3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Maniacal Monday Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/106328-maniacal-monday-chat.html)

Barb0522 03-05-2007 02:30 PM

littlechick - I hope you feel better soon.

My 3 tots - I know all about the Daylight Savings time changing. We've been working every maintenance weekend for weeks now putting patches on computers to get them ready. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly but we will just have to wait and see.

Kiko - I suppose it seem strange given that I work on computers all day but I actually do my taxes by hand. I think I trust it that way more than computers. We've paid off enough of our house that we can't itemize so it isn't that difficult.

Stephanie Osborne 03-05-2007 04:12 PM

Ok so far so good. Started Phase 1 today. The night time is always my biggest challenge so stay tuned for my report tomorrow lol. I am just waiting for today to be over. I am so over being at work right now. Want to get home and get my run in. I am training for a 5k in May and I am waaaay behind so far.

AdiaFaith – Your cruising too? Where are you going? I am going to Catalina in May what a wonderful motivator eh?

Ruth – that would drive me nuts. I am such an instant gratification girly 90 seconds is waay to long. Hope you figure it out.

Littlechick – Hope you feel better!

Bionic Beach Babe 03-05-2007 05:03 PM

Afternoon Girls. I finally got here..Busy morning here in CA.

The sun is out...got my taxes done and all good news on that front...Valcumed my car out, cleaned house. etc.

Welcome back Sis!!!! I also gained 3 lbs with you gone...me and Amiee both....all your fault for not suffering right along with us.

I tried a Fried Califlower dish and it is out standing....looks just like rice..and stays that way....I used Chicken this time instead of the swimp...so very good and legal.

On tract today...Best to you all.

Love Ya Sis. Lu

AdiaFaith 03-05-2007 06:03 PM

Mythreetots - I'm in Upstate New York. Corning actually, glass capital of the US!

Steph - Mine is a bit farther off. We're going to the Cayman Islands in January. It's a great motivation. I'm in a wedding in June as well, so double-timing it here!

kestrel 03-05-2007 07:31 PM

Hi ladies! Newbie here, I just joined. I'm starting SBD today, skipping Phase 1 because I'm nursing my 7 month old DD and 2.5 year old DS. I now weigh more than I did the day after DD was born so I realized that I need to make a change. My husband has been at sea for the past several months and I've been making some very unhealthy food choices. Let's just say that my DS now thinks that lunch is always handed to us through the car window, yikes!

AdiaFaith 03-05-2007 07:55 PM

Hello kestrel! A great big South Beach :welcome: to you!

Please start a new thread and introduce yourself to the forum as not everyone pops into the daily chat!

cottagebythesea 03-05-2007 09:11 PM

Hey Everyone!
I'm here, it's just been a whirlwind of a day with non-stop appointments, phone calls to make, plus the normal Monday activities. Whew, I'm bushed!

Thanks for your concern, Kiko, but I'm almost totally recovered from my cold. I just have a pesky cough now.

:welcome2: Back, Steffie! and :welcome3: kestral!

I'll be here bright and early tomorrow morning, I've not had a moment to myself all day today, and I want to read a chapter or two before bedtime. :)

And, OH!, I almost forgot! We just found out that our newest grandchild (due August 1) is going to be A BOY!!! After 3 granddaughters and caregiver of 2 girls, I'm not going to know how to act with a grandson!!

SwimGirl 03-06-2007 01:33 AM

First post in this huge group..

I am doing pretty horrible I would say, sticking to phase 2 pretty good, but since I added exercise I'm gaining like CRAZY! This morning I was up 3-4 pounds, I vowed to keep up the exercise for 2 weeks, but if my clothes keep getting tighter and scale keeps going up, I might drop it. This weight loss stuff is pretty tricky at times! Hopefully I can keep it all up when we go away this weekend, vacations can be hard for me to stay on plan!

lubajo - you gained as well? We gotta get it off somehow! No more gaining, time for some losing! Send that sun my way please!

-Aimee

AdiaFaith 03-06-2007 07:20 AM

Swimgirl, I hear you, SERIOUSLY. I'm going in to weigh in this morning and we'll see how it goes. Since I added exercise in I've been gaining as well. Just remember that you are gaining muscle and that muscle will burn more fat. Let's be lean mean Beachers!

MyThreeTots 03-06-2007 12:16 PM

Hi, Kestrel! Welcome!