Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/267/180

Height: 5'7"

Angry new here and struggling

I am looking for help or advice. I just starting my fat loss journey (again) but I am seriously struggling. I just gave birth to my 3rd child 6 weeks ago. 3 weeks ago I starting eating better, counting calories and walking 30 minutes a day. I have been consuming 1800-2100 calories a day. And guess what? I have GAINED 5 lbs!!! WHY?? At first I told myself it was muscle but come on!!! It has been 3 weeks now!! Any advice?
fuzziefrogg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Hello
Have you tried recording your progress with a measuring tape, instead of the scales?
Also, if youve just had a baby, your body takes some time to adjust.
You are doing very well, so stick with it!
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:24 AM   #3  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Not so new here, but struggling too.

Unfortunately, never having had children, I really have no idea of what one "should do" and "should expect" in your situation, nor of how long the body takes to adjust back to its pre-pregnancy state. Have you talked of this with a physician perhaps? Or is it that 2100 calories/day is a little too much? (I don't know your current weight, that is; in my case, though, I know that 2100 would no doubt be too much, so I can only compare with that. :|) Or... could it be some of this dang awful water that the body retains precisely when we want it the least?

In any case, watching the food intake (quantity/quality) and walking 30 mins a day are a pretty good start in my opinion, and can only wield good results. Maybe it's just too early to tell, sort of? (Given the recent childbirth, I mean.)
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: <a href="http://www.3fatchicks

Height: 5 foot and 4 inches

My cousin has a baby that is 4 months old, and she still has alot of baby weight targeted around her middle mostly, and she is going to a personal trainer, I know these things differ from person to person, but from her two pregnancies and my sisters two pregnancies from what I can tell, it will most likely be slow going for awhile, but don't get discouraged. Sorry I can't be more help.
meme1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Fuzziefrogg, I just gave birth to my second child 6 weeks ago too! I lost weight after I got home and then I started putting weight on again too. I have started the South Beach Diet and I am doing well with that. I haven't been gaining, I have been losing. Anyways, we can talk anytime, this is great support here.
RCsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote