South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #1  
Supermommy to Jojo

Height: 5'3

Default Cheated, feeling guilty...must confess!

UGH! I cheated last night and feel so bad...It was day 10 of phase I and I think I've been doing pretty well...strayed a tiny bit (and when I say a "tiny" bit, I mean I've had some carby veggies like some corn and carrots, nothing too major) but last night, we went out to dinner, did well on dinner, but this place had AWESOME looking sundaes and ice cream, which is my weakness, I LOVE ice cream...so of course my husband gets a big sundae and we get a little one for my daughter too...so I COULN'T HELP IT...so I got No-Sugar-Added vanilla ice cream..asked for one scoop, but DAMN, it was a big serving and I polished it off! The guilt I feel this morning is crazy! WAAA!
Old 01-07-2007, 10:19 AM   #2  
Sionnan

Height: 5'9"

Caryn,

I was reading The Parade magazine in the Sunday paper this morning because it has a special edition about getting fit and dieting. It states that you need to allow your self a treat. "It's natural to splurge now and then, just don't use it as an excuse to binge."

Myself, I have felt guilty after a splurge and just given up. So I just continue to eat with my bad habits and never change, gaining more weight or not losing any. When if I had just continued on with my new eating habits, I am that much better off. Maybe I loose a little less that week, maybe I loose it the next week. Chalk it up to a slurge and go on. Don't let the guilt make you change your goals!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Caryn, just be super careful for the rest of Phase I and perhaps extend it a few more days. Ditch the guilt! We are all human!

Sionnan, and thanks for the good advice.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #4  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Caryn,

When I did phase 1 I ate sugar-free icecream at least twice a week and did not know that it was cheating-so I lost only around 11 lbs. Did I also mention that during those first two weeks I ate Wendys fries, maybe a hamburger--I might have had a frosty too--cannot honestly remember. So I cheated with sugar free icecream and once and with really 'fat' food

Point being, that if I had not 'cheated' I probably would have lost more...but I got right back 'on the wagon' and continued on. As you can see from my tracker I have lost 17 lbs. since I started the last week of October. 15 lbs. of it was during the last week of Oct. and all of Nov. Only 1 lb. in Dec. and so far 1lb. this month.

Believe me I have had lots of 'cheat meals'. December was terrible I ate candy (not S.F.) cookies, etc... like crazy. I started baking S.F. cookies just so I would not eat regular cookies. Just last week I ate pizza--two days ago we ate at the chinese buffet...(although I did not pig-out like I use too) I am still losing weight because my habits are changing. I have learned that a 'cheat' does not mean pig-out. Instead of eating four or five pieces of pizza now I stay SB, or when I don't I only eat two pieces of pizza.

The important thing is that I have manged to stick with this eating plan (most days) and have turned it into a lifestyle that I can live with. I understand that sometimes I will do really good and other times I won't. The key is to stay focused on doing good a whole lot more than doing bad. If you don't do well on one meal purpose in your heart to do better on the next meal and then continue on.

Just don't give up. Also if you don't exersize now try adding something easy such as walking to your plan--it really helps alot.

TwoPeas
Closed Thread