Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #1  

Default I REALLY want and need this to happen!

My nae is Ashleigh and I'm 18. I've tried losing the weight at the beginning of the year and I lost what i thought was 10kgs but now I'm not sure....

I was ok at the weight I thought I was (well not really but it was an excuse to stop) but after going to the doctor a few days ago I found I was actually 5 kilos heavier and that my scales were broken. Well that was a kick in the arse I tell you that much.

I've been overweight my entire life and I've really had enough of the stares and the looks of disgust from my family. My brother tells me he is embarrassed of me and it really hits home. The on thing I don't get is that he goes out with a girl who would weigh the same if not more then me.

I really didn't think my weight was that much of a problem but people keep telling me it is and it's getting me down and I'm sick of it. I weigh 97.2 kilos and I'm 183cm in the other system it's 214lbs and 6 foot tall. I really don't like the pounds it looks like so much more then the kilos....

Anyways as I've said I really want to do this but I need someone who is really going to get on my arse and tell me I need to do this. It's hard for me I have no idea why I feel like an idiot when i see these people who have lost my weight and more and then I complain that it's hard to lose 20 pounds....

I'm so ready to do this and am looking for someone who can motivate me throughout and that i can return the favour to so if you're interested let me know! I don't care what age you are, where you are from or how you want to lose the weight.
ashory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Ashleigh and welcome!!!

Glad you are here... and you sound pretty determined. Good for you! If you really want and need it to happen, it WILL. It is HARD WORK but if you have the determination and make the decision and stick with it regardless of "feelings" (it will be discouraging at times) you CAN make it happen. You have come to a great place for support and encouragement!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote