Old 02-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #1  

Default Hi, I'm New

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaT
Janice,

Check the stickies at the top of the forum.. lists of Wave 1 and Wave 2 foods. If the item isn't on the list, just ask. As far as prepared foods, you'll have to read the labels and see what is in the foods. We all should be checking labels anyway, so this is good practice. I get a LOT of items from Trader Joe's that are very Sonoma friendly... lots of veggies, whole wheat pastas, whole wheat couscous, egg whites, low fat cottage cheese, tofu cheese etc.. I go there every week on my way home from work and stock up!
Hi, I'm new here. I've been on Atkins for 4 years. I'm also a vegetarian. I've maintained with no problem until recently. I only need to lose 6 pounds to be where I want to be but really don't want to go back to induction on Atkins. I'm looking for the lists of Wave 1 and Wave 2 foods but I don't see the stickies that are mentioned above. Are they there and I'm just missing them or have they been removed? If someone could provide the link I'd really appreciate it. If its gone maybe someone would be kind enough to email it to me.

This looks like a great message board. :love
Dorsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #2  

We were asked by the Sonoma Diet people to remove them so sorry they are no longer available. The only place right now to get this list is in the book, until we are able to post these again.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #3  

I had a feeling that was the case.

Would someone like to PM the list to me?
Old 02-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #4  

If anyone is willing to send them to me as well I would be eternally grateful! I just bought the South Beach stuff and can't afford to buy this one now. As a nursing mother I have to be careful with dieting so as not to upset my milk supply. South Beach has me shaky (so much so that my mom had to come over this morning because I was afraid I was going to drop the baby! A banana saved me and I'm better now.) and I'm thinking Sonoma with healthy carbs allowed from the beginning might be the answer to that.
*Jessica* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #5  

Dorsie
I'm so glad that you posted this question. I was wondering the same thing, but figured it's just becuase I'm computer-challenged and was afraid to ask!
mjmommq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:32 PM   #6  
it's always something

We removed the lists when someone that works for their website mentioned it to us, so we did it as a courtesy for the moment. You can't copyright a list of foods, and we'll probably create a revised list to show the types of foods you can eat. We didn't intend the list as a substitute for the book, just as a guideline for choosing recipes and sharing tips. However, whether we provide the full or partial list, or whether you get it from someone by PM, you still need to buy the book. The book is filled with great tips and ideas, and explanations of the power foods that you should be eating. You can't get any of that from a list, you'll definitely need the book to follow the plan correctly Plus, the book is loaded with delicious recipes! You can check out the book from the library if you don't want to buy it, or get it from Zooba for $9,95 (and free shipping).
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Since you are nursing, I wouldn't do Wave 1

Nursing burns lots of calories anyhow, and I'd be willing to bet most nutritionists would say you really need the fruit right now. I went on Weight Watchers when nursing my youngest child, and I lost eight pounds the first week. It was back in the day of the Exchange Plans, and I ate three fruits per day and still lost weight. You need the extra calories to keep your body from leeching nutrients to make the milk.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
We removed the lists when someone that works for their website mentioned it to us, so we did it as a courtesy for the moment. You can't copyright a list of foods, and we'll probably create a revised list to show the types of foods you can eat. We didn't intend the list as a substitute for the book, just as a guideline for choosing recipes and sharing tips. However, whether we provide the full or partial list, or whether you get it from someone by PM, you still need to buy the book. The book is filled with great tips and ideas, and explanations of the power foods that you should be eating. You can't get any of that from a list, you'll definitely need the book to follow the plan correctly Plus, the book is loaded with delicious recipes! You can check out the book from the library if you don't want to buy it, or get it from Zooba for $9,95 (and free shipping).
I only heard of the diet today on the View. I plan on getting the book if the food lists look like something I can do. Being vegetarian I'm very limited with what diets I can do. I found SBD to be was much too limiting for me. If the food lists look good I'll pick up the book next time I'm at Costco.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsie
I only heard of the diet today on the View. I plan on getting the book if the food lists look like something I can do. Being vegetarian I'm very limited with what diets I can do. I found SBD to be was much too limiting for me. If the food lists look good I'll pick up the book next time I'm at Costco.
You could also check out the recipe forum at the top of the Sonoma Diet area. Would give you some idea. The only part of the plan that might be considered "restrictive" is the first ten days. Wave 1 recipes are okay for the first 10 days and also after that and Wave 2 recipes are only to be used after you complete Wave 1
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #10  
it's always something

The Sonoma diet is very vegetarian friendly I'm not a vegetarian, but I try to only eat seafood, and prefer veg sources of protein. You can eat soy, beans and legumes, peanut butter, etc. The list of vegetables is HUGE and you can eat whole grains from day 1, unlike the SBD. However, you won't eat much dairy on this diet. It's based on the Mediterranean diet, which doesn't include much dairy, and the people there are much healthier.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
The Sonoma diet is very vegetarian friendly I'm not a vegetarian, but I try to only eat seafood, and prefer veg sources of protein. You can eat soy, beans and legumes, peanut butter, etc. The list of vegetables is HUGE and you can eat whole grains from day 1, unlike the SBD. However, you won't eat much dairy on this diet. It's based on the Mediterranean diet, which doesn't include much dairy, and the people there are much healthier.
That's gonna be tough for me. I love cheese, butter and cream. I may just stick with Atkins. Thanks everyone for your replies.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #12  

Default trouble getting the book

You can check out the book from the library if you don't want to buy it, or get it from Zooba for $9,95 (and free shipping).[/QUOTE

Zooba doesn't ship to Canada. I have requested the book from the library, but it isn't available yet. I haven't been able to get it from the stores in town. I tried to order it from Amazon the other day, but I did something wrong and gave up. I intend to go back to Amazon and do it right so that I can have a look at this book. It sounds like a great plan from everything I've heard here.
mjmommq is offline   Reply With Quote