Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #1  

Default here I am, on the last rung of my journey!!!

Hello All!!
This is my 1st post, so here's a little about me. I'm 29, married to a sailor in the Navy (the toughest job of the military, but, we only have 2422 days 12hrs 33mins and 20secs to go until his retirement), own 3 cats (Tiger, Loki, and Bartleby), and am new to this area my husbands stationed at. I know noone, have no job (tried many times, thinking of giving up!!), so, I have a lot of time on my hands.

My weight loss journey started on July 5th, 2005. I weighed my highest, 210, and was in a size 18 jeans. Today, I'm 135, wearing a size 4, and have yet to reach my goal weight. It gets more and more frusterating, because I find the more you lose, the harder it is for the scale to move. At my highest weight, it seemed all I had to do was cough and I'd lose 1/2 a lb. Today, it takes more than that LOL.

The hardest times for me is when there's a lengthy underway period or deployment. My husband's next deployment is this April, and I am NOT looking forward to that. I don't know why, but the anxiety and depression really get to me, and I don't eat. The last deployment he was 'voluntold' he had to go on (he was on shore duty and not assigned to any ship), I didn't eat for 2 weeks before I was dragged to the doctor's. My husband was gone for all of August (underway training period---to train for the upcoming deployment), and while he was away, I landed in the hospital because of seriously low potassium levels (I wasn't eating). It ALWAYS happens to me. I wish I could be 1 of the 'lucky' ones who eat and eat when they're depressed, but I don't.

His homecoming from that last deployment was a complete joy, and nightmare for me. I'm a 'happy' eater, and I gained 20lbs in 2 weeks. Hey, I was celebrating his arrival, so I was entitled right? Wrong. My no-longer-fitting-14's said so LOL.

But, these last 25lbs are going to go slower than anything, I just know it. But I'm determined, stubborn, and if I can get through 1 6-month deployment in the past, 25lbs have got nothing on me. Until then, I guess my motto is 'hurry up and wait'!!! LOL.
xCandyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Candy ... Ah, those last pounds are a PITA to lose that is a fact... At 3FC we have a Featherweight section that is geared for those of us who "only" have a few pounds left to go... Where ever you chose to go on 3FC you will be welcomed with open arms, because we've all "been there, done that" ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote