South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 481/450.2/180

Height: 5'10"

Default Weight GAIN in Phase 1????? HELP!

Hi! I started Phase One with nearly 300 pounds to lose (actually right at it!). My husband has nearly 100 to lose.

We did SB over 2 years ago and he was near goal, I lost 65 pounds. Obviously, we went back to our old ways... we now are nearing the end of Phase One. I've dropped (although I know it's water mostly, I am still happy!) a little over 20 pounds so far.

However, my husband has GAINED! We (and I know this for sure) are eating the exact same things!!!!!!! He has been home with me the whole time, we have eaten the same, go to bed the same time, etc. etc. We haven't yet added in much exercise. He's done a little, I've done nothing more than walking in Wal-mart. lol

He is frustrated and ready to try a different plan-although determined to lose the weight.

ANYONE have advice?!?!??!??
Old 04-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

ApGirl, and your DH, too!

Wow, 20 lbs lost on Phase 1! Whether it's water weight or not, 20 lbs is 20 lbs, gone!
As for your DH gaining, I'm not really sure why. It could be his body just readjusting itself to his new way-of-eating. I can certainly understand how fustrating it must be to him , and I commend him to sticking with it. Just think of the good things he is doing to his body now with the changes in his lifestyle. I'll bet that he will eventually see a big loss all the sudden, once his body adjusts itself.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 481/450.2/180

Height: 5'10"

Thanks! I am thrilled! It is very frustrating to him I can tell. He is extra frustrated I am sure because he lost so quickly the first time (2 years ago). We are mid 30's, and I told him it gets harder the older we are. lol STILL, this is frustrating. I think perhaps he should stick with a few more days and then see a doctor to make sure it's not medical????????
Closed Thread