Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 01:29 AM   #1  

Angry corn soup

I just started Weight Watchers today and I am looking for a corn soup that is not high in points. Could anyone help me with this. Thanks have a great evening.
Old 06-05-2001, 08:24 PM   #2  

Default Corn Chowder

This is one I haven't made in a while. I do not have the point count, but all you have to count is the 1 c. of cream style corn and milk. 1 c. skim milk = 2 pt I do have a can of cream style corn 1 cup 4 pts 6 pts total. I don't know how you could make a corn chowder/soup lower unless you just use plain corn and it would not be very creamy.

Corn Chowder

1 c. cream style corn
1 c. skim milk
1/2 c. thinly sliced celery
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 pkg. chicken flavored instant broth and seasoning mix
1/8 tsp. thyme
1 carrot, cut in matchticks, cooked and drained.

Combine corn, milk, celery, onion, garlic, broth mix and thyme in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat to simmering point, about 5 minutes. Do Not Boil. Heat thorougly. Add carrot
Closed Thread