Old 01-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #1  

Default Hello Everyone!!

I just wanted to say HI!!

My bosses husband attended the Culinary Institute at Greystone, where the author teaches. He knows her and has said that she DOES know her stuff. It was nice to get that kind of affirmation.

I have been following the Sonoma diet strictly now for 3 days!! I have to say, I have not been hungary at all. I like the diet but, it is alot of cooking for someone who is cooking for one.

I did want to mention to those of you thinking about lite or ff dressings, MAKE YOUR OWN!!!

I found some red wine vinegar (STAR) with garlic flavor, I have used it in their recipe for Vinegrette. It is wonderful.
makia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi, makia

Thanks for the info, and the tip on the red wine vinegar, I'll look for that!

It is more cooking, but we'll get used to it. I used to live on frozen dinners, and thought I hated to cook, until I started experimenting in the kitchen. Now I love it, and I consider the time I spend cooking as quality time. I think it's going to be fun to come up with new recipes that will work with this plan
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:12 AM   #3  

Makia and Suzanne, I'm gradually trying to work my way into Sonoma but still use my WW plan to portion control myself (I am terrible at portion control) and I am not totally on Sonoma yet as I have a great deal of food to use up in my house and will not waste it, especially if it conforms to the WW plan and I can work into Sonoma over the next few weeks perhaps. I am only about 50 pages into the book but truly like what I am reading so far.
I love the healthy approach and it all makes perfect sense to me, it is much like the WW CORE plan, but allows for bread, which is not a CORE food and I really am a bread person!
I'm hoping to figure out a way to make a bread machine recipe that will conform to Sonoma and be a great healthy and wonderful choice.
I have yet to try any of the recipes in the back of the book, but they are inspiring me.
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:23 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The recipes I've seen are certainly compatible with South Beach Phase II as well as with WW CORE and Sugar Busters. I will buy the book when I get a chance.
Fusion dieting anyone?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
The recipes I've seen are certainly compatible with South Beach Phase II as well as with WW CORE and Sugar Busters. I will buy the book when I get a chance.
Fusion dieting anyone?
I have been fusing Sonoma and South Beach Phase II this past week . I know that the weight loss will be slower but I have been making healthy choices and I have not felt deprived or starving. I like being able to have alittle bread/carb in my plan.I have a La Tortilla WW,LC,LF Herb & Garlic tortilla in the morning (and occassionally with dinner) with my protein choices.
This week, so far, I have lost 4 pounds.

My biggest weakness is snacking late at night, which will ruin any diet plan.
2BFIT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

This may be the furthest one out there Ruth but I'm a Protein Power follower and many of these recipes aren't far off my plan. I made the marinated flank steak earlier this week and have had left overs several times in salad and wraps which were completely on plan for me and delicious. For people who are on less drastic low carb plans than Atkins, this is pretty reasonable (and actually quite in line with the philosophy of most low carb diets).
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Smile Fusion dieting

Guess I never looked at it that way Ruth.. but its true.. .If I want to detox a bit, I follow phase 1 for a week to get my craving under control! Then I blend what I know from past dieting...

I also benefit from belonging to Tops, they are a wonderful group of ladies and I learn so much from them, all ages, all walks of life ect....Tops touts a exchange kind of diet, which a lot of us "older" ladies know from the old WW and Diet WorkShop days.. (70s )

I am currently anxiously awaiting my Sonoma book from Zooba, I want to thankyou Suzeanne for telling us about that site... My cost was just 10.95.. I have used amazon for lots of things and plan to order your new book

India
Indiacatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #8  
it's always something

I LOVE Zooba, India Just remember that if you don't want to keep getting a 9.95 book each month, that you have to cancel. I get my monthly book, plus buy several other books each month. They've filled my shelves

Ruth, I love the idea of 'fusion dieting' I'm a firm believer in tweaking. Do what you need to make it work.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:33 AM   #9  

I'm really looking forward to getting more into this and will be looking to you all for ideas.
This morning, I am about to make breakfast and shall consult my Sonoma book before creating something. I am craving pancakes... wonder if there is anything in the book that I can do that is like that and whole grain? I'll have to check, but it's probably not a Wave 1 recipe. I might just have shredded wheat with Splenda instead.
I had a hard day yesterday trying so hard to not snack, which is not good for Sonoma or WW or any diet! I was craving sweets like crazy. I did have 7 almonds and 2 grapes, finally, mid-morning with a cup of tea. I made it til lunch, which was a nice haddock filet with salad and chick peas for protien. I tried really hard to stick with the portions recommended, but I'm not sure I was awfully successful with it all.
I may go out and buy some inexpensive plates, a 9" and a 7" one as I really think the plate size recommendations are quite important.
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote