Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Smile New to 3FC & "South Beaching"

Hi everyone! My name is Michelle and I'm 21 years young and really new to this site and the South Beach diet. I'm currently a resident of Yorktown Virginia (home of the American Revolution as they like to call it) and live with my fiance Daniel. He and I have been together 3 years and 3 months and will be married on August 18th, 2007. Like most brides, I want to look ravishing in my wedding gown. But more importantly I want to loose this "extra baggage" I've aquired since graduating high school. I was an average 135 in 2003... in 3 years I have gained 70 lbs to now be at my highest weight of 205. Most women tell me they can't see it, (I assume because I carry it in different areas) but I see it everytime I get onto the scale or look in the mirror. I found SB through a friend of mine that has lost 55 lbs on it, I'm hoping I have the same results.

USER NAME/NAME: Chellez or Michelle

BIRTHDAY:March 6th, 1985

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged (Wedding: Aug. 18th, 2007)

Children/ages: No kids.

TOP WEIGHT: 205

CURRENT WEIGHT: 203

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5'5 1/2

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Brown w/blonde highlights

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Art, puzzles, movies, cooking

PETS: 1 dog (pit bull/Kujo - lives at my parents), 1 cat (Gizmo), 1 crested gecko

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Yorktown, VA

FAVORITE COLOR: Black (it hides a lot )

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian & anything from Starbucks

FAVORITE EXERCISE: hip hop dance & powerwalking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I read a lot of Maggie Shayne's Vampiric Stuff

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Anything from Pink Pather to Star Wars

FAVORITE SINGER/GROUP: I listen to a broad selection from Queen to Justin Timberlake.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I like to cheat and think it won't make a difference.

GOAL: To loose enough weight that I'm healthy again and look great!
chellez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Michelle -

Welcome to 3FC. You can join the unofficial bride brigade...my wedding date is April 21, 2007, so I'm right here with you. Not doing SB myself, but I hope your chosen plan works for you - we have a very active SB forum here with recipes, support, etc.

Welcome!

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:02 PM   #3  
budding cinephile

Thank you for the warm welcome! I hope that I find the support I need. I have a tendency to feel like I'm alone in the struggle with my weight being that my fiance does not care to diet and neither do the majority of my friends. Good to know theres a lot of people out there like me.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

I am 35 and am on day 11 of South Beach. I am hooked into the 30-somethings support group and have a buddy but if you'd like a buddy I'd be glad to be one! I dont have anyone I am chatting with who is also doing South Beach so that would be cool.

Just private message me if you'd like. I have been married 9 yrs and have and 8 yr old daughter. I live on the east coast too but am a bit colder up here! I topped at 183 and have just lost the last 6 lbs on South Beach after my scale stalled at 170 doing it just calorie counting. Only 26 to go! groan...
squishy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Hello, can I join the unofficial brides brigade too?
My wedding is on November 18, just 2 months away, and my dress doesnt fit, aaaarrghhhhh!!!
Im not following any particular plan, just doing exercise and cutting out cookies, chips (fries as they call them in the US) and anything that isnt healthy, and Im eating fruit and drinking lots of water instead.
kalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:25 AM   #6  
budding cinephile

aww thanks squishy! I'd love to be your buddy! Thats great that you've lost weight on SB... gives me hope that I may do the same!

I stepped on the scales this morning and I've lost 3.5 lbs in 2 days I'm so excited!

I'll be blogging daily from now on.... I'll make sure I post a link when I get my first entry up
Old 09-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Chellez,

I am also doing the South Beach Diet. I have found it to work really well on my body. After the birht of my first son, it was what helped me lose all of my pregnancy weight. I had my second son six weeks ago and am losing from the South Beach. It is so nice, especially the first two weeks, to see the scale move so much! I am also an addicted Starbucks fan! The iced white chocolate mocha is my weakness! Anyway, good luck and if you want to talk I'm here!
RCsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #8  

I am on day 13 of phase 1 but have lost only 6 lb and am craving sweets today and yest afternoon something fierce! What is wrong with me? All I can think of is that my period is due next week but it is annoying. I have to really work at not eating all the sweets in the kitchen before my daughter gets home. Anyone else know what is going on?!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:14 PM   #9  
budding cinephile

Oh I love watching the scale. I was just explaining in the Wednesday chat in the SB Forum that I'm weighting myself daily instead of weekly. It's almost like a guilty pleasure I allow myself in the morning instead of eating something I shouldn't throughout the day. I also use it for the graphs I can get off of my nutridiary.

Congratulations on the new baby! My fiance and I were talking about kids the other night and I told him not until I'm closer to 30 I want to enjoy things while I'm still able to.

My Starbucks addition is the Venti Caramel Frappe. Oh its so good.
Now that I think about it I shouldn't be talking about sweets with squishy having sweets cravings. Do you have dessert after dinner squish? I find that just a little bit of the Mocha Ricotta Creme gives me a nice smooth over until the next day. I just have to ignore the grainy texture.

I know they also said in the Foods to Enjoy section that you can have sugar free candies and sweets but limit them to 75 calories a day. (At least thats what I'm trying to pull from memory.) Hopefully you'll get through it squish.... you only have 1 more day of Phase 1!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #10  

Yes, I have Ricotta with cocoa powder ( I skip Splenda since it makes me nervous) and it is great! Trouble was I had it yest afternoon when DD got home from school and again after dinner! All the other days I jsut have it after dinner.

thanks for responding and for the

Whaahhh I am hungry! Off to go have a snack and more water...
Old 09-22-2006, 07:32 AM   #11  

OK, I lost 6.5 on Phase I. I lost the first 6 in week 1 and only .5 on week 2. I read that I can stay on Phase I for another 1-2 weeks but I think my body is saying it doesnt like it. I think I am not eating enough (plus TOM is almost here). How are you all doing?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:20 AM   #12  
budding cinephile

I'm doing ok squish.... gained a half a pound yesterday cause I was naughty and at too much fat so I'm cutting back hard today. I've lost 4 lbs (not including my .5 lb i gained back) and I'm working out so I get all tingly whenever I stretch and move around. Did you cheat during your first two weeks? If so you could probably extend your Phase 1 for another week and see some more loss.

Keep up the good work!