Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Need a Buddy Desperately

Hi all, I have been coming to the boards for awhile now and I am ready to do this! I start everyday really well, and then by this time every day, I want sweets and soda and junk food. So, I have some and then some more and then I decide, Oh well, I've already screwed up...I'll start again tomorrow. I need to stop starting again tomorrow and just do it. I am a mother of two boys, a 2 year old and a 4 week old. I really want to lose the baby weight and then some. I am a stay at home mom, which I think really contributes to my weight problem. I get bored when the kids sleep and so I eat plus since I can't ever enjoy it when I eat when they are awake, I try to enjoy it while they sleep...then I enjoy it a little too much. I am going to try to do weight watchers and I need to somehow fit exercise into my life. I would love a buddy to motivate me and keep me going. Hope to meet some of you soon!

Jaime
RCsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 148/115/119

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on the decision!! That is 2/3 of the battle...deciding to just do it and stay with it.

FITDAY is a website that lets you log food/excercise...Ive found it EXTREMELY helpful....It also has nutrition guidelines (like am i getting enough calcium etc.) Ive found that great...Ill be all set to scarf down a bowl of TRIX (after all I have 200 calories left over), and then see that my Vit. C intake is really low...and have an orange instead. I got 1 HORRIBLE eating habit from having 4 kids in 5 years.....seems every time i went to sit for dinner...baby would cry...so I started eating REALLY fast....still do...cant seem to break it but now at least i eat a bowl of oatmeal with skim milk in 20 seconds, instead of 2 crullers and a boston creme....so I guess thats ok. I used to hate excercise...love it now...who would have figured? If i can do any of it, anyone can, cause im as lazy as they come.
Button_ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Commitment IS key. Try eating small meals throughout the day. You'll be eating more often (so you won't feel deprived) and you won't have to worry too much about kids interrupting a mini meal (cuz they don't last as long). Focus on what you CAN eat, instead of what you can't. Also portion control is a lot of the battle. Take it one step at a time. Breathe. Relax. Enjoy the journey.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Jaime,

I know how you feel. In the past, I have done just what you are talking about...messed up and then given up. I am fighting the battle not to do that anymore. I do have days when I eat poorly, but I try to get right back on program the next day. I know it would be really hard if I were at home all day because weekends are hard for me. It is much easier when I am at work and do not have access to food.

If you are still looking for a buddy, let me know and maybe we can help each other.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Melody,

I would love to buddy up. I just need someone to hold me accountable for things. I need to have someone to answer to and someone that is going through the same thing I am. I went to your blogspot and your house is beautiful by the way. Talk to you soon.

Jaime
RCsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Jaime,

Great! We can be buddies! I will PM you my e-mail address and we can talk that way or through PM if you prefer.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote