Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-12-2006, 01:36 AM   #1  

Default Hi everyone!!

Hey everybody! I just joined 3FC today and am totally loving all the inspiration and advice I see on these forums. I don't have that much weight to lose (I'm 5'3" and weigh around 125lbs, so only about 10lbs or so to lose), but I find it helpful to look at how others are staying on track, and perhaps this will keep me accountable. I'm a vegetarian so I eat fairly well already but I just started with the Fat Smash diet as a way of controlling my carb and sugar cravings, and hopefully this will give me the structure that I need. If anyone is on Fat Smash and wants to talk send me a line! Keep up the good work everybody!
mellybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:28 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi and welcome! Good for you for wanting the weight off BEFORE it becomes a big amount like so many of us!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/152/145

Height: 5'8"

Ditto with what Misti said. I wish I had done that before things got out of control. I am on JC and lost almost 50 lbs., so let us know how that fat smash diet goes. Remember it is a life change.
Change4Marie
Change4Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:39 PM   #4  

Default Thanks!

Hey guys thanks for the positive feedback! A lot of people use the old "You don't need to lose weight" line and it really doesn't help with the motivation. And yes, I agree with both of you that it helps to get rid of the weight before you wake up and suddenly notice those extra pounds that magically appear!

As far as the fat smashing goes, I'm not following it strictly yet as a friend borrowed my book, but I'm working in more cardio and trying to cut out all white foods (breads, sugar, potatoes, rice, etc...). We'll see how it goes when I follow it word for word...wish me luck! And Marie, it really is a lifestyle change which is what I like about it...I think we all know by now that fad diets don't work!
mellybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:42 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Mellybelly!

I joined yesterday and don't have much to lose either, so I guess we're kind of in the same boat. I'm 5'1" and currently a comfortable(takes no effort) 127 lbs. I'm about ten pounds heavier than I was ten years ago, when I ate like a pig but walked everywhere. I'm also about ten pounds less than I was a year ago when I moved to Canada from the UK. The pub life in London is social and really fun, but pints of lager are tough on the wasteline. Anyhoo, I also have people tell me there's no need to lose weight, but I've got a miniscule frame and really big boobs, so my bulging mid-section makes me look frumpy and bigger than I actually am. And as I'm in my early thirties and haven't had kids yet I figure it'll only get worse unless I do something now. Right now! Woohoo!!!

So welcome and good luck.
fitaitch is offline   Reply With Quote