South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone,
I got the stroller for the "girls" today Now if it ever quits snowing we will be ready to get in some serious walking outside!! I also got the new Walk Away The Pounds DVD today so I can add those to my routine that I already have going. I'm really hoping that by the time that it gets nice enough to use the stroller I won't look like a goodyear blimp pushing it!! Ginger and Sissy aren't to sure about it yet but I think once they have been around it a bit and realize they are going somewhere when they are in it they will be excited about it.

Sure hope everyone is having a good evening and I was just excited about getting both the stroller and the new DVD's today!!
Will catch you all tomorrow.
Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 06-08-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:41 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 4' 11"

Hi My name is Joyce and I have three cockatiels a male named prettyboy who talks, and a male and female named prettyboy and sassy. My pair just hatched a baby on Monday, and still have 6 more eggs. I don't know if anymore are going to hatch. They are taking such good care of thier baby. It is getting so big already.
grannyjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:51 PM   #33  

Hi Joyce, I used to have a cockatiel a long time ago and they are so much fun. Mine didn't do anything special but the people I got her from had her parents and they would sing and dance. They were so comical singing Yankee Doodle Dandy!! I wouldn't have any idea how many eggs would hatch, that would be interesting to find out. Have a good evening. Karen
Old 01-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #34  

Such great posts since I last visited! keep the pics coming!
Karen: I didn't know they make stollers for dogs.. Are Ginger and Sassy to small to walk or they have leg problems They are both adorable!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 AM   #35  

Hi Schatzi, Both Ginger and Sissy do walk fine but they get tired long before I am ready to stop walking. I guess if I held them and finished my walk they would be about 13 extra pounds that I would be working with But I saw this stroller and figured that it would be so nice to have and then they could go on the walks with me when I join the "walking group" as soon as it warms up enough and gets rid of some of thissnow around here! Right now even in town there isn't any place to walk. I did find out last year that Sissy, my sable one, does have knee problems. The vet. said that they may never get bad enough to bother her but if they do it will require surgery. I'm hoping that she never has to have that and for right now she runs and plays real hard and shows no signs of having bad knees.

Have a good day and WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Karen
Old 02-17-2007, 12:31 AM   #36  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, Karen, that's a great idea...my friend's little dog get's totally tuckered out about 2/3 of the way through her walk...and she ends up having to carry her dog...so it's strength training, too!

DH fed our dog a slice of starfruit tonight. It was hilarious! She wasn't sure if she liked it...she didn't want us to take it away, but she didn't want to eat it, either. She kept baring her teeth and trying to nip at it. What a riot! (we are obviously easily amused... )
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote