Old 01-20-2007, 02:12 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking White Bean Bruschetta (w/ veggies for P1, bread for P2)

White Bean Bruschetta
Makes 12 to 16 Hors D’Oeuvres

This can be put together with ingredients found in most kitchens. If you’re pressed for time, it can be served soon after being prepared, but the flavors of rosemary and garlic really need several hours to penetrate.

1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic, minced (I used more)
2 to 3 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 loaf of country bread (In P1, use veggies, in P2, try WW baguettes or sourdough)

Gently toss together all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl, taking care not to break up the beans. Let the bean mixture stand, covered, for several hours at room temperature.

Slice the bread ⅓ inch thick and grill or toast. Cut each slice in half and spoon the beans onto the slice. (I served in a bowl with toasted ww baguette slices on the side, our neighbor Kammie smooshes some of the beans to make it easier to keep on your bread—she recommends putting them in a Ziploc and smooshing with your hands…which sounds fun!)
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:35 AM   #2  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

this is an excellent recipe. I made it but added dried provence herbs and served it with veggies. Just thought you guys might take notice of it.
thanks beachgal
sophie
sophie is offline   Reply With Quote