3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Maniacal Monday Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/106328-maniacal-monday-chat.html)

AdiaFaith 03-05-2007 08:37 AM

Maniacal Monday Chat

Happy AM to you ladies! :coffee:

Feels weird to be the first one to start off this week....hmmmm.....My bedroom window faces the east, and my side of the bed always gets that morning sunshine. It's nice to wake up all warm and cuddly with the sun after such dismal days last week. Just checked the weather, high of 26°, feels like 16°! Oh well, time to dawn the scarf and gloves for another day. :dizzy:

Anyway, up, around, and getting ready for my Monday. I plan on leaving a touch early this morning to pick up a latte....cuz I want one gosh darn it! ;) Classes start at 10 and I'm back home at 3:00 or so. Then it's off to the gym. :lifter: I didn't go yesterday as I was just exhausted from the week. I'll stop in at the library on my way home to return some stuff and grab the next audio book on my list. Just finished Bridget Jones and I loved it. :love:

I still need to do my weekly cleaning. The workout should energize me to hop right into it. Also going to try to get some cooking done for the week. :chef: Freezer isn't in bad shape yet, but I need to portion out some things in the fridge and get them into the freezer as well.

Ended up making raspberry wine in class last week. Some guy was already doing blueberry and I wouldn't want to be unoriginal! Going in to check on the fermentation today.

Here's to smooth sailing for this lovely March day. :drinkup:

Ruthxxx 03-05-2007 08:47 AM

Oh dear! My Internet connection is unstable and very slow this morning. I got in once to post but it took 3 minutes to get into this thread! Oy! Not a good start to Monday.

My eating wasn't stellar this wedding weekend - yesterday ended up being leftover day - but I'm back on track today and didn't gain anything. Today will be spent doing The Big Domestic and paying some bills. My 2006 tax year got reassessed. They now want the $400 bucks BACK that they refunded in July! I knew my return was right! I used to work for Revenue so KNOW how to calculate my taxes. Maybe I'll include a not to that effect in this year's return!

Adia, it looks like we are back into winter for a bit this week. Later today I'll load up my woodbox again. You sound like you have a productive day planned - I must go and do likewise!

Have a wonderful Monday whatever you have planned.

amasam 03-05-2007 08:51 AM

Good morning, finishing breakfast (and my latte) after working out. Classes are back in session today which means work is back in full force. I think I am happy about it - having a schedule certainly helps me to stay on plan and stick to my excercise plan - last week was less than susccessful, with a couple of cheats. Here is to a new week.

We did buy a scale yesterday (the first I have ever owned). It has me down two pounds - yeah! I will weigh in more often this week to get a baseline and see if those results could be true!

Off to the shower and back to the winter clothes - today's high 28, tomorrow 14 :eek: .

Ally

Barb0522 03-05-2007 09:38 AM

Adia - Have fun at the gym. I got to spend over an hour there and it felt good. I wish I could find time to take some exercise classes as I think those help me work harder.

Ruth - I still need to do my taxes. They aren't due until April 15th but I'd like to get them done earlier since I always get money back. But when to find the time? Good luck with your internet connection. I hate it when mine is flaky.

amasan - I like being able to weight at home since I can do it before my shower and I don't have to worry about variation based on clothing and what I have eaten or had to drink that day.

Me - I'm hoping I can accomplish a lot at work today. I don't have a lot of meetings so I am hopeful. I need to politefully ask again about the last bit of information I need from the council before I can print out my camp flyers. I need the registration forms stuffed in envelopes before Thursday night. I probably only need about 60 right now but I must have those questions.

Kiko 03-05-2007 09:45 AM

Morning girls!

Ahhhh.... my girls slept in past 8:00 today, it felt heavenly! I stayed up "late" with DH last night, drinking some wine and watching a movie. It was nice. :) It is those quiet, unplanned moments that bring me back to reality and make me realize that we are going to be okay. :hug:

Adia I like to do audio books on long road trips. I admire your no TV household. I don't watch much, but wouldn't want to give up Grey's Anatomy on Thursdays.

Ama That is awesome that your weight is down! High of 28 sounds down right miserable to me. :shocksn:

Ruth Hope your 'puter problems sort themselves out. I need to do some domestic chores myself. I think I am going to wait until tomorrow to hit it hard. I am having some people over from school on Wednesday, so will wait until the last minute so the house looks more sparkly. ;)

Me- We have a picnic playdate with friends today at 11:30 and then I am not sure what our plan is for the remainder of the day. Meg missed her nap yesterday since they were at a friend's, so we will certainly be home for a nap. We may bum around with my mom for awhile afterwards... who knows!

Dinner at my girlfriend's last night could have been on plan, but I didn't make it that way! The chios and salsa are what I messed myself up on. Today is a new day... ( I sure seem to be saying that a lot lately!)

Okay, I need to rustle something up for breakfast...

gettinittogether 03-05-2007 09:46 AM

Good Monday Morning! Hubby and I have been on SB for a week now. We won't weigh until next week. We thought every 2 weeks would be best on weighing because it can play funny things with my mind if I don't do what I expect. Yesterday was a baking day! SB baking that is. I found this wonderful recipe that is nothing but protein...egg. It makes a wonderful "fake bread" for mornings. I just finished a turkey sausage sandwich with it. I also made some sweet ones with cinnamon and Splenda. It taste wonderful. When it is time for strawberries in a month or so it will make a wonderful short cake. Everyone have a great week. Here is the recipe if anyone is interested. I got it somewhere here.....I just can't find where. I renamed it just because I didn't copy the name off and like I said I can't find the recipe on here again!! :dizzy: I changed the recipe just slightly.

Make Believe Bread

4 eggs whites
4 egg yolks
1/8 teaspoon cream of tarter
1/3 cup sour cream (I use NO FAT kind).

Beat the whites and cream of tater till stiff in a small bowl.
In a tiny bowl mix egg yolks with sour cream and spices of your choice.

In a small frying pan sprayed with Pam add a couple of teaspoons of
dried onions, and a teaspoon of grinded garlic. I use the kind in a jar.
Brown. Add about half to the yolk mixture.
I also shake a little dill into mixture, along with a couple of shakes of onion powder and garlic powder.
DO NOT USE SALT! OR Onion or garlic salt.....use the powder.
Mix yolk mixture and then fold into whites. Pour into muffin tins that has been sprayed
well with Pam.
This will fill six muffin top pans. Spinkle the rest of the onion/garlic over tops.

Bake 325 for 45 minutes They will slide right out of the muffin tins when done.

FOR a sweet version I used Davinci vanilla syrup, about 1 teaspoon. 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and about
1/2 cup of Splenda. I also mixed cinnamon and Splenda together and spinkled over the tops.
You could use all kinds of flavorings. Lemon, almond, add cocoa powder, etc.

Stephanie Osborne 03-05-2007 09:48 AM

IM BACK! I used to post on here quite some time ago actually. This was the first forum I started posting in when I joined 3fc. Anyway I am back on the beach and looking for some like minded chickies so I thought I would return. Nice to see some familiar faces!

Kiko 03-05-2007 09:52 AM

Hey Barb!

We were posting at the same time. I weigh at home, in the morning as well...
I sent my taxes on Saturday. Do you use Turbo Tax? I do it online and then they direct deposit your return. Most of ours will go to bills, but it makes me feel better knowing we can catch up on a few things. We have been so strapped that I do think we will set aside a bit of it for fun. I really just want a new outfit- it has been a VERY long time since I haven't gotten anything new. :)

Kiko 03-05-2007 10:48 AM

:welcome3: back Steph! It is good to "see" you back. :)

Sue Morning to you!!

Cottage Where are you?? Hope you are feeling okay, I know that it has been touch and go this week with you and not feeling well. :hug:

I am sure you all will get sick of seeing me around since I am on vacay this week I will have a lot more time to post. Gotta hit the shower... just ate a yummy asparagus and mozz cheese omelet. YUM!

soon2Bfab 03-05-2007 11:07 AM

Morning all.....thought I would swing by quickly. I have to get to work (grr) I'm off tomorrow, so there will be a long er post then. Take care

AdiaFaith 03-05-2007 11:24 AM

Looks like I just missed the morning rush! My 11 am class was canceled so I'm taking the extra time to get prepped for my Step Aerobics class at noon. (Need lots of water).

Ruth - So much for my morning sunshine, it's snowing! :mad: The Big Domestic......what a wonderful way to put it! I can't even tell you how far behind I am. My taxes came out nice and pretty this year for a change. First year of marriage.....ahh, tax-bliss! :)

Barb - Morning to you! I love the gym right now. However, it took me a long time of small add ons to make it a REAL priority in my day-to-day. Since November I've been slowly adding on. I do take a step class for college "gym" credit, and that makes fitness easier. Your schedule always seems to be spontaneous; suppose that's how it is with kiddos..... Beachgal and I may get to take a class together here in the spring! How exciting!

Amasam - Lucky you on the scale!!!

Kiko - As an English major I love books, can't help it. I used to watch House religiously so I understand not wanting to miss that one show. Over the past few years of living on my own I've found that the TV calls to me. It tells me to sit on my butt and eat lots of popcorn. So by taking it away, I stop that voice and pay one less bill! ;)

Gettin - Curious about the texture of your recipe. :chin: If you like it, you should post it in the recipe section of this forum.

Welcome back Steph!

Morning to you Soon2B!

UGG, the guy below me died a few months back and he used to smoke this cigarettes that were the worst smelling things I've ever been exposed to. Of course, that smoke used to waft up through my doorway and into my stairwell. I would spend all of my time cleaning that area and trying to deodorize. His death was sad, as he was a nice man, but expected. When he died, the smell stopped and I was so excited. HOWEVER, I've been coming home to that smell again this month and have just now realized that the guy who moved in next door smokes the same things! What really kills me about it is that these guys ALWAYS smoke the things outside, as if they don't want their flats to smell all gross!!!! Ok, truly done venting that frustration now......:faint:

Ruthxxx 03-05-2007 11:30 AM

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! It takes me 90 seconds to get into a website! My modem is constipated! I will take it in to the ISP tomorrow. Today is going to be rather frustrating as I have lots of online work to do.

By the way, I meant my 2005 taxes had been reassessed. I've not done the 2006 ones yet.

Welcome back, Steph.

I'm hanging on to this connection by a thread so will post this fast!

MyThreeTots 03-05-2007 12:58 PM

Good morning!

I'm doing well this morning except (TMI) I'm suffering pretty badly with constipation these past 3-4 days. I took milk of magnesia. I've been down this road before and nothing natural works for me (although magnesia could technically be considered natural). But everything else is fine. I'm full and content and the food is delicious. I'm halfway through Phase I and am down about 6 lbs.

I don't know everybody yet so I'll just answer a couple people.

AidaFaith, snow!!! Where are you located? Sometimes I miss snow. Not driving in it or shoveling it, but the fabulous quiet blanket of it, and how it looks across the line in a solid blanket of white before the kids get to it! And how ice looks on the bare trees.

Ruth, don't you just hate backed-up internet connections? It's so annoying to wait and wait and wait...aaaaaaaaaaaaaand wait......:dizzy: All the while going, "Please load. Please load." I hope your connection gets better since I really love your input and advice already!

So who's wacked out about daylight savings changing? I mean of course this will make it easier since it will be a set time each year, but it sure surprised the heck out of me. Someone on another board told me about it. I would have just shown up at my son's school at 7 next Monday with nobody there! :D

little chick 03-05-2007 01:12 PM

Hey chicks, just a quick pop in for me. You will probably see me pop in from time to time for the next week or so. I am having a health thing going on right now and I just need to get my head wrapped around it and keep my fingers crossed the it is all related to having a cold and sinus thing. Anyway I have not given up like I said just need to get my thoughts into order. Take care LC

MyThreeTots 03-05-2007 01:33 PM

littlechick, I hope you feel better soon. :hug: