Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/190

Height: 5"10'

Default I need help

Hi ya'll umm yeah, im 15 and i weigh 290, and i need help on how to do stuff on this thing, and i also need a buddy, which i dont know what to do to try and get one, so yeah, if yall can help, i will GREATLY appreciate it. thanks again!!

Michael Ferrante
WhiteGuy789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi. The best thing to do is search around the site and find something that fits what you want best. Losing weight is a combo of exercise and diet. Make an appointment with your doctor to find what type of program would be best for you.

Good luck
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/222/145

Height: 5'2

Default hi there

Hey kiddo,im fairly new to the site as well but you will get the hang of it.If you go to the search link and type in what type of group youre ooking for it will send u there.Youre so young,before you start a diet you should have your parents bring you to the dr and have him /her give you suggestions so not ot make you sick.If you are a sweets person or soda drinker those are the first you should really try to be rid of and lower your carbs.I will check back in with you and see how youre making out and if I can help any.Good luck and take care,Holly(33yr old mom of three)
mommyofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #4  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

WhiteGuy, Welcome! Good for you for taking the initiative to do something positive for YOU! As others have said, there are many different plans out there, and several are discussed on this board. Take the time to read all that you can to be sure to choose the one that's best for you, so that it becomes a life change rather than a willpower issue. For me personnally I've found the Weight Watchers Flex Plan to be perfect......I can still eat whatever I want, but am accountable for portions, etc. Think about it, and best of luck to you!!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #5  
Maintaining for 3+ years!

S/C/G: 180/157/148

Height: 5'8"

Wow, I think it's great that you're going through this the right way.

I'd focus on one thing for one week (there's a Reader's Digest book with that plan actually).
So maybe for one week, you'll eat breakfast every morning.
Then you'll start drinking eight 8oz glasses of water every day.
Try not eating mindlessly (that's a big one!) -- put your snacks in a bowl or cup and close the bag and put it away -- never eat out of a serving bowl or a bag of chips.
Trying to do everything at once would probably overwhelm you, but if you do one thing a week, you'll start to make those good behaviors good habits.
Lastly, if you're going to start exercising: start by telling yourself you'll only do 10 minutes at a time, say, twice a week. You'll probably end up doing more once you start (the hardest part is really getting off the couch), but at least you know you'll attain your goal and you won't give up because you "blew it."
Good luck -- We're all pulling for you!
InItForLife is offline   Reply With Quote