Old 03-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/133/115

Height: 5'2"

Default My Super Low Cal Heart Vegetable Soup!

6 carrots
1 large onion
6 stalks celery
4 cloves garlic
1 bunch Kale
2 Bell Peppers
2 Leeks
2 large zucchini
1 bag spinach leaves

1 packet Knorr Chicken Noodle Soup (http://www.knorr.ca/en/products/Prod...NCSUQ9Y3MwMDY=)
**Moderator note - the soup mix is not Beachy. Broth is a better choice for those following SBD**

Or you could do a can of chicken broth, or not use it at all, sometimes I don't. (leaving out the knorr packet will save you 240 calories for the entire recipe, 20 cals per serving)

Water
Salt and pepper

1. Coat 12-quart stockpot (or 2 large saucepans) with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, add carrots, onions, celery, and garlic; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables soften, stirring occasionally.

2. Add Kale, Bell Peppers, Leeks, broth, and water (as much as you like, I pretty much fill my large stock pot), 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (and any other seasoning you like); heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.

3. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. Increase heat to high; stir in zucchini and spinach and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.

There are about 80 calories per large bowl of soup. (Total Recipe = 980 and I put enough water to make enough for 12 servings = 80 cals each)

Yummmmy and so good for you! Enjoy!

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-21-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Aldergrove BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

The soup mix is not South Beach friendly at all, and definitely not Phase 1.
Ingredients:
Wheat noodles, corn syrup solids, monosodium glutamate, salt, flavour & artificial flavour, chicken fat, hydrolyzed corn protein, freeze dried chicken meat, onion powder, yeast extract, dried parsley, spices & spice extract, natural colour, disodium guanylate, disodium inosinate, hydrolyzed yeast/egg proteins, modified milk ingredients.

It look s like a great recipe using broth instead.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote