South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #1  

Default gym = gain more weight ?!

Hi !

I really need help here..
I'm doing the south beach for about a month now and I'm really happy with it... Losing weight here and there...
But two weeks ago I returned to the gym and since then I gained a few Lbs back !!!!

How can it be ?

I'm not eating more !!!
What am I doing wrong ?
Old 01-23-2007, 05:12 PM   #2  

Well, I can't say if you are doing anything wrong or right but this happened to my sister about a year ago after losing some weight. It was that she had been working out regularly and remember muscle weighs more than fat! She had actually toned up and that is where her few extra pounds were. That is all I can tell you...perhaps someone will be able to help you more in case there is something in your diet that isn't quite right.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Matt-I dont know what your start weight is/vs weight loss/fluctuations-but hang in there-it is most likely muscle gain and therefore far healthier for you, as the muscle continues to develop it will assist with loss as it burns more calories just existing. I have been eating pretty much on plan (ok maybe not enough veggies) and working out like -well like a wild woman-but havent lost too much-but I am OK with it-am seeing definition and clothes fitting loser-I would suggest taking a tape measure and recording everything-even if the scale isnt moving-betcha theres progress!
best of luck
WW
Old 01-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #4  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Sometimes when you are working out and lifting the muscle holds water. Start using a tape measure that will tell you if you are really losing fat.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #5  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

In addition to all that...make sure you're eating enough. If your workouts are strenuous, you're burning a lot of calories. If you're not eating enough, your body starts to think you're trying to starve it and will hang onto every little bit it can get its grubby little paws on. I'd suggest writing down your intake for a few days and enter it into fitday or something similar to check your calorie level.
Closed Thread