Old 05-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #1  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Default antipasti

Whether it is served before the meal, with the meal, or as an accompaniment to a glass of wine I could use some ideas for delicious and easy antipasto.

One product I buy ready to eat are Costco's Mediterranean Olive Medley. This jar is filled with a beautiful variety of unpitted olives I didn't even know existed before. It also has whole garlic cloves, red peppers, and other seasonings. The label has come off or I'd post a list of the types.

The jar is about empty so when I buy another, I'll let you know. (I just had a healthy taste of some. )
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #2  
Eat less, taste more

S/C/G: 179/166/128

I have no suggestions for snacks but those olives sound amazing! Now I'm going to have to renew my Costco card...

I could eat a whole jar of olives in a sitting. When I was pregnant I would madly crave salty and sweet and there were mornings I would be eating chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and olives...its good I swear! But I'm guessing, Jayde that thats not really what you had in mind...

Honestly...I know its so not mediterranean lifestyle but I'm terrible for just grabbing whatever at snack time...usually ryevita...although now that I'm doing low carb I'm going more for raw veggies or cheese or deli meat. I'm no help! I better keep up with this thread so my snacks aren't so blah...

Casey
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:52 PM   #3  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHippo
I have no suggestions for snacks but those olives sound amazing! Now I'm going to have to renew my Costco card...
You actually live without a valid Costco card? Imagine!

Chocolate chip cookies and olives.... ooooooooookay... hehe

I'm enjoying olives and wasabi flavored roasted peas... they are Hot hot hot.. so it is hard to even think about overeating.

I didn't drink wine when my kids were little.. but now.. I am thoroughly enjoying myself.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote