Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/170/120

Height: 5'2"

Talking Konichiwa - New to diets and new here

Well, My name is Nancy, I love all things Japanese and starting my first diet. (well my first healthy one) I grew up anorexic, but after I got pregnant, I ate like a horse. Sometimes I even wanted to eat the horse. I have never enjoyed food like this though, till I moved to GA, now I can't stop eating. From pork skins to Mrs. Winners. I am miserable now that I am this weight and I see myself, as hispanic partially and also because obesity is in the family, that I will end up like my mother, overweight and miserable and lonely, if I do not help myself.

I am starting the SBD today and a little scared. I got up with the children this morning all excited, but after I ate my breakfast of 4 eggs, no butter no salt, and my 2 slices of turkey bacon, I WAS STARVING......still am too. It has been 4 hrs since I ate and realized that I bought the wrong yogurt for my snack, it is vanilla low-fat but it has tons of sugar. So I am sitting here wondering what I can do and figured I would try this site since it seems very friendly.

I am hoping that I will find people to help me lose my little 65lbs and help my gf lose her weight, about 190lbs. I want to be able to help her stay focused and I don't want to starve. I am getting scared. Is this normal? I feel like if I can't eat some cereal or something soon I will crack wide open. I am drinking water and got bored, so I made some water tea (half and half) and it is not working, I am just having to go... you know what I mean? I found a list of the foods we can eat, but I don't know how much of these foods I can eat...is there a rule? I mean I know with certain nuts and things you can only have a couple of pieces, but is there an amount for other things as well? I even tried sucking on a piece of my SF candy, but it is not as satisfying as food would be.

Just need to have some support and answers. Sorry if it seems I am boohooin...not always this way.
nozomashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Konichiwa! I enjoy Japanese food and culture as well as other cultures.
I just worked at an Anime/Scifi/Horror/Gaming Convention a few about a week or so ago. My goddaughter loves anime and actually speaks a bit of Japanese.

Don't worry about boohooing - we've all done it at some point!

You may find the "Fat Chicks on The Beach" forum helpful as it is devoted to the SBD lifestyle, has lots of helpful information and recipes, and you can meet other people following the SBD plan.

Here's a link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113

Good luck in your weight loss journey.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #3  

Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to go look at that thread and I know that I will be ok now. Thank you so much again. I am envious btw about the convention...I want to go to one badly, we will see I get to make it to one. God Bless and talk soon... good luck to you too. Nozo
Old 09-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #4  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Hajimema****e, Doozo yoroshiku...o-genki desuka.

Sorry.. lol.. had to practice my Japanese and I couldn't help it. ^_^ it''s nice to meet you. I also love the Japanese culture/food. ect.. and in love with anime.

Anyways... i know how hard it is to go through sugar withdrawls.. @_@.. my advice.. start slow.. it's worse cold turkey...(for some people).. and when I find myself having food cravings... I suck on a ice cube.. it's fat free ^_^ lol and by the time it melts.. the craving is gone. Just a tip.
Keep in touch and read around the threads. You'll find lots of ideas and motivation.

PS.. LOL I didn't know we had a censor on this site lol.. my greeting got half deleted lol
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

I have not been on the SBD, but I have the book and have adapted some of the concepts to my own weightloss plan.

Generally, the first few days of any diet is the hardest because your body is adjusting to it. If you can stick it out for a few days, you will probably find that a lot of your hunger/cravings go away.

There are lots of veggies you can eat on SBD. Not only are they healthy, but they contain fiber and bulk which will fill you up. Why not plan to have a big mixed veggie salad with olive oil & vinegar dressing when you get hungry?

Or maybe make your eggs & bacon into an omelet with some asparagus, mushrooms, and fat-free cheese?

Hang in there. It gets better
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #6  

I really am so happy that I am hearing form people already... and so many people who share my JOY... wow... maybe we can talk about that too... I like the ice idea and I bought cucumbers tonight and have some pastrami (turkey) so i feel like I will beo k in the snack department now... I love salads and I have SBD dressing, so I am set. Thank you so much

** my new site is all about anime, though not nearly finished, will be eventually, www.nozomashii.com I know it is not about diets, but I could always use friends who have the same interests. sorry just got excited***