Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 172

Height: 5'4"

Default Wanted: A New Buddy :)

Hello all!
I am new here and am looking for a buddy to help and motivate me to lose 35 pounds.

I joined because this weekend, while I was out, I overheard someone say something about my weight. Also, a month or two ago, I overheard another comment from someone else. The things they said were a bit harsh and have completely bothered me. Why are people so cruel sometimes?

I am well aware of what I weigh and while I am not happy about it, I really haven't done anything to make me lose the weight. Y'all's stories and those jerks have inspired me to finally do it!

So that's why I am here...I need to do this for my health and maybe to gain some of the confidence I had a couple of years ago back.

Have a good day!
KT1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/166/150

Height: 5'10"

Welcome KT1280!
Glad you joined, you should find this group encouraging and uplifting! I would love to be your buddy, I just joined last week and haven't buddied up with anyone yet.
What are your plans as far as diet/exercise?
Again, welcome!!
Holly
hollycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:35 PM   #3  

i just joined too!! we have similiar goals. i can't believe that people can be so insecure with themsleves that they talk about others. you will lose the weight! it's only a matter of time do you have a mini goal set? mine is 160 by oct 1st...................
flabbychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:40 PM   #4  

Default I too am in need of a buddy!!

Hi there, I am about 60 pounds overweight and have been slowly gaining since the birth of my daughter almost 8 years ago!!!!! I am constantly bothered by the extra LB's and I too hate to hear the chatter and negativity about my weight but most of all I just want to be healthy an be around for a while. I need help getting motivated and STAYING motivated so I thought I would try this because I we can all relate to each other.

Thanks for posting and I hope to start on the losing path, LOL!!
longingforlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:26 PM   #5  

Smile

Longinforlean, Holly, and Flabby (not for much longer ):
Thanks for the support! We should all keep eachother motivated!

Holly: I was thinking of just doing something simple like eating better, eating less and maybe throw in an hour or two of cardio maybe 4 times a week. It will be better than what I have been doing of no exercise and eating something quick (ie. fast food).

Flabby: I hadn't thought of a mini-goal until you asked. I think I should go for 166 or 167 by October 1. That sounds reasonable, right?

Longing: I have a tendency to be motivated for a little bit and then I get down right lazy (or really hungry for ansty food ), so let's really push eachother.

How do y'all think you are going to go about losing the weight? Weight watchers? Like me? Anything different? Let me know...

Katie
Old 08-30-2006, 12:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/140/110

Height: 4'11

Hey,

I am new here too. I need to lose 30 pounds to get back to my original size...I keep putting this off telling myself, oh I'll work out tomorrow, I'll eat better tomorrow, but instead the scale keeps going up. I am determined to get this weight off and I think having someone to talk to through the journey will really help! I really got to get to bed for work tomorrow, but see you again soon!

Jackie

Last edited by StayFocused; 08-30-2006 at 12:28 AM.
StayFocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5'0

Post New need buddy!

Hey everyone,

I am also new and I would like to have a buddy someone to talk to about everying involved with getting back in shape It's been awhile for me and I don't even know where to begin I'm lost I do know that I need to lose atleast 45lbs but if I can more that would be great also! I'm not sure what should I do if the treadmill or weight lifting? ideas on healthy eating yes I'm a reck and feel alone I to know how it feels for people to talk about your weight with me it was my own family and that was very hurtful

So let's help eachother, oh by the way I'm Alexandra

ihavefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189.2/184/145

Smile First step in the jorney

Brand new to this site. I lost to my goal weight in 1995 and maintined it until 2004. I got married, moved several states from family and friends, started a new job, went through menopause, stopped exercising and ate everything. I now weigh more than I ever have. I have a closet full of size eights that I can't wear. I only have a few outfits 12/14 because I refuse to invest in a new wardrobe for a size that I do not want to be! I will walk two miles daily. I will eat 5 portion controlled meals daily. I will look and feel better!
code red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:25 AM   #9  
Opulent

Hello to all the newbies! I am just returning after being away and am glad to see so many motivated people!

Best of luck
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #10  

I am excited to get started and I really appreciate all of the encouraging thoughts and advice. I myself have a problem with getting lazy and eating out too much so those are two areas in which I know i need to improve. I am going to begin by limiting my eating out and taking in more veggies and fruits. Work seems to be the hardest place for me so I am making sure I bring a lot of healthy snacks instead of hitting the vending machine. I will check back later, hope you all are having a great day!!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Hello there everyone. I was wondering if you had room for one more. We all seem to be in about the same place. I was doing Nutrisystem in May and lost 14 pounds, but my willpower got the better of me and I fell off the horse. I have crept back up to 186, but refuse to change my weight on the computer until I give it one good week. I don't know, maybe to remind myself that I CAN do it, but only if I try. I am self employed, so I make my own schedule. One would think that would help me make time to work out, but it doesn't, it is actually worse because I am not on a "schedule" and never know how my days are going to run. It's annoying, really. But the solution is the same as my weight loss problem. One thing, make sure that you drink a lot of water. I have heard you should dring half your weight in ounces to lose weight. That puts me at about 96 oz a day. When I switched from diet coke to my gallon water, I lost two pounds in like a minute. Since it is 6am, I haven't had the chance to derail myself. So, I am back on program this second!!!!! Now the exersizing, that's a different story. But you know, I always love the post-exersize rush that I get. Wish me luck. How do you guys tackle your exersize routine?
LuvMyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:52 PM   #12  

Default Old habits are hard to break

It scares me sometimes how mentally motivated I can be without actually putting any of my thoughts into action. I did ZERO miles today (walking) and while I did fairly well on the eating I did not eat as often as I should have and so I kind of pigged out at dinner. I really need to sit down and analyze my thoughts, feelings and emotions and get my stuff together. I really WANT to lose weight and I know how.....so why is it so hard to do what you know?? Well I can tell you one reason is because I use food to deal with emotions and boredom and that is a habit that I have to break, I must find healthier outlets!

Anywho, I just needed to vent a little. I think tomorrow morning I will try to be diligent and get back down to journaling my food intake and I am going to TRY, TRY, TRY to do my walk away the LBS video even if it is only the one mile, I need to start getting up just 30 minutes earlier in the AM and you would think it was going to kill me on the spot. Here is to a better tomorrow!!! I will let you all know how it goes and I hope you are all keeping on track.......remember the phrases: a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips and nothing tastes as good as looking good feels.......well it really is true it just takes a lot of support and motivation to make the lifestyle changes needed!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #13  

Hey, chicks! Just wondering how things are going?!?!?

It's sad to say that I haven't lost anything, but I won't lie...I haven't tried hard enough. I did walk yesterday, so that made me feel a little better. How are y'all? Any progress? What have y'all been doing?

-Katie