3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sonoma Diet and the Mediterranean Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sonoma-diet-mediterranean-diet-188/)
-   -   Exercise is not a dirty word - January (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sonoma-diet-mediterranean-diet/71288-exercise-not-dirty-word-january.html)

MELODY525 01-05-2006 02:39 PM

Set Three-Month Goals
From "Get Fit This Year"--FROM WOMAN'S DAY MAGAZINE Every season, write down your goals for the next three months. For each goal, include the following:

• What do you want to accomplish? GET HEALTHY AND LOSE WEIGHT

• What are your reasons for wanting to do this? I ET MYSELF GO THESE LAST 8 MONTHS AGAIN.

• What result are you hoping to achieve? LOSE 5LBS MINIMUM AND GET AN EXERCISE SCHEDULE GOING.

• Is this goal realistic for you? I THINK IT IS AND SPENT TIME RESEARCHING MY PHYSICAL ABILITIES.

• What obstacles do you expect to encounter? LAZINESS

• How will you triumph over these obstacles? LINDA AND HER FLAMING CATTLE PROD. SHE KNOWS ALL AND SEES ALL. THERE IS NO HIDING!! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!:rofl:

LindaT 01-05-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MELODY525
Lindat~ I Am Thinking Of Getting The Sonoma Book On On Amazon.com They Are Offering A Combo With The Mediterranean Cook Book. Whatcha Think?! It's Free S&h Then Too.

I think that sounds neat. You'll have to tell us how you like the cookbook!

LindaT 01-05-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MELODY525
• How will you triumph over these obstacles? LINDA AND HER FLAMING CATTLE PROD. SHE KNOWS ALL AND SEES ALL. THERE IS NO HIDING!! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!:rofl:

Snort.. well yeah!:crazy:

dlzbth 01-05-2006 03:17 PM

You guys crack me up! LOL :rofl: :lol3:

Donna

Shad 01-05-2006 03:31 PM

Not only futile but useless as well. The prod works across oceans and mountain ranges, through heat and cold, till death (or batteries) do us part. Wonder if I can organise a shortage of prod batteries from downunder and worldwide........... :chin: thinking... thinking,,, thinking... no that idea won't work :hyper: thinking........ :stars: ouch, hey Linda that hurt! :cry:

Okay, outa here before that damned prod gets back.

happytx 01-05-2006 03:39 PM

Well thank you Miss Mel, and you are the first person to wish me a happy b-day!! :lol:

I got up this morning and did my pilates routine on my reformer thingy (knock off from QVC) And then lifted some weights, i did my squats with my weighted ball, and my upper body exercises. Tonight its off to run 3 miles!! :-) Its sunny and beautifyl here, so Im taking advantage of that as long as I can!

Have a great day ladies, and woohoo tomorrow is Friday!!! :-)

Kelster2 01-05-2006 03:59 PM

I had a rocky day yesterday so no exercise:(

BUT (or maybe I should say BUTT?) I'm not going to let it stop today's. Back to the WATP BEFORE my rear hits the couch.

Let's see, 6 days til surgery. If I do 30 minutes or more a day, I'll feel pretty good about myself.

Hey LindaT! Missy Ruthie does a sticky in the fat chicks on the beach with an excercise challenge that we can go an update daily. Can we do that and you can crown the exercise queen at the end of the month?

LindaT 01-05-2006 04:00 PM

great idea... I'll do that right now

dlzbth 01-05-2006 04:07 PM

Yeah Me!

Ok, not to brag but this week has been perfect for getting back to fitness! Yesterday and day before were combination of cardio and strength and today I just finished one mile on the treadmill in 20 minutes time on a high intensity speed. :cheer: :tread: :sumo: :barbell: :yes: Going to buy the book this weekend and get started on the eating as well. Maybe you are thinking ONLY 20 MINUTES?? Well, let me tell you that's pretty darn good for not being on that thing since MAY! LOL

Shad, I agree with you about the prod but if it works, it works! LOL:o ;) :carrot:

Ok, where were those spices??? OH MEL!!!!!:shrug: :mag: :blah: :write: :thanks:

I was thinking... I know that is dangerous but maybe I should of measured myself before all this! UGH I'll do that this evening. At least I'll be close it's still within the first week. RIGHT??

TTFN :wave::hug:

LindaT 01-05-2006 04:16 PM

Sherry, Liz, Mel, Miss Happy and Donna. good going!! Exercise and those butts (or in my case guts :lol: ) are soon going to be melted puddles on the floor. The rest of you great plans... now go DO them!! :D

Oh Donna. I posted the spices in the recipes section.. doesn't any one ever pay attention to me? :lol:

Kelster2 01-05-2006 04:27 PM

January Excercise Challenge

Okay folks, here's my breakdown. Everyday I'll come and honestly put in the number of minutes and what I did. LindaT get's to add them up :devil: at the end of the month to see how I did :carrot:

Jan 1 - 0 minutes
Jan 2- 0 minutes
Jan 3- 30 minutes WATP 1 miler, 45 of Adrianna's Crunches
Jan 4- 0 :(
Jan 5-100 of Adrianna's crunches
Jan 6
Jan 7
Jan 8
Jan 9
Jan 10
Jan 11
Jan 12
Jan 13
Jan 14
Jan 15
Jan 16
Jan 17
Jan 18
Jan 19
Jan 20
Jan 21
Jan 22
Jan 23
Jan 24 - I don't have to exercise on my birthday, do I?
Jan 25
Jan 26
Jan 27
Jan 28
Jan 29
Jan 30
Jan 31

dlzbth 01-05-2006 04:48 PM

OOOPS! I'm in trouble now.... sorry LindaT! :( ;)

Ok Kel now we are really going to have to be accountable aren't we?!?!? LOL :lol: :rofl:
:hb: to you early! LOL

Donna

Bette k 01-05-2006 08:47 PM

Ok, I'm still doing my 1 mile WATP dvd in the morning, that is 3 days in a row now, I'm so proud of myself. :carrot: Not for doing the exercise but for getting up early to do it, I'm not exactly a morning person. This morning my son had to get up to go in to school early and run for wrestling, he watched me for a while but I told him if he laughed I was going to punch him.
Just one question--Is it ok to do the WATP or any other exercise barefoot? I really hate wearing shoes if I can avoid it.

JessieW 01-06-2006 09:22 AM

Sorry I did not stop in yesterday! But YES I did do the WATP 1 mile on Wednesday!! (25 minutes) No exercise yesterday, although I did take a walk across Vanderbilt campus with my hubby so I had SOME movement! It is going to be an insane weekend for me...but I CAN get up tomorrow morning and get my butt moving before the scrapbook party.

Jessie

Minutes so far this month: 65

ceejay52 01-06-2006 09:24 AM

Hello every one. You are doing great.

I did 50 minutes on the air bike yesterday but no weights. I think I've been cheating myself on food. I used a food scale to weigh every thing yesterday and had an anormous bit of food that came in at 1500 calories.