Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #1  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Cool Hello you, this is me!

Hello, I have been here before, but am on a new phase of my journey. Three years ago I lost 120 lbs and was on top of the world... I looked fabulous felt really healthy and had so much self confidence I was buzzing

Then two family tragedies set me on a spiral of comfort eating that has seen me put half of the weight back on. I have tried to kid myself that I was happy with the new additions to my body, but know that I am not. I was a completely different person thin and I loved myself in a way I have never done before . I have been overweight all my life, and will be forty next May. My goal is to lose the weight I put back on by the "F" milestone

I need loads of support, and love to listen to advice and work on new recipes etc. I love this website and am very comforted by the stories and tales I read here. Thank you for the support I know I am going to get here, stardust and sprinkles to you all!

starting weight: 306
current weight: 246
goal weight: 160

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:50 AM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I believe everyone here has been on that yo-yo at one time or another. I understand the "F" milestone all too clearly! I still have about 95 pounds to go to my ultimate goal, and I too want it gone by my 40th which will be in December 2007....sounds far away, but it's just around the corner! YIKES time goes fast! Best of luck to you on your journey, and with some positive reinforcement and a little help from above, we'll both reach the finish line!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:34 AM   #3  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Starbrite and boaterswife

I hear ya!! I have 3 yrs to go until the big four - o hits.

Starbrite.. the best news is.. you know you CAN do it. You did it already.. I think that's a large chunk of the battle.. wondering whether you can. sorry to hear about your bad times
It's good that you're starting again.. you will get into the groove again in no time.

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:02 AM   #4  
Move, Move, Move!!!!!!!!!

S/C/G: 304/293/150

Height: 5'5

I hear ya girl. I am a big time yo-yo dieter. But No More we can do this!!
304NoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #5  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

304nomore I just read your reward, I love it!!!! I want one before the big four- zero, how cool!
Thanks Abbeycat36 I do know I can do it, as can we all, Its just a long road and one that requires so much will and determination. I often wish I had been @born slim@ I think life would have been very much easier. I am sure I think about my fatness every day of my life!
Go girls you are doing great, keep up the good work

xx
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:32 AM   #6  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Starbrite

Yeah.. I know, I've been wishing for YEAARSSS that I was one of those 'eat anything you want, don't gain a pound' types. It isn't gonna happen.
BUT.. I can and will get thin. And, so can you. Look at you already, you've lost a bunch. Take it in baby chunks. Then it's not as hard to look at.
I'm only looking as far as my first Christmas goal right now. The big numbers are too much right now.

You can do it girl.. you can and are doing it Take it one day at a time.

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote