Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #1  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Lightbulb Not really new, but starting over...could use some support!

I started this account a while back, but then life intervened and I never got into the community here. And I'm now up to my highest weight ever. Almost. I peaked at 198 lbs as of two weeks ago, but have begun cutting out sweets and working out a few times a week. So I'm now at 195.

I would love to find someone to work with, motivate each other, etc. You know the drill! The hardest part for me is exercise; but this time, I am seriously committed to taking this weight off. 55 lbs to go!

I look forward to meeting you guys and making friends here.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:50 AM   #2  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi,

Just wanted to welcome you here.. well, welcome back anyway! I'm sure you'll find your groove with time, that seems to be the trick. I think everyone's a bit different though. We're all here to help you keep going, so that's a great start!!!

Try different exercises at first.. anything at all. I mix mine up a lot. I lost 60 pounds on my last weight loss journey and gained it back + but what can you do, it happens. I lived at the gym to lose it and now this time I do different exercises and I find it much easier. Try exercise tapes/dvd's, walking is a great one to start with too.

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #3  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the welcome! DVDs are my main source of exercise, since I don't like going to the gym...I always just feel self-conscious when I do. I've got a couple of Leslie Sansone (Walk Away the Pounds) DVDs, a couple different yoga/pilates/aerobics/dance DVDs of varying types. I hear ya on mixing it up, because I get bored so fast it's not funny.

Good luck on your weight-loss, too!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:33 AM   #4  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

I've heard SOOO many comments on that walk away the pounds DVD I'm going to have to check that one out.

I have a couple DVD's also - Turbo Jam, Just my size yoga, and cardio dance party.

We (hubby goes with me) go walking outside almost every day and then other days I use the eliptical we have here at home. When I just don't feel like a hard workout, I usually go walking outside.

I went to a gym before we bought the home gym stuff and I just wanted to let you know that honestly, people are not going to judge you. If you feel like you want to go, you should try. They usually offer a free week at most gyms. If you don't like it after the first time, then you don't have to go back. I bet you'd be surprised though. They have a lot of women's only gyms now too.

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255.6/185.2/145

Height: 5'3"

Hi, Nikaia. I'm returning after a four-year absence...I've had my ups and downs and ups...Seems like every time I lost, I gained it all back with interest and for a while, I just stopped trying to lose, figuring if things went as they always had before, I'd just get fluffier and fluffier...Yeah, THAT worked...I got fluffier anyway--up to 255.6 when I finally admitted that doing nothing wasn't helping at all! I joined the UCLA Risk Factor Obesity program in mid-July and I've lost, as of last Wednesday, 43 pounds, so I'm feeling hopeful. So now I'm back, like you, and trying to find the forums (forae?) that are going to work best for me. Like you, I need to lose another 50+ and it's going to take a while, so mutual support is definitely the way to go!
Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote