Good Friday service, so I really want to go.

My eating has been so off that I have avoided posting much.... I know we all go through these times, but I am so frustrated with myself. I am up a good solid 8 pounds or so from the beginning of the school year. I know what needs to happen to pull it together- I just need to do it!

Okay, off to get more coffee.....
Old 04-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #8  

Height: 4'10"

Talking

Good Friday Morning to all, cloudy and chilly again here this morning hopefully it will warm up, but they are calling for rain all weekend long.

I could not stand it no longer I got on the scales this morning and I am down 5 lbs YIPEEEEEEEEE for me....

We were sure wanting to go fishing this weekend before we go back to work. I have to finish getting the truck ready to go, load clothes, make the beds back up, wash rugs...etc....Since I have been off the truck for 2 wks, and 2 men in it, EVERYTHING needs a good cleaning....

Everyone have a great beachy day.....
Old 04-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Friday morning everyone!

Barb: I'm glad you get to sleep in this morning! I know you could really use the days off. Good luck finding an Easter recipe!

Cottage: Those girls are so lucky to have you in their lives! And you're always bragging on how great they are, so I'm sure they won't give you any problems as you get your errands finished. Your Easter celebration sounds wonderful!

Ruth: I'm glad your supper was okay. How did your chicken go over? I agree that it was a bit incosiderate of the planners to neglect the needs of the congregation. I surely understand you not wanting to make that drive up to the cottage -- sounds like a lot of work for a meal you could have at home.

Leenie!

Schatzi: Sounds like things are nice where you are! Hope you and DH enjoy that spiral ham -- I bet it'll be delicious!

Kiko: I hope you and the girls enjoy your day of rest at home! Is your yummy spinach salad SB-friendly? If it is, I'd love the recipe. DH loves spinach, but I just don't know what to do with it!

txshortfuse: WTG on your loss of five lbs! Doesn't it feel great?? Keep up the great work and enjoy your fishing trip.

ME: I slept in until 10 this morning. I couldn't believe it! Oh well, at least I enjoyed it. After this I'm going to start cleaning the house and packing all our little trinkets and what-not. We'll keep packing through the next two weeks. We still haven't heard anything on the house, but we have to move regardless.

DH is out running errands. He needed his haircut for the wedding tomorrow and he went to the grocery store for me. We're on our own this Easter, so he's getting some good rib-eyes and we'll grill them with some veggie packets for Easter dinner. Yummo!

Well, I'm going to peruse the boards for another couple of minutes and then get started on everything. Have a great Friday, everyone!

~Kim
Old 04-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello chicks, late posting today, got up at the usual time, did some laundry general cleaning took oldest dd to her dance practice/bque and youngest is at her friends house. The house is so nice and quiet and I didn't have to fight for the computer. Our Easter will be quiet as well. Just bought a small ham and we will have lots of veggies and potatoes dh and the girls. I have a bit of a nagging headache today. Well I am off dh and I are going for a walk. Have a great day.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #11  
Working for the Cruise!

Hey girls! Been really busy as of late, not a lot of time to make it to the library for posts!

However, I have been in and out reading and getting recipes. Megan and I started P1 April 1st and we're doing great!

DH wants $1000 for the new computer....grrr...oh, well, the last one was really good to us for years.

Good luck to all of you! Happy Easter!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls. Moo. Sorry I haven't been around in awhile. I've been overwhelmed with everything life's been throwing at me lately, and my weight has gone up because of it. I've been on the road a lot for work, and it's tough eating out all the time. I'm doing a Ph1 detox until Wednesday when I leave for Kentucky again, and while I'm there, I may add a grain or fruit but I'm going to try to be good. Gaining as much weight in one week as I did is tough.

Hope all is well with you girls. Have missed you and your listening ears. DH and I are still not well. Will go into that some other time. Need to get ready to meet my mom. Talk soon.

Lisa
Old 04-06-2007, 07:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Weezle! ~ It's great to have you back! So sorry to hear that you and your DH are still having troubles, and I pray that everything will work out for the best for you.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:33 PM   #14  

Weezle I, too, am sorry to hear that you and DH aren't doing well. You are both in my prayers as I know how hard that is. Love ya girl!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:53 PM   #15  

Weezle - Sorry to hear about you and your DH. I've had my share of troubles in the past.

Kiko - What is this about snow? This is Texas! We've got the Richardson Trash Bash at 9 tomorrow and the wind chill is supposed to be 29! Yuck! And then we have friends picking up Brian and I at 4 to head to Arlington for the Rangers game. 3 boys in our pack won pavilion parties for selling so much popcorn. We have to wear our uniforms. Based on the weather forecast we will be dealing with snow during the game. I've never been to a baseball game in the snow before.

Me - I got to bed around 12:30 or so. Dh wanted to talk so I stayed up later than I should have. Brian woke up at 7. He let me sleep for an hour longer and by then I was awake (but still tired). I got quite a bit accomplished today. I even made it by the Fire Marshall's office and got my burn permit for summer camp. I got two patches sewn on my scout jacket but I still need to change out the red buttons for the bone buttons that the staff are given. I printed out color pictures and instructions for tying the woggle and laminated them so they are ready. Brian spent much of the day watching Star Trek Voyager episodes that DH had taped. I like that he likes sci fi as much as we do but I wish he hadn't watched so much TV. He did finish making construction paper furniture for his project due on Tuesday. He's getting good with a hot glue gun. I'd better go get us to bed now. Tomorrow is a busy day.
Closed Thread