Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-20-2006, 02:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167.4/159.8/140

Height: 5'3

Question Weight Watchers: You experience

Hi All,

I am new here and just started Weight Watchers at work. I am interested in hearing your experience. I have about 20 pounds to lose and I am on my second day. Definitely hungry while my body gets used to this.

How much have you lost, and how fast did you lose it?

Thanks all! Tara
Time2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156.2/147.2/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi Tara: My experience will probably be a lot different than yours, I am 54 and I can see from your pix that you are not. I have lost 12 1/2 lbs since July 22, and I am very satisfied with the program. The hardback Weight Watcher's cookbook and angelfire.com along with this site have provided enough variety to keep things interesting. I need to add excercise, and I'm sure things could speed up a little. Good luck. Val
rebuildnola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Tara,

I've been on WW since August 8th, and have lost 20 pounds so far. I am much heavier than you so the weight will fall off quicker for me than it will for you. I do, however, LOVE weight watchers! I understand that everyone is different, but for me it allows me to still eat what I want, within reason, and with portion controls.

If you're hungry, check out some of the 0 or 1 points snacks that are available to you.....a handful of baby carrots are 0 points, yet often times it does the trick! It gives you fiber, you get the satisfaction of crunching something, and it gets in one of your vegetable requirements for the day!

Best of luck to you!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:27 PM   #4  

FYI, there's a great Weight Watchers forum with many useful threads (I use Slimmin' Sistas a lot)--the different food plans, keeping track of weigh-ins, suggested recipes, etc.

I took 6 months to lose 20 pounds, and have kept it off 22 months now. I still work at it; doing a lot of exercise definitely frees me up to eat much more during the day (when I feel like it). I stay at 24 points now but eat up to 30-31 on a heavy exercise day.

Congratulations on your good start! Hope it goes well.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #5  

That is GREAT... I hope to do the same. Can you give me some links to those sites?

~ Tara
Old 09-21-2006, 01:43 PM   #6  

Well,here's where I am outed as a not very sophisticated user (this despite the fact that I've been posting well over 2 years). When you enter the forums main page, scroll down to Weight Watchers. There will be a separate list for groups (age groups, Lifetimers, etc.). Slimmin Sistas is the bottom group on that list.
You are always welcome to join--the people are great, funny, supportive and we're all in the same boat.

Are you on Core or Flex right now?
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #7  

I am on my 3rd day of the Flex. I have 22 points a day. I am at 167.4 now, which is to much for my 5'3 frame. Although I have been blessed where I gain all over so it is not to much of a shock. However with my wedding coming up it is time to make a change.

Thanks!