Old 06-27-2005, 08:08 AM   #1  
Married to the USAF

Location: Misery... Uh, I mean Missouri... Moving to Germany in December '05

Default How much?

Hello everyone... I have been thinking of myself as kind of a "low-carber", but I eat "good" carbs and avoid sugar and starchy carbs. I also use olive oil as my main fat source...

So, I was wondering... How much have you lost on this nutrition style? Actually, how much in what amount of time. I am not looking for anything super fast, but I am looking to lose about 50 pounds in the next 6 months.
Candy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:34 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Candy,

I personally haven't lost a significant amount b/c I am struggling with the head hunger monster, but I am still trying to follow this way of eating b/c it is healthy.

LindaT on the other hand can write a book about this woe, she has lost over 80 lbs.

I personally think you will do quite well if your watching your calories as well.

Let me go find Linda LOL.

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:27 AM   #3  

Wink I found her myself

As you can see by my sig I've lost quite a bit, but not very rapidly. I am over that age that comes after 39, on medication so all of those things slow down your losses.

One thing about losing slowly is your skin also has a better chance of snapping back, so to speak. Of course, genetics, age and other factors play a role in this as well.

Since this is a change for the rest of your life, I really recommend you not be in a specific hurry to lose X amount of weight in X amount of time. I mean, in 8 months it's not like you aren't going to be around anymore. 50 pounds in 6 months can be a very fast rate, deepending upon your size. If you have a lot of weight to lose it IS possible, but if you only have 50.. in my opinion its not likely to happen. I am sure there have been exceptions, but this is just my opinion based upon what I have observed in the real world. So what if you only lose 25 pounds in six months? That won't make you a failure AND you'll be 25 pounds thinner.

This way of eating is about more than just weight loss. This way of eating is about improving your health, first and foremost. Weight loss is a nice side effect. I cannot stress enough the importance of exercise because your first goal is to be healthy and we ALL need exercise for our health. Even if I never lose another pound, I will keep exercising because that is what we must do to be healthy. I don't particularly like going to the GYN every year, getting mammograms, flossing.. etc. but these are all things we do for health. Exercise is a non negotiable part of my day.. period.

What ever plan you chose, it's the same rule.. calories in calories out. Good Luck with whatever you choose.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote