Old 01-20-2006, 10:15 AM   #1  

Question Question about veggies and salad

I had read under another thread (Q&A thread) that you may have unlimited amount of tier 1 veggies for snacks. My question is, does that also apply to meals? I often get a garden or caesar salad with chicken or shrimp at the local steakhouse, but I'm pretty sure the plate size is larger. Is ok to eat the whole salad for lunch or dinner as long as I keep the dressing to a minimum and watch my portion control of the protein?
lilbitrsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:43 PM   #2  
Crazy(ied) Mom?

I don't see why not! That's why it's unlimited vegetables. I say as long as you watch your dressing (an olive oil based vinegrette on the side) you should be okay!
tearjerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #3  

Tammie,
I'm so used to following a diet with so many rules that I guess I'm overthinking everything with the Sonoma diet. It's almost like it's too good to be true , it's so 'relaxed' compared to Fat Flush. I just hope it works as well for me as it seems to be for some of the other 'Sonoma gals'!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #4  
Crazy(ied) Mom?

oh, this is SO much easier than Fat Flush! Way too many rules with that...I'm not that disciplined. In fact, I'm not disciplined enough to do WW or anything like that!

Once you get on wave 2, then there are lists of fruits and veggies above the unlimited that you are limited to one a day on. But the wave 1 veggies is unlimited, so eat to your hearts content!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

And you get to drink wine on Wave 2 if you want! I don't think the toxic chemical **** (Ann Louise Gittleman) would go for that.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:10 PM   #6  

I can't wait for wave 2!!! I haven't had wine for soooo long!!! I just had coffee for the first time in years--what a treat !! Things are looking up, it's easier sticking to a diet when your not feeling like everthing is poison. It's nice to feel like I can eat regular food like a normal person again!
Old 01-21-2006, 05:02 PM   #7  
Crazy(ied) Mom?

With my husband being a chef, I could NEVER think that food was poison! What an awful way to live! That's why this diet is so good for us, it enables him to still be creative in the kitchen (that is WHEN he is home to cook, and not exausted from being in the kitchen all day long as it is) plus allows us to eat healthfully.

Last night he was the one that made the turkey sausage angel hair with the tomato-wine sauce. It was so good, perhaps some of the best spaghetti I've ever had! I did break one rule, though...I over indulged on it! I think I had a little more than honestly allowed...but the whole dinner otherwise was OP, including the wine. This is the first diet I've ever stuck to this long (and yes, I've only been on it 20 days or so) and don't see myself coming off of it anytime soon!
Old 01-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #8  

I would say listen to your body and if you want to eat the whole thing, while watching or portion sizes for the protien and go easy on the dressing, or opt for a different dressing than go for it. But don't eat the whole thing because it's there.
DonnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:31 AM   #9  

Lilbitrsweet, where are you? I also live in NE PA.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #10  

I live in Sellersville, just south of Quakertown.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #11  

I was born in Sellersville. I'm in Bethlehem. I'm sure you know where that is.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #12  

petra65,
Yes, I do but I'm not really familiar with much of Bethlehem. I grew up in Lansdale, and we only got into the Bethlehem area occasionally. But that's so strange to find someone who actually lives that close on a forum that apparently extends outside the USA. It really is a small world in more ways than one! Where in Sellersville did you live?